Plans for Talk Like a Pirate Day

Cap'n Slappy

I plan to run up the Wetlander's Ensign and Tracy is making hard tack. Then we'll have a load of friends over to watch a classic pirate movie. Most likely the black and white version of Captain Kidd with Charles Laughton. We'll sing songs and laugh until we cry. The usual stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037576/

089218314499.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I'll send the kids to school in their Bildgemunkey t-shirts and I'll wear my pirate medallion and add a few more "Yarrs" to my usual vocabulary at work.

But in the evening I'll make the Guinness Beef Stew and we'll eat in the "pub" downstairs and maybe play Morgan's Revenge or POTC Monopoly. We like to make it a family holiday.

:huh:

TLAPD is not yet a widely recognised event here in Sweden (AFAIK), so when I go into central Stockholm in what piratic garb I can find in me locker I'm hoping to turn a few heads. I'm definitely popping into the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Bookshop, they're bound to have something going on there.

The Pyrates of the Coast will be taking over Redlight Redlight in Winter Park for a night of debauchery and pirate talk.

Aye hates Leprechauns!!!!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Here in St. Augustine, Florida, Our Pirate Group....Swashbucklers, Pirates and Buccaneers Social Society of St. Augustine

have been invited to celebrate on September 16th with

The Secrete Loyal Order of Pirate Scum SLOPS

We will raid the old city, Spanish Quarter and Tiberna Tavern with proceeds to support historical preservation on the Old City.

Their poster invites all Pirates, Scallywags, and Seadogs.

pirateflag1.gif

Yours in Piracy

Saucy Jack

(King's Pyrate)

Our Talk Like A Pirate Day celebration was held on the 16th in the old city section of St. Augustine and we had a blast.....here are some photos of the raid and the cool down at Scarlett O'Hara's right after.

We had a great time and raised a little money for the Historical Society.

Talk Like A Pirate Day in St. Augustine

Yours in Pyracy

KP

And the big day has arrived!!

May it be the best and most fun filled TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY you've ever had!

I know that was not in Pirate speak.... B) but I'm saving it all up for later.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The Swedish national elections on Sunday ushered in a huge shift in the political landscape of that country -- but failed to bring the copyright reform movement its first political victory.

The Pirate Party not only failed to score the 4 percent required for a seat in Sweden's Parliament, but appears to have missed the 1 percent that would have afforded the party state assistance with printing ballots and funding staff in the next election.

Final numbers won't be in until Wednesday the 20th, but the Pirate Party appears to be pulling .62 percent of the vote, or about 33,000 votes, according to party leader Rick Falkvinge. "This percentage may change somewhat as more districts are counted ... but I don't expect it to change to a significantly different number."

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,718...l?tw=wn_index_4

Dances for nickels.

Well, I don't have anything special planned for TLaP day. Tonight, I desperately need to do some shopping at the mall (blech!), but maybe we'll have dinner at Arrrrby's if there's one in the food court.

Speaking of piratey fast-food, my husband J. has fond memories from his childhood of the Pirate Pack at the White Spot restaurant:

250px-Piratepakjr.JPG

[Disclaimer: that odd blond man is not my husband.]

J. thought McDonald's should have stolen the ship-shaped packaging idea for their PotC happy meals. [Which reminds me, I never did get Davey Jones' chest in my happy meal -- ahoy, eBay!]

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Speaking of the White Spot "Pirate Pack", my husband insists that the lyrics of the AC/DC tune "Back in Black" are:

Back in the back of a Cadillac

Number one with a bullet,

and a Pirate Pack.

[The line is really "I'm a power pack".]

But, in J.'s defence, Paul "Dakota" Innis, lead singer of the beloved, belated cow-punk group the Lost Dakotas, does sound like he's singing "Pirate Pack" in his cover of the song. Take a listen to this OOP indie gem (in which they make the AC/DC anthem sound like it could have been Johnny Cash's themesong). You can download the mp3 here:

Lost Dakotas -- "Back in Black"

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Avast! I've just thought of the perfect activity for TLaP day!

When we get home from plundering the scurvy mall and eating our "pirate packs" at ARRRby's ... we can watch the DVD of Yellowbeard!

yellowbeard.jpg

I'd almost forgotten I had it. I haven't even taken it out of the shrink-wrap yet.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

cuz I knew it would be pointless. Oh, well.

Wot 'bout educatin' th' public....... ?

OK... I work by and for myself... so it wasn't untill about 4:00 that I could realy play.... (well the authentic rations thing didn't work out once I found out how much beer or rum I had to drink each day...)

Anyway.... dressed up and went out.... most people didn't know why, so I could tell them.... then the "aaargh's" started flowin'..... silly, stupid fun.... but wotthehell.... ain't that the whole idea behind it ? :lol:

I had fun for the little bit of time I got to play...... and the people that I talked to had fun also.......Aaaaaaaarggh..... wot a great day..... maybe next year it will be even better.....................

http://www.dorks.com/html/Talk-like-a-Pira...-Day-Today.html

found this and its pretty funny.. but it loads slow. I noticed that the Dog from Dogpile is in pirate gear.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I took the day off work. I was hired to deliver a chest of pirate goodies to someone's new girlfriend who is a lover of all thing pirate.

This was in downtown San Francisco. I parked blocks away and walk through the financial district.

More Yarrs and ARRRGHS than you can imagine. Older gents in full business attire getting into it.

I even got a chorus of a Pirate's Life For Me from out of a passing taxi!

:lol: