Private Pyrate Boats

Do you own a Boat, and if so, what size?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a Boat, and if so, what size?

• No boat here
    • I have a few models of boats
    • Rubber Raft/Kayak/Canoe
    • Rowboat/Lake-size fishing boat
    • Speedboat
    • Deep draft bay fishing vessel
    • Sailboat
    • Yacht (under 20')
    • Yacht (over 20')
    • Aircraft Carrier (over 50,000 tons)

Well, being a river pirate I've just got an old canoe. She spent most of the summer "dressed up" like a pirate ship for the kids to play on. I usually take her out on the nearby creek to avoid the yahoos on their toys that fill the river.

I'm also have the pleasure of storing my brother's little sunfish but I've never taken her out.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Are you implying that someone around here needs to conduct his piratical captaincy with just a skosh more gravitas?

:lol:

Very well, then. I have a wooden model of a galleon, (the San Francisco II) which is awaiting an opportune time to lay the keel and commence planking. The kit mentions approx. 120 hours to complete. I've also been playing around a bit with scratch-built models of a size appropriate for putting in a bottle, but it is clear I have a lot to learn about knots and general ship-in-a-bottle technique before I take the plunge and ruin a perfectly good 1.75 liter Jack Daniels.

I grew up on the water... and I REALLY miss boats. No, I don't have one, but yes, the thought is always there in the back of my mind. Every so often someone points out a replica and says "buy this and we can use it" but somehow I always manage to fight the urge.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Two canoes and a 16' Hobie Cat that tossed me several times this summer. I don't like it one bit! :lol:

Still working on the "White Trash" sailboat. This one has real potential. I was going to post progress pictures, but I think that I will wait til it's finished. I have all the components, and so far I got paid around $150 for hauling off all the stuff to get the goodies! (the "white trash way"-cheaper than free!) :)

*sigh*

Alls I got is a little paper boat

I'm in the market as it were.... :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 3 weeks later...

Nothin' be wrong with paper Lass. It be the medium where dreams an ideas metamorph inta the physical world. Me third mockup just gained paper sails. Wishin' I had the engineerin' knowledge ta determine center of effort an fore/aft placement o' the centerboard. It be risky business relayin' on TLAR fer design purposes. Fortunatly me location sets the performance standards fairly low. Iffin she can be rowed an eighth mile, is watertight, has room fer me fishin' pole, guitar, cd player, cooler an kids, I be a happy camper. There ain't much room on Silverbell an Kennedy lakes :huh:

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

Here is enough boat building reading to choke a Navy!

Thanks for the words of encouragement mate! They did just that! I wish you luck with your vessel in the making!

I dream of sailing out past the sight of land and finally feeling that sense of freedom! :huh:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

:lol: Buys a round fer the house.

We be celebratin' the creativity of a Mr Mauer in Jersey fer makin' an SPS (small pirate ship). Bitty boats is all us inland rogues can ever hope ta build.

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/07/projec...irate/index.htm

:lol:

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.