Favorite BAD Movies

Blind Rhoid Pyle

Arrrr, me favorite "bad" movie be Spaced Invaders about Martians landing in Iowa on Halloween and no one believes they're from outer space. Every Martian sounds like a famous person (Jack Nicholson, Cary Grant) and the whole story is just insane but funny.

Since it's Halloween time I recommend it.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrr, me favorite "bad" movie be Spaced Invaders about Martians landing in Iowa on Halloween and no one believes they're from outer space. Every Martian sounds like a famous person (Jack Nicholson, Cary Grant) and the whole story is just insane but funny.

Since it's Halloween time I recommend it.

Spaced Invaders was a great movie you "mellon head" (from the movie).

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Now here's a movie that will be drawin' a few groans from the lot o' ye!

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) UK

Also released in the USA as;

The Fearless Vampire Killers or: Pardon Me, But Your Teeth Are in My Neck, (1967)

Quote: "The old bat researcher, professor Abronsius and his assistant, Alfred; (play bumblingly and hysterically by the movies own director, Roman Polanski), go to a remote Transylvanian village looking for vampires. Alfred falls in love with the inn-keeper's young daughter Sarah. However, she has been spotted by the mysterious count Krolock who lives in a dark and creepy castle outside the village..."

It's one o' there rare finds that ye need ta have the fun o' watching Just Once! :ph34r:

Don't forget these Ed Wood Clasics:

Plan 9 From Outer Space Universally accepted as the worst movie ever made. Cardboard tombstones, insane dialogue, a dead guest star (Bela Lugosi died before filming began, and Ed Wood's chiropractor played the Vampire as Lugosi), and a plot that a 5-year-old would laugh at. More funny because Ed Wood thought it was good!

Glen or Glenda? Ed Wood was a transvestite, so who better to tell the story of a transvestite? Practically anyone!

Bride of the Monster Bela Lugosi happened to stay alive for this one, much to his chagrin. Some great dialogue from Bela and Company, along with the usual Ed Wood "Cheepnis".

And, not a bad film at all, and in many ways a great film...

Ed Wood Director Tim Burton brings to the screen the life and weirdness of Ed Wood, as portrayed by our own Captain Jack Sparrow, Johnny Depp. Martin Landau won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Bela Lugosi. The film centers on Wood's relationship with the aged Lugosi, and is a very touching story, while juxtaposed with bad filmmaking and transvestisism.

:ph34r:

I glad I ain't be alone in likin' Spaced Invaders, Pirita. :lol: Manys a mate that groaned and rolled their eyes at me expression.

And aye, Blind Rhoid Pyle, Ed Wood be a good, bad movie. Johnny Depp be a wonderous actor his whole career and it be a pity that now he only be gettin' the recognition he deserves.

Tim Burton be a genious. Many were angered at the end of Planet of the Apes, but known' the director it be a fittin' finish. Me favorite Burton movie be The Nightmare Before Christmas - another good flick fer Halloween!

hook_banner2.jpg

The Fearless Vampire Killers reminded me of a movie, The Vampire Happening. Let me speare you this, late 60s, young girl, old plot, and no one you've ever heard of or ever will.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Raising Arizona: Yes, he's done bigger flicks since then, but I still think Nicholas Cage's career peaked when he was running through the city with a box of pampers under his arm and pantyhose on his head while hillbilly music played in the background.

Raising Arizona is one of my all time favorite movies. Cage was great, and Hunter was every bit as good. But she's good in everything.

I still laugh thinking about the aforementioned scene.

Anyone remember Zorro, the Gay Blade? Early 80's, I think, and starred George "Eternal Tan" Hamilton in dual starring roles.

So bad. So politically incorrect. So funny!

Mad Kestrel

Privateer #9, IFoRP

Captain of the Thanos (Fairhaven, CRF)

But why is the rum gone? - Capt Jack Sparrow

Burial of the Rats???

I thought we were talking fun-bad movies, not BAD-bad movies :lol: That one still gives me shivers. Like bad-bad? Try Orgy of the Dead.

Speaking of bad movies, that brings to mind another movie that is widely regarded as a flop, but I think is an absolute work of genius. Anyone else a fan of "Joe vs. the Volcano"?

I AM BILGEMUNKY

"Two Bits, Four Bits, Six Bits, A Peso!

All those for Zorro, stand up and say so!"

"Luis Obispo from Bakersfield!"

I loved that movie, especially since I grew up in the San Luis Obispo area and had friends over in the valley (Bakersfield, Fresno).

hook_banner2.jpg

"Two Bits, Four Bits, Six Bits, A Peso!

All those for Zorro, stand up and say so!"

"Luis Obispo from Bakersfield!"

I loved that movie, especially since I grew up in the San Luis Obispo area and had friends over in the valley (Bakersfield, Fresno).

Bishop Luis from Bakersfield? Now that's not a name you would think was common.

That line be outta context, Pirita.

The Dons be introducin' themselves as Don Francisco from San Bernadino, Don Jose from San Diego, etc. makin' fun of the different citys. Then the small, scrawny mate pipes up with "Luis Obispo from....Bakersfield". It be one o' the best lines in the movie, sez I. :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

:huh: I am told that I like a lot of 'bad' movies. One of my favorites is 'Dream A Little Dream' (anyone seen it?) with Corey Haim and Corey Feldman . . . I can't help it, I luv them! Tank Girl, as previously mentioned . . . and . . . let me think . . . oh! Ha, :huh: 'Earth Girls Are Easy' is great . . . even I have to admit that its a little . . . questionable . . . but I love Jim Carrey, Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis, and the songs are just too funny.

:huh::huh:

Bad bad films - Starship Troopers, was that meant to be funny?

Anyone seen the ewok spin off film in the eighties? Caravan of Courage ? Don't.

So bad it's good - Lust for A Vampire and Female Vampire

Just Cause You're The Bad Guy, Don't Mean You're Gonna Lose Them All.

Stand down, Cap'n. I ain't gonna convince ye, an' ye ain't gonna convince me. We'll agree ta disagree like civilized pirates, an' see who can get a knife in th' other's back first. :ph34r:

(Yer right about TESB, tho)

Rumors of my death were right on the money.