Washington DC

Themarko

I'll be in Washington DC around the first of August and I was wondering if there is anything sort of pirate related that I could go see. I'll be spending most of my time seeing the usual monuments and things like that, but perhaps there's a pirate themed eatery or place to raise a pint that I could choose instead of some more boring place.

Any suggestions?

Wow! That place is 15 minutes from where I'm staying and here's an item from their menu that says it all:

Beef and Guinness Pie - Beef, onions and chopped potatoes slowly stewed in Guinness Stout and demi glaze and topped with puff pastry, served with vegetable of the day

I love the internet!

Thanks a lot.

:ph34r:

I'd certainly be glad to meet another pirate/cartographer, especially one who offers to buy me a pint! I am already planning on going to the shanty singing on the 1st.

Blackjohn, I wouldn't mind a bit meeting for lunch, but that's a little harder to work out. The whole point of the trip is to deliver my daughter, lock, stock and barrel to law school there (I think there's a pirate/Washington lawyer joke in there somewhere). So I'll either be helping her get settled or around the capital seeing the sites us west coast folks usually only see in pictures. So I could meet but I'm not sure how or where it could happen.

Word from Honest Jock Matlow is...

"The RMP Chantey sing is on the 1st Tuesday of each month The singing starts at ~8pm, but if you want a seat, you should get there earlier. Vittles are the best of any of the venues. "

Others chimed in saying one should get there by 7 to find a seat.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Hey,thanks for all the info. I'll be at the Royal Mile Pub @ 7 pm on the 1st. If you stop by look for the guy in the white straw golfing type hat drinking something stout!

Hope to see some of you there.

Well my daughter and I had a pyratical good time at the Royal Mile Shanty singing last night. Met Jim Hawkins there too. Great food, Guiness by the pint and group sing-a-longs are hard to beat.

I give it a 5 cutlass rating (4 is the max, but pyrates don't play by the rules eh). Heck, it will probably be the first thing I tell me mates about. Well, perhaps second behind the extraordinary number of good looking lasses you have in these parts.

Good meeting you Jim, have fun in SD.

:lol:

• 1 month later...