Pirate Romance Novels

Hester

You explained it much better than I was tring to do.....

I guess a Fantacy wouldn't be as much fun if the characters wern't sexy.....

Like I typed eailier.... I don't like Beau, she comes across as "Super Woman..(add a ta-da sound effect here....)." Her Father and Dante are cool tho....... But I think that is because I'm reading it from a male's perspective....

The characters and setting are interesting enough that they keep my attention .... I can also see where there is the possibility for a realy good revenge sceen later in the story.......

I've only read one where it was a combination of Phantom and pirates. The guy was a pirate, but hid his identiy behind a mask. It was called Phantom Lover by Millie Criswell. Yup, kind of corny, but I actually kept the book. Some of it was interesting.

Here's a funny site where they make fun of romance novels-lol! :(

http://worldoflongmire.com/features/romance_novels/

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Well, summer's here, and I'm reading Pirate Porrrn... ahem, I mean "historical romance novels" again.

I just finished

62624310fca03aaa5d309010.L._AA240_.jpg

It looked promising, since it was written by someone who actually worked on the Whydah salvage project and the main character of the book is the real-life Sam Bellamy. But, unfortunately, the book really disappoints -- especially given the highly clich'eed "I hate you, but I love you" dynamic between the 2 main protagonists. The love scenes are only medium hot, and very bland vanilla.

Sam's eyes are "obsidian black" and his hair falls to his shoulders in "sable waves".

The author speculates that Sam survived the wreck of the Whydah, and most of the action takes place after that event.

Worst scene in the novel: After an argument with her pirate lover Sam Bellamy, the heroine dries her tears on the soft floppy ears of her dog. WTF?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Worst scene in the novel: After an argument with her pirate lover Sam Bellamy, the heroine dries her tears on the soft floppy ears of her dog. WTF?

Ewwww!!!! :blink:

That is what sleeves are for!!! :o

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I started on the Accension Trillogy by Gaelen Foley but gave up half way through the first book.

The main pirate hero was well, buggered if I can remember what color his eyes were, I believe it did state it several times

the love scenes were right steamy but few and far between.

and it was set in the mediterranean, with much hoo-ha about italian bloodlines and lineage and that's what finally killed it for me

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum