*********SPOILER ALERT**********

Rumba Rue

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Holy God, send me to Davy Jones! Look at all these posts! Gone for just a day and everyone is bloody well excited beyond imagination.

Yes, Barbossa's return was a fantastic one. No cheers here... just LOTS of stunned people asking the question "Didn't he die in the last film?"

Norrington... ahhh... I won't say a thing.

Poor Davy Jones... I say it a lot and I will always say it. Be it his fleshy heart or the locket... either can kill him. In my opinion. But with his fleshy heart being in the hands of Beckett... My God... I pray that our heros can find a way to free the Devil of the Depths. Nothing's worse than the pain of lost love and being enslaved by a power-mad and greedy mortal!

As to Davy Jones' lost love... I do hope we find out. Though I believe it was in the Junior Novel that his lost love was someone else and not Tia Dalma. Be this true? I was incredibly curious how the devil Tia got the other locket. Obviously the Lady loved Jones in return otherwise there would have not been the pair of lockets and the many letters, roses, etc.

T'was a nice touch about the dress as Davy Jones gazed at it then it sank. I wonder if we shall ever see that dress again.

LOL.. notice how Elizabeth has a tendency to lose her fine dressed to the sea? First the gold ceremony gown now her gold wedding dress.

Not really the Black Spot or Davy Jones at bay, Siren.. but the Kracken. Tis hard to explain I think, but the bit of land helps to ward off something that is of the sea. So I gathered.

From the 4 times I've seen it... each time the audience just loves it... filled with laughter and even the gasps.

And those 4 times I never got tired of it. But always kept me wanting to return to see it.. especially the moment we first see the Flying Dutchman as it bursts out of the dark stormy waters... Barbossa's return... the Black Pearl going down with Jack at the mercy of the Kracken... Even when Davy Jones demands to see the chest... or better yet that little pop he made with his mouth after saying "Prize?" upon his face to face meeting with Sparrow. That was too grand! :)

Nice touch with the organ... even the angels that be before his face... with the ship sailing into the sun.

Odd... though. I guess mostly in the film didn't have much "Phantom of the Opera" moment as I did more of myself. I honestly have to say I miss playing the organ. Have ALWAYS loved the sound of an organ. And always love music boxes. Have always had one. Oddly, t'was an odd feeling of enjoyment of both musical items that Davy Jones had.

Barbossa's reply at the end of the film was:

"So.. tell me.. what's become of my ship?" then eats the apple.. despite the dribble.. but it was an added touch despite the bad civility. But who says that Barbossa is civil. The man is back, alive and enjoying his bloody apple to guide and lead Will, Elizabeth and the others to Jack and World's End.

Again, I pray at least that Davy Jones is freed. Jack has little to worry about we all know he's going to be rescued... but who will rescue Davy Jones from Beckett?

Eager to see the 3rd one. I'm more than presuming now that it WILL be titled World's End? After what Tia Dalma state at the end just as she was "introducing" Barbossa?

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is titled World's End. With the release scheduled for... May, I think it is? Shouldn't we be seeing a trailer here within a few months? There's a few reasons I can't wait for the third one, First , just like everyone else I want to see how it all ends, and secondly because rumor is a few of me Haunt buddies are in it. I already recognized two of them in that Turkish prison scene.

As a friend said last night, it was a good middle movie - a hell of a lot better than other middle movies we've scene from trilogies, and more entertaining, but still a middle movie in the end.

I can't wait to go back and see this again. I have a feeling my dad and I might go check it out tonight, if not I'm going to wait a few weeks and take my mom to see it, since she saw the first one with me.

*****Possible Spoiler Alert*****

Just got back from seeing the movie for the first time, and I was blown away. I have to admit, I walked into the movie theater preparing for it to suck after seeing so many critics pan it. Imagine how happy I was to find out that the movie room (here in Sacramento) was packed and the lines were reminiscent of a new Star Wars release. When it ended, it received thunderous applause too. I just want to find those critics (in particular, Entertainment Weekly which gave it a "D+") and run them through with me cutlass.

I felt the movie was just as good as the first one. I don't think it was any better than the original, but I sure as hell don't think it was any worse. The only complaint I have about the film is that I wanted it to end...not be "Part 1" of a two-part movie where the next episode will come out in May to tie-up loose ends. After sitting in a theater for almost 3 hours, I wanted the Krakken defeated, Davy Jones dead, and Jack Sparrow ending the movie with a fun piratey-quip. I wanted to walk away from the movie feeling "Hey! That was a great story! I wonder what the third plot's going to be about?" But, looking back on it, it's still a wonderful movie and I am going to go again and see it. I think this is THE Hollywood bluckbuster movie for the summer. Yarrr!

"I like nachos. Mermaid nachos."

The Seabeaver - Official Website

Facebook

MySpace

Twitter

banner2.gif

It's a time tested and somewhat mostly true axiom that the second act of a story is usually the weakest. Act one is always engaging because you're meeting the characters, learning who they are, what they want etc etc. Act two is usually nothing more than a set up for act three.

Bring on act three says I!

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly... I guess I find it hard to see anything in a movie series that contains undead pirates, magic compasses, ghost ships and sea monsters as ludicrous or silly... for me that's the fun of the whole shebang. Reality sucks... that's why I go to movies to begin with. :blink:

I figured the jar of dirt was to keep Davey's heart surrounded by land so he couldn't take it back. It's obviously important for some reason or another, because he's pretty pissed off that it's gone missing. I admit that I missed the matching locket stuff. I was trying to figure out if the tune played by the music box was something I remembered or not. Does anyone know the tune it was playing?

And... since all the ladies are drooling over the various men, I think I'll go ahead an say here and now that Elizabeth in pants is far sexier than Elizabeth in a dress... or "no dress at all" as Jack would say.

And I LOVE cliff-hanger endings myself. Reminds me of the old silver screen days when you'd go to the theater every week to see what happened next. Of course, in this case, we have to wait 10 months.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

132 million wow all time record for three day opening.

Does no one have questions about the monkey and the gold coin he took off with at the end of the first movie. it was not addressed in the second one. and will this have some effect on Jacks ability to survive the craken? any thoughts?

PS and one more thing No voddo doll of Jack in this one HHHMMMM???

Sir Beachem Quick,

Captain of the . . .

TheMW-1.png

. . . a small but dangerous

crew.

Does no one have questions about the monkey and the gold coin he took off with at the end of the first movie. it was not addressed in the second one. and will this have some effect on Jacks ability to survive the craken? any thoughts?

PS and one more thing No voddo doll of Jack in this one HHHMMMM???

Well, the monkey was undead so he's in possession of the coin and now with the Voodoo priestest. I predict we'll see both play integral parts in the Third movie.

Dances for nickels.

Eager to see the 3rd one. I'm more than presuming now that it WILL be titled World's End? After what Tia Dalma state at the end just as she was "introducing" Barbossa?

Y'know that's the one thing that bothered me at the end of the film. I think she said 'worlds end' at least two or three times. Can we say dropping a hint? Oh well.

Still waiting to go and see it a second time. I'm torn between making the boyfriend take me again or waiting til things calm down a bit and going with my mother

Y'know that's the one thing that bothered me at the end of the film. I think she said 'worlds end' at least two or three times. Can we say dropping a hint? Oh well.

Yeah, it seems like one huge commercial for the 3rd movie huh? A few people I know who saw it already saw it as one long commercial for the next movie.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Commercial?

Haha.. hardly.

I do really enjoy this movie. 4 times and I am more than eager to see it a million times over.

Wild ride... hell of an adventure.. but the ending with Barbossa's return and everyone desiring to bring back Jack does play hint to "it's not the end yet, folks!"

And still... it's grand.. how many people are still stunned over Barbossa's return!! :P

~Lady B

:P

Some stories take time to tell. "Lord of the Rings", for example. Or "Star Wars". As much as I love the PotC franchise, I can't imagine sitting in a theater for 5 or 6 hours straight. :P

My own home is another story. I have rum there. :P:P

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Going to Mad Jacks house for Rum and the movie. Drat no monkey icon here..*Insert dancing monkey*

We are going again when I return from california..My mother in law is driving five hours just to raid the theater with us and take pics and see peoples faces..

And of course i can see the movie yet again and look for things i missed. Love this movie..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Aye! You know, we should come up with a drinking game for when the movie arrives on DVD! Like, take a shot whenever Jack makes a funny face, and two shots when he falls down.

Hmmm.... at that rate, most folks would be passed out 20 minutes into the flick. Never mind! :P

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Aye! You know, we should come up with a drinking game for when the movie arrives on DVD! Like, take a shot whenever Jack makes a funny face, and two shots when he falls down.

Hmmm.... at that rate, most folks would be passed out 20 minutes into the flick. Never mind! :P

:P

Just read the "junior" book......sort of a mini-script.....

Quite worth it actually as there are a lot of quotes I missed that were funny........

In the scene where we first see Davy Jones playing the organ it describes an etching in the coral organ of a female with flowing hair......

Now that's a detail I wouldn't have looked for....and, I have only seen the movie once.....

I wonder....did anyone notice it.....?

Or, at least when we all view it again keep a weather eye out.......

Just sort of interesting in 'tracking down' Davy's love inerest.....

:)

Of course it has to be at worlds end because, the real villan here is the East India Company and their still in the west indies. And everyone knows the only way to bet the bad guy is to beat him on his home ground, so it's off to the east indies they go.

Besides why hire Chow Yung Fat (I hope that's spelled right) to play a chineese pirate if your not going east. ON one of the old spoiler threads there is talk of filming a chineese junk.

And I still say Jones's lost love will look like Elizabeth probaly some distant ancestor. Jack and Will will have to team up to save her. Will is going to defeat Davy Jones because if you remember Tia Dalma greeted him as a man of destiny. Jack much to his dismay will do the noble thing and send Elizabeth back into Wills loving arms. It's not just the Black Pearl that represents freedom it's Jack and you can't tie him down to any one woman.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

When Tia Dalma let the monkey out of the cage, it ran into another room, where there were a couple of boots - no doubt Barbossa's. The monkey most likely gave him the coin he grabbed in the first movie.

RHJMap.jpg

Saw the movie tonight...loved it! Gawd what a friggin' BLAST! Sure it's over the top and absurd, but I can't recall ever having so much fun just enjoying a movie for the sake of enjoying it, ya know?

***Spoilers Below***

Where to begin! So many GREAT lines, so many great scenes. Here's something cool -- when Jack's face popped up thru the coffin in the beginning...the theater erupted with applause and cheers. I have never seen a film in all my years where a beloved character gets honest-to-goodness applause in the beginning! Everyone in the theater was having a blast the whole time.

It was really fun having the whole crew back, with Gibbs, Pintel, Ragetti...what a terrific supporting cast. Gibbs' superstitions just slay me. Especially when he first saw Jack's black spot in Tia Dalma's shack, and did that little spin around dance thing, which Pintel & Ragetti immediately repeated. :lol:

Davy Jones was a great character...loved his accent combined with the slurpy squid noises, especially that *pop* noise.

It'll take a couple more viewings to pick up the details, but another one I loved was in Tortuga when Norrington says his story is the same as Gibbs, just a chapter behind, then 2 minutes later he gets tossed into the same pigpen that Jack finds Gibbs in back in Part 1.

The visual effects on the Dutchman's crew were so impressive. It took real guts to show them strutting around in broad daylight, but they pulled it off without a hitch.

The whole looney tune sequence of the pirates escaping from the Pelegostos had the theater in stitches. Especially when they were swinging the bone-ball cages back n' forth trying to reach the cliff. Somewhere Tex Avery is looking down on this with Doug Fairbanks, Errol Flynn and Burt Lancaster, and they are laughing their disembodied a$$es off.

Same with the wheel sword fight too.

My personal favorite was when Elizabeth begins desperately chucking rocks at the boys to get them to stop fighting on the beach.

Will's tribute to Doug Fairbanks in the Black Pirate was cool. Bootstrap was cool. Tia Dalma was cool. Barbossa's return was REALLY cool. Cool cool cool!

It was great to hear the score remain faithful to the original Badelt themes but expand on them. The addition of the organ during the Dutchman & Kraken scenes was AWESOME.

Overall this was one of the most effective sequels I've ever seen...definitely the best since Empire Strikes Back, imo. Speaking of which, there are some INTERESTING parallels to Empire. Space Pirate Han Solo/Frozen in Carbonite/Friends must rescue him in Part 3...Sea Pirate Jack Sparrow/Embedded in Kraken Belly/Friends must rescue him in Part 3...and look at the similarities of the Empire to the EIC.

Just two big questions remain for me:

How the hell did Pintel & Ragetti get the Pearl afloat and turned around EVEN with the world's most perfect tide helping them and nary an anchor spring in sight?

And how on earth does a lead musket ball suddenly gain incindiary properties so that it can instantly ignite a barrel of powder? Although I forget too quickly that in Bruckheimer land, ANY inanimate object can blow up at a moment's notice.

Many more thoughts/observations to come...

newbannersigtar0db.gif

:lol::lol:

Amen, Joshua! I'm thoroughly with you on all those statements. The Dutchman is awesome. Jones is awesome... the whole cast was awesome. And yes... LOVED that 'pop' he made after saying the word "Prize?"

Hell, I can go on and on about this film.

I noticed the Will "sliding" down the sail with the knife the first time around and laughed.. fantastic!

Jill... about Barbossa's return... Tia is a Voodoo prietess.. she brought him back with the voodoo if I understand it correctly. The Aztec gold's curse is non transferable. ::ponders a moment:: LOL, sounded like Polar Express there for a moment.

ANYWAY...

I am eager to learn of this lost love of Jones. And what became of her. Always curiousity that I have. Never kills this cat.

On the organ in the film... I noticed the various "carvings" but most noticeable was the same image that is the musical locket.. and the angel facing away from the keys towards the "painting" of a ship flying off into the sunset with Angels following it... rather odd. Oh, and not all the Angels were Angels.. I saw one of the Angels with the wings of a bat. Perhaps a demon?

Mad Jack.. I LOVE the idea of a drinking game! :lol:

~Lady B

:lol:

I saw it Friday nite in a packed theater (if they were showing it in two theaters and both were packed ALL weekend long, something must be right with it). I thought it was spendid, as did my friends and family that went. We can't wait for POTC3, which is begining filming in a few months. Rolling Stone Mag., has a huge section on both Depp and POTC2. I will not only see it again but make sure I am on a reserve list for the DVD.

:lol:

I fear not heaven nor hell....for the sea shall judge me!!

Captain J. Daniels

Better to be hated for who you are.......than loved for who you are not

CaptainJackDaniels@pyracy.com

Black Pearl Leather & Finery

My Webpage

In case the audience I see the movie with this Friday is pretty loud during that last scene of the movie I now know exactly what happens:

Barbossa appears and says, "Now tell me, what's become of my ship?" He is holding an apple, takes a bite and laughs that great laugh of his. Jack the monkey is on his shoulder and screeches with delight, it then fades out.

Quite a few people have missed what he said due to people clapping and cheering so loudly. At least now I know, it's all good! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I was fortunate enough to catch Barbossa's line... in the theatre I was at when he appeared on screen there was this stunned silence and a collective gasp of surprise... and then an eruption of applause at the blackout. It was pretty cool.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Weird --

Jack Sparrow = Han Solo, the reckless pirate & scoundrel

Gibbs = Chewbacca, the loyal, reliable first mate

Will = Luke, the noble hero

Bootstrap = Darth Vader. Father of the hero who fell into the dark side and is imprisoned forever.

Liz = Leia, the noblewoman with spunk who is more than she lets on

Davy Jones = Jabba The Hut. Han was on the run to try and repay a debt to Jabba, but got frozen in carbonite. Jack was on the run to try and repay Davy, got eaten by the Kraken.

Beckett/E.I.C. = The Empire. Bent on domination by corruption & force.

Pintel & Ragetti = R2 and C3PO. They just get sucked along for the ride, and are an ever present factor no matter which side they are currently stuck with.

Tia Dalma = Yoda, the presence of spiritual guidance & wisdom.

No wonder DMC is the coolest sequel since Empire...it follows their recipe for success! :D

newbannersigtar0db.gif