What is the most interesting thing you found?

JohnnyTarr

With all of you out there I suspect that you have found some interesting things on the web and elsewhere. I am interested in finding out what you thought was the most interesting thing that you found.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Hmmm... since I've been surfing the net for pirates for over a decade I've seen alot of stuff. Probably... TAMU underwater archaeology website. Why? Two words... Port Royal!

Oh, cool ....

I Googled it, and here's the link:

http://nautarch.tamu.edu/portroyal/

I'll have to explore that site more fully when I return from vacation (geez, gotta get off the Pub and pack!).

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Since this is Plunder, I wonder if you mean "Item I found on the WEB and bought"....

In which case it would be my original Grenadoe

GoF-grenadoe-10.jpg

But if you mean "interesting places on the web" than I Can't say just one...

So (in no particular order)

Spanish Colonial Military Artifacts

The Salacious Historians Lair

The Costumer's Manifesto

Greg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Ah, that's easy. I picked up a piece of clay pipe that was lying near Fort Charles in Port Royal. Just sitting there after 330 years. I like to think that some buccaneer was smoking it at the time of the great earthquake.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I found a great book yest yesterday. It is a pyratical journal - much like a scrap book. The combination of notes, clippings, illustrations and even a bit of mystery all contribute to a simply wonderful coffee-table book. Check it out! (There is even a contest there that involves a little decoding of a treasure map!)

:)

Pirateology

This is great. A clay pipe piece 330 years old and Grenadoe are great finds. I love the Pirateolgy book I got one for my birthday. I even spent the time to translate the map. Please keep them comming I am finding this thread very interesting.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

My wife has vetoed my intended purchase of the Skull Toilet Brush. The appropriate thing to say to this is "crap" but I have nothing to clean it up with.

I, too, presumed you implied "What was the most interesting thing that you found and purchased?"

While I probably have a whole host of answers to this question, just two days ago I acquired a "Sailmaker's Palm" (essentially a thimble, but for pushing huge needles through impenetrable canvas). Here is a picture of one just like mine:

467331070.jpg

Sure, this is certainly more nautical than purely piratical, and I have far more prized piratical possessions, but this certainly fulfills my own definition of "interesting."

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg