True Caribbean Pirates

Well, for my part, I thought it was not the best, but certainly not the worst.

I've only watched the first half so far, and it's been enjoyable. The 3D animations were clever and well executed I think. Blackbeard was certainly underwhelming...The National Geographic Blackbeard was far better...but I liked the Henry Morgan.

I also thank the gods for having a DVR...being able to fast forward through all those commercials was a godsend...must be almost 50% commercials!

The Mardi-Gras beads treasure was amusing to be sure! :ph34r:

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... a first hand account is hard to dispute or argue against.

(In best Davey Jones fasion...) Damn you History Channel!

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

I saw both Pirate tech and True Pirates of the Caribbean, and I thought they were both great. Although Pirate tech was way cooler. Someone said they were kicking themselves for not taping it.. They sell copies on The History Channel site... or you could just pirate a copy... :lol:

Give credit to the History Channel for making a program about what we all love here on the pub. I would just ask them to watch their titles in the future. I sat down with a "tub of popcorn and a soda" to watch a down and dirty documentary about criminals and murderers, but instead saw Hollywood rear it's ugly head. Let's all sign on as advisors next time around.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

All the advisors in the world can't create the proper budget or change the minds of the makers of the documentary. They had plenty of advisors including Michael & Chrisitine Lampe of No Quarter given, Gail Selinger author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Pirates.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency