Favorite BAD Movies

Blind Rhoid Pyle

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing he directed was Dracula: Dead and Loving It with Leslie Nielson.

Actually, Dracula, Dead and Loving It is an interesting film, in that it more closely resembles Bram Stoker's original novel than any other Dracula movie (at least as far as the characters' relationship to each other).

Thankfully, 'ol Mel had redeemed himself on Broadway with his Tony Award winning production of "The Producers."

Amazingly, two of his best films came out in the same year:

• Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995)

• Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)

• Life Stinks (1991)

• Spaceballs (1987)

• To Be or Not To Be (1983)

• History of the World: Part 1 (1981)

• High Anxiety (1977)

• Silent Movie (1976)

• Blazing Saddles (1974)

• Young Frankenstein (1974)

• The Twelve Chairs (1970)

• The Producers (1968)

And here I thought I was the only person in the world who knew about The Twelve Chairs. Frank Langella, pre-Dracula, hubba-hubba! :ph34r:

To Be, Or Not To Be was actually a fun little movie. It lacked Mel's usual whackiness but I liked him and Anne Bancroft working together. And despite being totally hokey, I liked Silent Movie - Marty Feldman was a genious with his facial expressions.

I think History of the World, Part 2 was part of the joke; there was no sequal planned but if you look at the date it was made/released there was a rash of sequal movies at that time.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

To Be, Or Not To Be was actually a fun little movie. It lacked Mel's usual whackiness but I liked him and Anne Bancroft working together.

It's actually a remake of a Jack Benny film. Mel Brooks added a ton of gags to the original script.

My favorite dialogue is:

Bronski: War? What do I care about war? My interest is in the theatre!

Salinski: But Mr. Bronski, the Nazis are rounding up all the Jews, gypsies and homosexuals!

Bronski: My God! Without Jews, gypsies and homosexuals... there IS no theatre!

And despite being totally hokey, I liked Silent Movie - Marty Feldman was a genious with his facial expressions.

And having Marcel Marceau give the only word spoken aloud in the film was sheer brilliance.

"No!"

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

And despite being totally hokey, I liked Silent Movie - Marty Feldman was a genious with his facial expressions.

And having Marcel Marceau give the only word spoken aloud in the film was sheer brilliance.

"No!"

I'd Forgotten about that!

"Twelve Chairs", Yes, great...... "Young Frankenstein"......most quoted for a long time! made me quite a Gene Wilder fan......Mell likes to play, all his films have their Special moments....Monty Python for profound silliness......concept pushing types

The original concept for this thread was "Films that are so bad, they're good" but while we're on the subject of Mel Brooks, let me mention a film that is so bad it stinks on ice! This is a Mel Brooks homage, and ol' Mel even appears in it. For years I attributed this waste of celluloid to Brooks, but thankfully it's not one of his.

The Silence of the Hams This film was made in Italy, and fortunately did not spawn a string of spaghetti-comedies.

This piece of crud stars Billy Zane, as Joe Dee Fostar. Get it? See, they're making fun of Jodie Foster. Oh, hilarity! (In the end he appears in a dress for no logical reason.)

There's a plethora of bad movie actors to fill the screen: Dom DeLuise, Henry Silva, the dork from Grease and many other films, Martin Balsam, Mel Brooks, and John Astin (you know, Gomez Addams).

I've woken up with better film on my teeth!

Nuke 'Em High? Yikes! Now, that is digging deep into the old vaults! I remember that one from years back! Yuck!

Monty Python's The Holy Grail...or anything Monty Python! B) Of course, that's not a bad movie!!

How about ORGAZMO or THE TOXIC AVENGER? Now, those were weird! Also, ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK. That's a guilty pleasure of mine. I used to love those monster movies that came on. Elvira was the hostess with the mostest, and she got mysterious phone calls from a guy named Breather who called her "Elvirus." Funny.

B)

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

For some reason I was thinking about the Toxic Avenger when I talked about Nuke 'Em High. Having seen both I can say they are definately B movies. While we're on it, Humanoids from the Deep and Re-animator come to mind now. Maybe check Kaaza and see if I can find either.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

So if ye liked it so much why ye be thinking it's stupid. Spaced Invaders is an all time favorite of mine. I also be likin Mars Attacks.

Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

The original concept for this thread was "Films that are so bad, they're good" but while we're on the subject of Mel Brooks, let me mention a film that is so bad it stinks on ice! This is a Mel Brooks homage, and ol' Mel even appears in it. For years I attributed this waste of celluloid to Brooks, but thankfully it's not one of his.

The Silence of the Hams This film was made in Italy, and fortunately did not spawn a string of spaghetti-comedies.

This piece of crud stars Billy Zane, as Joe Dee Fostar. Get it? See, they're making fun of Jodie Foster. Oh, hilarity! (In the end he appears in a dress for no logical reason.)

There's a plethora of bad movie actors to fill the screen: Dom DeLuise, Henry Silva, the dork from Grease and many other films, Martin Balsam, Mel Brooks, and John Astin (you know, Gomez Addams).

I've woken up with better film on  my teeth!

OMG....Ok, I'm gonna have to buy a better TV, a DVD player and subscribe to.....what-z-it...the DVD club.......realizing what I'm missing......

I've woken up with better film on my teeth! B)

Oh, yes...Mars Attacks!...but too good to be so-bad it's-good.....

What was the old movie with the giant ants..."Them"....Jim Arness? It was pretty damn silly...not bad enough to be so-bad-it's-good..

What about....."Platu barada nichto"......what is the name of that movie...Michael Renne.........

Plan 9 From Outerspace........now, that' gotta qualify.........

I've woken up with better film on  my teeth!

:o:o:o

THAT WAS JUST TOO CUTE!!!

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

"Platu barada nichto"......what is the name of that movie...Michael Renne...

Michael Rennie took ill, the day the Earth stood still, and he showed us where to stand... Science Fiction Double Feature from The Rocky Horror (Picture) Show

The actual phrase is Klaatu Barada Nichto.

Does anyone remember the band Klaatu, and can name their "Hit"?

:lol:

"Platu barada nichto"......what is the name of that movie...Michael Renne...

Michael Rennie took ill, the day the Earth stood still, and he showed us where to stand... Science Fiction Double Feature from The Rocky Horror (Picture) Show

The actual phrase is Klaatu Barada Nichto.

:lol:

Aye, well allow'n fer me accent

Still vot'n fer "Plan 9 from Outer Space"......gotta be the worst laugh-yer-self-silly I ever seen...................but then I don't get out much

KBN.........meant "open the pod bay door Hal".....?

Anyone remember Zorro, the Gay Blade? Early 80's, I think, and starred George "Eternal Tan" Hamilton in dual starring roles.

So bad. So politically incorrect. So funny!

Aye, I do. A big Zorro fan too. Imagine my surprise at a young age (13) to see Zorro not the wench ravaging high boot wearing, sword master of my dreams? I was crushed. Good thing Antonio Banderas was able to bring them back.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

B)

icky band!

Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

I had a friend in high school who played that damned song every night waiting for the aliens to come and get him.

he had all five of their old albums and no one was allowed to touch them.

but then again he watched dr who and used more drugs than is good for a sane person much less a mental wacko like him.

:)

...but we all have our obsessions...

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

B)

icky band!

Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

I had a friend in high school who played that damned song every night waiting for the aliens to come and get him.

he had all five of their old albums and no one was allowed to touch them.

but then again he watched dr who and used more drugs than is good for a sane person much less a mental wacko like him.

:)

...but we all have our obsessions...

Curiosity...what is said wacko doing today? phsychiatrist? politico? website magnate....box boy at the local all-night-mini-mart......taken by aliens? I've always wonderd if some of those albums held subliminal programming the rest of us couldn't hear.......

Also, ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK. That's a guilty pleasure of mine. I used to love those monster movies that came on. Elvira was the hostess with the mostest, and she got mysterious phone calls from a guy named Breather who called her "Elvirus." Funny.

Y'know the bearded painter in that movie that helps Elvira with her house (short time on screen)? That's my (female) friend, Kim. I love telling people that that character is being played by a woman! B)

And if you're a Beauty and the Beast television series fan, Kim was one of the tunnel rats for all three seasons. She tells some great stories about Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.