Anyone have pet rats?

William Blydes

Me niece has had several. She takes such good care of them that two of them lived to be four years old (average life span is 2-3 years).

I like pet rats. They be smart and friendly. But me first mate has banned rats and snakes as pets. The snakes I can understand since he and me oldest cabin boy be afeared o'them. But I supposed with 3 cats it be not wise to have such "fast food" available in the house. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

my sister had pet rats. i had snakes (we had lots of them of few varieties) B)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

not right now, but I had one named Spanky back in 1992 through 1996. I bought him as a pinky to feed my python, but he (the python) just wouldn't eat this particular rat. I walked around with him in my hand and fed him from an eyedropper. We found out he was a Norwegian Blue Wharf Rat and he grew to about 10 inches without the tail and just ran around the house like a dog. When he passed on, our whole house was crying. I hope to have another someday.

Photo essay - how to cook a rat.

http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=l...age=a5a_rat.jpg

Brown rice side dish optional.

noticed it's from the far east (charaters on green barrel in back tot he right)

would probably be tasty, but i think few from the west would try it being what the meat is. i wouldn't be surprised if someone said it tasted like chicken! :blink:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Yes, I happen to have, raise and bring to faire some of my ratty boys. Capt. MacLeod and Jamaica Rose of NQG fame have entertained young and old with a few boys I'd given them.

I plan on bringing 'The Three Muskatoons' to Tall Ships. They being Granville, Shadow and Lightening. When hungry, they do so help with 'disposal' of left-over bits from surgery. ;)

Cheers

"Don't worry, it's not My Blood!"

My rat traps in the rafters work nicley and sos Eyes can sleep at night.

Them tings can get noisy in the walls and ceiling!

I dug up a tree stump three days ago and found 3 mice. I did'nt have the heart to harm them so they gots temperary housing till the gardening was done. My cat fished out one them. I was amazed at the shreik of a squeek it made! cat jest played wit it till I could intervien and now all three are roaming free in a canyon just yonder from here. I imagine the son and daughters and cousin will be in someone else walls eventually. :D

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

yup, cats just like to play with them 'moving toys' until they are dead, then they eat them...sometimes....

You forgot the part where they throw up the remains on the front porch (or living room). :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I use-to have a pet rat, but when she died, I didn't get another, because the house that I now live in came equippet with a cat.... well the cat stays outside, so I could get a rat again.....

But rats are great pets.... and they are easy to take care of, If I had to go someplace for the weekend, all I had to do was make sure she had plenty of food and water.... and she would still be alive when I got home......