1/3 Scale Pirate Galleon Found!

With the recent thread about building your own pirate ship, I've been doing some serious research on doing a working, scaled-down version of a Galleon.

Well, I found one that has been done. The Time Bandit, named as susch because it was featured in the movie Time Bandits, was built by a father and son in California. It's a working 1/3 scale (43 foot) replica of a Spanish Galleon, now in service as a tour boat on Big Bear Lake in California.

http://www.800bigbear.com/timebandit.html

This the only web address I found on it. It's supposed to have a website but the link I found was no good.

Anyone know any details about this boat or her builders? I'd sure like to see the layout and some study plans.

If anyone has any info on other scale-down versions of classic "pirate" vessels, please direct me to it.

-Cap'n Crunk :ph34r:

With the recent thread about building your own pirate ship, I've been doing some serious research on doing a working, scaled-down version of a Galleon.

Well, I found one that has been done. The Time Bandit, named as susch because it was featured in the movie Time Bandits, was built by a father and son in California. It's a working 1/3 scale (43 foot) replica of a Spanish Galleon, now in service as a tour boat on Big Bear Lake in California.

http://www.800bigbear.com/timebandit.html

This the only web address I found on it. It's supposed to have a website but the link I found was no good.

Anyone know any details about this boat or her builders? I'd sure like to see the layout and some study plans.

If anyone has any info on other scale-down versions of classic "pirate" vessels, please direct me to it.

-Cap'n Crunk :lol:

tb01.jpg

tb02.jpg

tb03.jpg

tb04.jpg

Try these sites

Bigbear pirate site

photo site

Regards

King's Pyrate