Me shoes from Fugawee!!!

Rateye

For those looking for simple shoes. I just recieved my reship of shoes.

I originally ordered both a pair of the Concord and Franklin from Fugawee. Though both were a bit too big(Figured they'd run small) while in fact they run as normal sizes.

They are great to work with and devivery time was almost nonexistant.

Now I can't decide which ones I like better.

Give em a looksee!

Rats

I got a pair of Fugawee's also. I like the look, but the first thing you do is get a pair of cushioned inserts. They ain't comfy.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I agree! I just cut a pair of insoles and need to decide which I want so I can punch for the buckles.

Hey Rummy me dear, I'll burn a pic or two as soon as I can decide and add that there buckle. Maybe I'll just keep em both????

Rats

I purchased a pair of Franklins, and attached the most decadently gynormous buckles they sold. I tried putting in insoles, but that made them way too tight. I simply wear a (very short) pair of fluffy socks inside the shoes (beneath my stockings), and they fit like a dream for part of the day -- but after a few hours, they are the subjects of Steve Martin's book...

cruel_shoes.gif

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I've been trying to decide and I'm actually considering going with a half size bigger and splitting the difference.

I like the fact that the Franklin is leather lined.

However, I also like the way the Concord fits my heel better and comes in a EEE wide.

The concord would work if I wanted to go barefoot and maybe an insole.

But we'll see

Rats

I think my husband has the Ligonier model. They're Fugawees and they're straight lasted. So I guess they're Ligoniers...

He was just saying yesterday how comfortable they are now that they've broken in. Strangely enough, I've often heard people say that their straight lasted shoes, once broken in, are more comfortable than any other shoes they own.

He's got EEEE flat feet, so he's a really hard fit.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Here's a shot of Rateye in his fancy new shoes. Personally, I think the no-buckles look gives them a certain character...

9d8b3f83.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

1st I need to loose another 30 lbs!

I also needed the 10.5EEE back.

With these shoes, you have to have an insole and also seriously consider an pair of extra socks under the stockings. I had hoped to go with the no socks look. But it was PAINFUL with all the walking we did.

Day 2 was not bad! I actually soaked them prior to wearing them. (Old Army trick) and they did much better. I still want the next larger half size.

I wonder if there were any laced boots like brogans or simple lowquarter laced shoes. back then??

Like what was said on "Gentlemen of Fortune" the shoes are the big catch/ difference for the outfit.

I did get folks on Sunday asking about them and asking where they could get a pair.

Must have done something right!

Rats

I'm no shoe expert, Rateye, but I can't remember seeing anything laced or brogan-esque in this period.

You needs to gets you some buckles, boy! They hold the whole shoe together.

As someone with painfully bad feet (even in sneakers), here's my advice: put insoles in your shoes and then fit the buckle on. I find that if I put my buckles on before I put my insoles in, I get worse pain across the top of my foot.

Sorry Doc, but ye need shoes and stockings for yer dress up kit, for dress down... rope sandals may do ye....find the thread. Tis either here or in Twill

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Here's a shot of Rateye in his fancy new shoes. Personally, I think the no-buckles look gives them a certain character...

9d8b3f83.jpg

ACK!!! Alien life forms have invaded my crewe!!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I did get folks on Sunday asking about them and asking where they could get a pair.

In my previous trips this summer to the Faire, I also had people stop and ask me where to get buckly shoes.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, what's the verdict? Which ones did you go with. I'm looking at the Concord but would love to hear from others who've worn them before taking the leap.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

I did infact go with the concord.

I would have liked a straight last. But the concord comes in EEE sizes and thats exactly what I needed.

Infact I should have stayed with the original pair I recieved. 10.5EEE. Maybe even an 11EEE.

The 10EEE was just too tight and killed my feet.

I went with the concord because they were light and could be broken in easy.

I wear a small pair of short sport socks under my stockings and have a insole for comfort. Go a size larger so you can have some cushion and avoid the ouch!

Great service!!

Rats!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Shoes that are too tight will hurt. Shoes that are too loose will slip and slide and rub... and hurt. But shoes that are loose can accommodate a nice pair of insoles and/or wooly socks, which is always better.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Could you post a link to the website?

edit: nevermind

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

Sure her ya go Fugawee

I am sort of confused here. After all the discussions on correctness ..., why is a colonial shoe thru the civil war considered to be good to wear with a GAoP kit?

I dont mean to offend anyone., but now where on Fugawee do they Mention the GAoP other than Straight lasted was asole design. its not my words.., these are the words of Fugawee. Civil War-Colonial

"1758 or Ligonier Model. "

"The left/right Franklin is made of black calfskin. It has a normal heel and is leather lined. The toe is slightly squared but not square enough to limit the style to pre-1735. "

"The toe of the Concord is a little more round than the Franklin's, bringing the style closer to the shoes found at Ft. Ligonier. We took the pattern for the Franklin uppers and formed them over a last taken from an 1860's military shoe. "

I was just wondering if someone could help me with the connection between the GAoP and the Rev War ? I have been duly notified on more than one occasion that most all of my things are wrong and I would not want to buy some shoes that we adding to my problem.

Are Concords right for say 1680 thru 1720 ?

I realise a "Straight Lasted Shoe was the norm for a couple hundred years., but the uppers went thru some changes., no?

I considered a pair of the Concords to be honest with you all however., and I do think they would look great., I just think there is a double standard here or I am not reading this right and am happy to learn., its just it would seem Concord is about as post GAoP as a My boots are Pre-GAoP ?

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Simple answer, HarborMaster -- because they cut the right jib for the GAoP and no one is making period-appropriate shoes available off the rack.

There's really not a double standard here at all. Fugawee caters to the Rev War and Civil War crowds primarily. But the shoes I have from them can be found as early as the 1570s and continue right through the 1770s. Change the buckles or ties or shoe rosettes and I can wear them for two centuries!

Sometimes things are like that. Sometimes not. You can't just wear your Rev War shoes for GAoP, but if you know what GAoP shoes should look like, you can pick shoes that look the same.

Which Buckle would then be the appropiate one to choose? and which shoe do you think is the right one Kass.,the Legioneer.,the franklin or the concord? Being all about the same price it wouldnt matter.,howverthe Concord really lloks good. It would seem the legioeen might be better?

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"