Wot are ye doing fer PoTC2 ?

Patrick Hand

Tales of the Sevin Seas is going to a theater in the Bay Area for the opening..... but that is a three hour drive for me.... SO I went to the local thrater in Angles Camp (famous for the frog jumps...) and got a ticket for the showing early Friday morning (12:01AM) to see it........

Of course. I'm going in full Pyrate garb....

But what are others planning to do?

Hey..... nine days and counting.............

Well, I'm going to wait about a week after it comes out. July 14th is my mom's birthday. We're all going to go to the El Capitan in Hollywood to watch the movie. Then afterward it's back down to Disneyland, we have dinner reservations at the Blue Bayou. Of course we'll be riding the ride again as well. So, yeah, should be a fun, piratey weekend! :D

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Holy crap! Where do I start?!? :D

Well... one of the local theaters here is going to do something big and fun. MerryD & I are coordinating with them some ideas and finallizing a lot of activities.

So far.. a costume contest... a couple games... a couple pirates to add atmosphere... pirate decorations... hopefully a local radio station or 2...

that's to name most of the major stuff.

Some or most of the theater staff will be in some type of pirate attire or likeness.

I'm excited as hell about this and cannot wait! Not just to see the film, but for all the activity that goes with it! People love pirates!

BTW... every time I go to Toy R Us... I see a family buying those foam pirate swords.. not the PotC ones, but some other cheaper version. It just warms my heart.

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I guess I'm going to put on my garb. It's a month until then. Starts on July 28 over here. My theater shows a double feature, but in german. That's not MY Captain Jack. I'll go and see the original version as always. So it could happen I'm wearing my garb at work and then go to see the movie in Cologne. I'll ask my boss if he minds. And I wonder if I'll be the only one dressed up in garb. It's always fun to dress up and go to the movies. When I saw CATCF at the theater I wore my Wonka T-shirt and a little boy was pointing at me and screaming: "Look mom, there's Willy Wonka." LOL

Our crewe will be heading out to the Magic Kingdom at the crack of early for the official opening of the ride here in Florida and a lot of TV coverage. Love it when Disney lets us entertain there in full regalia.

Then we're off to an afternoon showing of the movie in garb at Downtown Disney more than likely, followed by an after party at the Adventurer's Club. If you get "The Daily Buzz" on your local stations, look for us. Never know if you'll see The Pyrates of the Coast crewe that day.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I guess I'm going to put on my garb. It's a month until then. Starts on July 28 over here. My theater shows a double feature, but in german.

Jack speaking in German. :o That is just so incredibly, hilariously wrong. :o I would laugh through the whole thing. :o

I have my ticket already for the midnight showing. I'll wear a POTC shirt, my POTC bracelets and necklaces. I can't wait!! :o

Spot.jpg

Ladies and Gents....

I will be SLEEPING! :huh:

(and then running around like an insane wench until Memorial Day of 2007) :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

So are we picking up the tentative confirmation of a release date of May 28, 2007 for POTC3? If so, that will suck for those who will still have kids in school at that time. Hello, Mr. Bruckheimer, the whole state of Arizona school systems will still be in session. I'm sure other states will still be in session as well! How about June 1? Tis a lovely Friday for a release.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

What great timing. The Port Royal Pyrates Festival was moved up to the week prior so now we won't be out of town when the movie debuts. But again, a movie premier in Port Royal would have been awfully cool, too.

To another year of piracy and opportunities. Can't wait!

-- Hurricane

Oh, and they picked my birthday no less. Woohoo!

--

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Memorial Day? So it is true. Blast. I thought July was a good time for it.. Memorial weekend will be VERY difficult for me then. Making me choose from PotC, Spirit of Vincennes Rendezvous, or family time elsewhere... yikes.

I think July should be kept as a good release date for PotC films.

Sleep, Bess.. ya earned it!

BTW.. good to see you back around here on the Pub. :: Hands her a tankard of fabulous rum::: :huh:

Yes, Pearl... even Iowa schools get out either the 1st or 2nd week of June.

Yer Bday, eh, Hurricane? Lucky man! What a great bday present, too.

Mine, is at the beginning of May so... too late for that. :huh:

~Lady B

:huh:

I'm having a POTC 1 viewing at my house for my family—who are not so much into pirates, but want to see the old one before they see the new one.

Then I will don my pyrate boots, my offical POTC tank top (from Disney Anaheim), meet my family at the theater, and watch the new one. I told my husband that he might as well buy two sets of tickets, as I'll watch it for the first time, then get right back in line to watch it again! :o

Can't wait.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Trying to rustle up a crew in the KC area ta see it in garb and such. Hard ta do being so landlocked an all.

We be tryin' t' do the same thing in the Philadelphia/South NJ area, but so far not many have stepped up to the plate. Most folks seem t' be goin down to Baltimore. Hopefully we'll get a semi-decent crowd goin for opening night though.

I think there are a couple folks who are not a part of this Pub who would love to go to PotC in garb or costume around the southern NJ area.. however, they all beleive that nothing is happening. I will pass along the word if I can. PM me with the info in specific and I pass the info on. Hopefully.

Hint... tell everyone you know, even at work, at clubs you attend, hell, I donate plasma and I mention it there to a person or 2. They all seem interested. So, will find out July 7th.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Well my group Blackwood's Buccaneers has a paid contract for performances all day on Saturday.

So I'll be counting me booty.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Will be at the mall in garb for the premeir week-end. HArrr it will be much fun! :)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Trying to rustle up a crew in the KC area ta see it in garb and such. Hard ta do being so landlocked an all.

We be tryin' t' do the same thing in the Philadelphia/South NJ area, but so far not many have stepped up to the plate. Most folks seem t' be goin down to Baltimore. Hopefully we'll get a semi-decent crowd goin for opening night though.

I wish I could take part in a Philly piratical gathering for the POTC2 opening night, because it would be great to meet some people from the pub. Unfortunately, my time is already spoken for on the 7th. I'll just have to be content with going alone to a semi-local midnight showing Thursday night/Friday morning.

What will I be doing for the Premiere of PotC II ?

Going to see Nacho Libre.

I have a Civil War reenactment that weekend, and will be setting up camp on Friday the 7th. My daughter's boyfriend is driving across state (6 hours) to join us later that day for the event, so Friday night will involve dinner and a movie for the whole family. I am unavailable for any pyratical celebratory event in full garb, and cannot begin to entertain the idea of fighting off opening night crowds for a family movie event. Plus I was outvoted on the movie choice... at least we are not going to see Cars.

On July 7, there will be no Jack Sparrow for me... it will be Jack Black instead.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Poor Pete.

Cars is not too bad. But Nacho Libre? Poor thing. Wish we could commandeer ya and whisk you away to see PotC 2.

Soon enough, m'dear. Ye'll see it. Just ensure that you whimper and groan at all the bad jokes in Nacho Libre. (No... I haven't seen it yet. I saw Cars... I also had no choice there. But it was enjoyable if not tolerable.)

~Lady B

:ph34r:

I will mostly like swap days off at work and take my daughter to the first showing at 0900. Maybe we'll sneak in and watch it again!

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

At the theater ... all evening.

Like I said in another thread on this, my fencing group is putting on demo/show throughout the night.

Lots of stage combat....

We even get to do the introduction for each showing... of course it starts off with a fight :lol:

The movie is being shown in a couple of theater... we'll be running around like crazy. Or at least I will... I'm the one attacked by two others :lol:

One of the local radio stations is working with the theater for a tie in. Giving away tickets and such. They are promoting with us as a major draw...

This ought to be interesting :P

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

I was in Hollywood yesterday and it was a total zoo in the area of the El Capitan Theater. Lots of people wearing those Pirate Mickey hats. I think when we all go this coming Friday, the 14th, we're getting there really early. Hopefully it won't be too nutty since it's a week day and we're going to an early showing. I was talking with my friend, who works at the theater as the organist, he said at the El Capitan alone it brought in so much money and that was only Saturday he told me. I heard just for this weekend alone nation-wide made well over 135 million! Yup, it will be the movie of the summer, all the others will be blown away! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg