What's your day job

Silent

Main job;

Technical Coordinator for a traveling Science Exhibits "Robotics"

Secondary job;

Exhibits Technician at a Science Center

Lots of variety... sometimes a total pain, but hey...

Other 'jobs'...

Cert. Recovery Agent

Cert. Hypnotist

Elizabethan style fencing instructor (very limited these days)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypnotist huh...

Guess the boss doesn't have a hard time talking people into staying late.

B)

Hehehe...

No... I'm the hypnotist... not the boss... and I wouldn't use that to get my way at work...

Rather unethical.... but then again.... B)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Phil, don't you run a training business of a sort?

Of a sort...

I teach tai chi and qigong - the principles, forms, and applications - and meditation, pa kua and hsing-i (two other forms of Taoist "internal" martial arts). I also am getting an increasing number of Taoist philosophical counseling sessions (kind of like life-coaching, but with a Taoist slant).

I'm also an OMD (Doctor of Oriental Medicine) and do acupuncture, acupressure, massage, prescribe Chinese herbs, and energy work.

I've authored several books and numerous articles in my field and just started selling my latest effort, what I call a "semiautobiographical novelette", "The Laughing Taoist". Also starting to work on an online training module for Taoist arts which I hope to implement on my site within the next 6 months or so.

I used to be God-Mod for a start-up martial arts discussion forum, but I left when my other obligations just took too much time. (They're at about 2,000 members now, so hopefully I got them off to a good start).

...all this, and the mind of a genius and the body of a Greek god! B)

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

I research background checks for a large finacial company; or to be more exact, background results that come back with nagative results. We process to a more finite result, weeding out whether the offense is minor or of a nature unacceptable.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

I work in the Technical Publications dept. of a company that makes Auxiliary Power Units for things that fly in the air.

On the rare occasion I've been hired to do some artwork freelance. I'd really rather be doing that...

For the past two plus years I have been making money as a customer service representative, over the phone, for a bank at night. I like the work, the people I work with and the company I work for. It just doesn't pay enough. I don't see myself retiring from this job. I'm just putting in time.

Prior to that I was a graphic designer for nearly 20 years. Paid plenty but the stress was nearly killer and I had grown to hate the work.

What I am aiming towards is just being an artist. Visual and performing. Discipline has never been one of my strong points!

for the past 23 years.....,

Lewis County Director of Fecal Aquisition.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Rock night promo'tr...(soon t' finish after 12 year o' tradin'....next week in fact!!)

B)

Yer givin' it all up, lad?!?

I be hopin' ye got a backup plan, or a exit strategy, or whatever th' hell they calls it these days...

No hard feelin's when ya leave there, I be hopin'...

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Fuel Service Technician...in lame mans terms...I pump gas (gotta sound professional :rolleyes: ) . I actually live in Oregon which is the only state with true gas pumpers left. Besides that I hope to have my own used/new bookstore one day. Just need to get the doubloons to do it.

I teach tai chi and qigong - the principles, forms, and applications - and meditation, pa kua and hsing-i (two other forms of Taoist "internal" martial arts). I also am getting an increasing number of Taoist philosophical counseling sessions (kind of like life-coaching, but with a Taoist slant).

I'm also an OMD (Doctor of Oriental Medicine) and do acupuncture, acupressure, massage, prescribe Chinese herbs, and energy work.

I've authored several books and numerous articles in my field and just started selling my latest effort, what I call a "semiautobiographical novelette", "The Laughing Taoist". Also starting to work on an online training module for Taoist arts which I hope to implement on my site within the next 6 months or so.

Neat. As we've discussed previously, I'm not much of a Taoist, but I really like the idea that you can find your area of expertise and share it.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Did the Engineering degree thing at school, then working in a cube farm for 5 years. I did get to say I built trains though. Spent about 3 of those years traveling to projects in Ankara, Turkey and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. So it wasn’t that bad.

Then the market dropped out and it was time for a change.

Now I’m full time Navy. On a long term contract through our Reserve force.

Maritime Surface (MARS) Lieutenant. I’ve done tours as Ship’s Navi-guesser and will be off in the new year to play Operations Officer (3rd Officer) till the summer. All on our fleets Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels (MCDV).

Currently I’m a Staff Officer at our Defence Academy. Sailing a desk. It’s been 3 years, so I’m going a wee bit cabin crazy.

But it does let me work at my dream job.

Being a Reservist, I get to have some control over my career. Where I go and when. I take my sea time over the winters so I can stay home in the summer.

This summer I was hired by Mercedes-Benz Canada to be a driving instructor at a performance driving school.

www.raceinc.com

I get to teach people how to drive fast cars that are $70k to $140k.

Not only that, I get to drive LeMans prototype race cars. They are 2-seaters, so I take clients around for hot laps.

The school also does a Formula One experience program. For $13k you too can drive a F1 car. We have the Benettons from 98 and Arrows/Lolas from 97. Six cars in all.

I have to use all my military leave to do the instructing, but it’s more like a dream than a job. I get paid to drive someone else’s cars.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)