What Are You Cooking Tonight?

The Doctor

Tacos! With avocado and sour cream with cheese and lettuce and tomatoes..No lettuce or tomatoes for me...Yum Yum...And Im not rolling my own tortilla's tonight..not in the mood...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Heck Pizza lasts almost forever... just mail her a piece.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Damn Callenish...you need a cooking show. The Pirate Chef.

I may bake an egplant tonight. Im finally home for a few days.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Gumbo, made a nice big pot full.

Just a simple gumbo, had a leftover turkey breast, some sausage and some imitation crab added that to the Trinity (Bell Peppers, Celery, and Onions) made out of leftovers from the veg. platter for my daughter's wedding reception this last Saturday, (no onions on the veg. platter, but plenty in the pantry. A bag of Okra out of the freezer some chicken stock, some seasoning, and there you are. Went down nice with a Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Me? I'm making Jamaican Shrimp. Right now, as I write, the shrimp are bathing in their marinade, the green pepper and onion are all chopped up...I'm stuck working today, and my Mother is in hospital, so I'll be heading there directly after work. But once home, the shrimp will be cooked...as below:

1 to 2 lb. shrimp (shelled, deveined)

1/2 c. Lea & Perrins steak sauce

1/4 c. Myers spiced rum

1/8 c. pineapple juice

1/8 c. orange juice

1 tsp. liquid smoke

2 tbsp. vegetable oil

2 tbsp. molasses

1 tbsp. ginger, crushed

1 sm. clove garlic

1 sm. yellow onion

1 sm. green bell pepper

2 tsp. cayenne pepper or pepper sauce

1 c. uncooked brown rice

Marinate shrimp, for several hours or overnight, in steak sauce, pineapple and orange juices, molasses, ginger, and cayenne pepper (sauce). Heat vegetable oil in medium saucepan, using high heat, saute garlic, onion and green pepper until browned. Remove shrimp from sauce mixture and set aside. Strain sauce mixture and combine with contents in saucepan, simmer on low heat until reduced by 1/3. Add liquid smoke. Cook shrimp in sauce mixture for 5 minutes. When shrimp is done, remove it from sauce and set aside. Saute uncooked rice for 1 minute, using high heat, in a clean saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cup cold water and remaining sauce mixture, bring to a rolling boil. Lower heat, cover pan with tight fitting lid. Cook rice according to package directions, minus 5 minutes. Serve shrimp over rice.

Damn, thats sharp!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am about to go perform a miracle with a box of kraft mac'n'cheese, ground beef, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and bread crumbs . . . I'll let you know how it turns out. :P

Beef, it's what's for dinner.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!