Goin Sailing...at last!

Firethorn

58842203-eabd-01B00110-.jpg

Well after a long winter and spring fixin' her up she is ready for a splash.

Hope to get out and finally sail Saturday or Sunday, still working out the details with the family schedule.

:P

So drink up me hearty's and cross yer bones and wish me luck! :ph34r:

~Captain William Firethorn

wil22.gif

Aye...we be keepin' the 'Swivelgun' down below decks, but nonetheless handy if the need arises. :ph34r:

As for course, we plan to be navigating the Barnegat Bay, a one time refuge for pirates back in the day.

Not much booty these days unless yer lookin' fer clams and blue claw crabs.

<_<

wil22.gif

Why yes she has milady Siren!

I wanted a more 'piratey' name but if was a tough sell to the family.

So we went with 'Floridaze' as the 'official name'. We love Florida and love to visit whenever we can. So I took the Jimmy Buffet song 'Floridays' and made the change to from days to daze since that is usually our state of mind when it comes to planning a vacation down to the 'Sunshine State' I even bought a Florida state flag to fly along with a pirate flag of course. :)

PS. As for her 'unofficial' pirate name, well I kinda liked 'Jersey Rebel'.

But don't tell the family. ;)

S/V Floridaze...aka Jersey Rebel

wil22.gif

Very nice vessel indeed, Will! I hope you and your family have the best of times aboard her. Be safe! :ph34r:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Good ta hear, ya done yer work, now enjoy the friuts of yer labor, and come and get me when ya do!!!! :rolleyes:

Cheers mate, I'm off to Oregon soon, gonna try to set up house around Astoria or Warrenton. I'll be getting my craft soon, I hope!