Survivor pearl islands

erisblackrose

I'm new to the board but, :ph34r:

I was wondering if anyone has been watching the season of Survivor (I may need a life but it is entertaining to say the least) their theme this year is "pirates" the 2 teams are drake and morgan. so far the drake team are better than the morgan team. BUT am I the only one that needs to get a life and stop watching fluff tv?

ERIS Blackrose

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!

Aye I be watching. I started a poll to make Rupert an honorary member of the Pub

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Hurmphrech! (Retching sound)

Reality shows. Well, that thought pretty much went down the tubes when we found out that Survivor sometimes reshoots the scenes to get a better angle.

Really, the whole reality craze has me near puking. Did I say I hate them all? Well, I do.

The only reason I'd tune in is if they wore 18th century dress and weren't so whiny.

If some of those brats were on a pirate ship with me, I'd show 'em what backstabbing was truly all about.

:ph34r:

Har, har!

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Best reality show, almost Pyrate style, was "the Ship" on the Discovery channel....

I was upset when they said it would all be done proper 18th century style, but... they all wore modern clothes... Bah!

Other'n that... it was the best....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I agree, Mr. Lasseter.

I, too, was impressed--for a while--with, was "The Ship." If they'd just had the wardrobe, it would have been nice. However, I did see another show that I liked called "Manor House" on the Public Broadcasting System. It was more 19th century, but they had full dress and they lived in a real manor estate. Everything was period, right down to the toys that the little boy played with. The only thing that anyone had a problem with was the meals.

The one who played the "lord of the manor" didn't want the rich, fatty foods of the times. Rather, he ordered lower-fat, lower-calorie meals. The "chef" wasn't happy.

"Manor House" was fun to watch, and a bit more tolerable than the whiny-hiney American twentysomethings. Plus, it didn't promise money to the winner or last that long. And, not everybody looked like they just stepped off the cover of a fashion magazine, like some of the Survivor folks and ALL of the Fear Factor people!

So, until the networks come up with some REALISTIC period stuff, I won't watch. However, I applaud the tolerance of those who do watch Survivor on a regular basis.

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Aye Lass,

The Manor house thing is one in a long line of things PBS is doin'.

They did one fer post wwII England, makin th' family do bomb shelter drills n' all.

'Frontier House" several families doin th' 1866 western frontier livin'.

I think they did a victorian one, that may be the "Manor House"

And as we speak they should be finishin' up "Colonial House" .

Aye, 17th century america... I can't wait fer it...!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I watched the Manor and Frontier House, both of which were very authenic. Enjoyed them greatly.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Irk.. I hate those damn reality shows too.

Unfortunately last night I was buried under biology books b'fore a test, so I didn't bother getting up to change the channel from watching the news.

Bah.. these kids dont know a lick about living on a beach. I grew up with skin divin', boating, and camping me whole life... and *what* is so wrong about drinking squid and clams? That sounds like a right good shake to me. This whole idea just sounds like a good vacation... I would 'a hiked out to the other side of the island and set up me own camp. Ya cant vote me off if you cant find me. <_<

The only saving grace was the looks Rupert always had on his face.. no doubt thinking the same things we are, aye? "Real life" drama can kiss me arse.. however I wouldn't let 'em get closer n' a rapier length. :rolleyes:

Good plunders, me loverlies!

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif

Aye Lass,

The Manor house thing is one in a long line of things PBS is doin'.

They did one fer post wwII England, makin th' family do bomb shelter drills n' all.

'Frontier House" several families doin th' 1866 western frontier livin'.

I think they did a victorian one, that may be the "Manor House"

Manor House was Edwardian. The next one (if it isn't already finished) will be Regency House Party.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

I did watch Manor House and just loved it. The cook was very tempermental about things and it was hard for them to keep a skullery maid because of all the hard work she did (all the pots and pans!!). I also watch 1890's house and caught some of the Frontier House.

Yes, I have been following Survivor Pearl Islands but this is the first I have watched the Survivor series since the beginning. Most of what I watch is BBC's Changing Rooms (which Trading Spaces is based on) and some of the DIY programs. Otherwise, we watch what our 4 year old watches and I sometimes catch CSI.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

• 1 month later...

The fact is, they should quit calling it "reality" tv.

It's not reality. In reality, u r at the mercy of fate. You make your choices either enjoy graces or face consequences.

There is no host and production crew who (and I don't care what they try to depict) will save you if something goes terribly wrong.

They show these sometimes "near death" experiences.

You know that if anybody on any of these shows was "really in danger" that they'd bust their asses to save them big time (they don't wanna get sued folks), and you wouldn't see it on camera.

I will admit, the Pirate Theme of Pearl Islands has intrigued me, and I did catch a few episodes. I did watch one of those PBS shows (Frontier House). But reality is not a good title for any of it. Its just another way for tv to get ratings and make $ Plus you see them always adding "the twist". That kills the "reality" too.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

i admit...i love survivor! always have, and the only thing i have to say about it is.....

kill john from danville, va!

*chanting with cutlass in air*

RUPERT!...RUPERT!...RUPERT!

:unsure::lol::P:P

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Reality shows. Well, that thought pretty much went down the tubes when we found out that Survivor sometimes reshoots the scenes to get a better angle.

That's why I don't mind "Survivor" the way I used to -- I KNOW it's rigged. It's _not_ a reality show (whatever that means anyway), it's a bunch of actors pretending that this is a "real" thing, just like any other TV show. Oh, the audience and everybody else involved pretends it's "real," but since I know it's rigged . . . I dunno, that somehow makes it less annoying to me.

And since I've become a closet "Survivor" watcher -- I tuned in last week just for the heck of it because I knew it was a pirate theme . . . and I'll be tuning in again tonight. Sad, eh? ;)

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

There's been more twists than a pretzel on this show, and I think it's great. It's kept everybody guessing as to what will happen next.

As for Rupert, the guy is great, but what is even better, is I don't think he really cares that much about winning the money. He is having the time of his life, doing the greatest fantasy he could ever dream up! That's what sets him apart from the rest of the people who have ever done the show in the past and currently in the present. He's the best gleeful and happy pirate I've seen in a long time - well except for me that is! LOL!

GO RUPERT!!!!!

RumbaRue

**She's a pirate wench if there's RR on her quarters** ;)

Aye Lass,

Sorry for the late reply on this.

It was a crock. Even PBS, when they were setting up for this went out of their way to rig the game. I know some 17th/18th century re-enactors who applied to be on the show. They were rejected because they were too competant. They didn't want to see how life was lived, they wanted people who could not handle it and would whine and breakdown over the things required.

I guess history is not as interesting as some yuppy crying because she didn't have the right shampoo.

Garbage, all of it.

Hawkyns

;)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

DIE! DIE! DIE! FOUL AND SCURILOUS SCUM!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

THEY MARROONED OUR BIG HAIRY PIRATE RUPIE!!!

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

me heart aches...

:P

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

Ooh . . . see, I didn't get to watch this one yet, I taped it last night but didn't actually see it. I'll *definitely* have to watch tonight!

BTW, did anyone notice that their background music is *almost* "Pirates of the Caribbean" themes? It's really quite close.

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

Oh poor Rupert, he got the 'goodbye' last night. I suspected he was on his way out, cuz he was just too strong for the rest of them. Who do I think will end up with the final prize? Me thinks Lillian deserves it the most. Though that doesn' mean she'll get it.

Who do you think will win?

Rumba Rue

**She's a pirate wench if there's an RR on her quarters** :ph34r: