What's your day job

Silent

Hey my partner in crime Boats, was a submariner when he was in the Navy and called himself a pirate even then.

So the Navy can be proud that it's former and current personnel just love to go out and find their way to pirate groups. biggrin.gif

RR -

I'm surrounded by ex-NucNavy types... I think most were oxygen deprived at some point of their career. blink.gifrolleyes.gif

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I'll ask that question to m' step-bro upon his return from the sea. ;)

Still working at the radio station. Not many hours, but that's ok for right now, since I've been caring for m' mom who busted up her leg pretty good back in Feburary.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I be a Navy Brat... that count?? :lol:

As fer work, I am still working fer the Walt Disney Studios as a Talent Administrator.

Thankless.

Totally Thankless. ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

By day, I’m an e-learning designer/developer for a large legal publisher and software firm but i get to work from home...which is cool.

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

3660251270_1501aa649b.jpg

After 25 years with the Navy, and 30 years with M-I-C-K-E-Y {O-U-S-O-B}, I am retired from full time employment.

When I'm not studying for a mail-order gynecology course, I sample rum, and sell used ice. Enjoy sailing, photography (underwater too, until I had to quit diving), world travel, and creating pirate type things.

D.B. Couper

I changed careers in two totally different directions.

Formerly an office manager for my husband's now-defunct construction company, I am now working in two hospitals as a pharmacy technician. One of the hospitals is a state of the art, cutting edge brand new children's hospital.

I also am a contributing regular writer for Pirates Magazine.

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

Navy brat, eh? Weeeelll...

I be an Army Brat...in fact, I'm wearing my "official" US Military Brat t-shirt even as I type.

I be a Navy Brat... that count?? :P

As fer work, I am still working fer the Walt Disney Studios as a Talent Administrator.

Thankless.

Totally Thankless. ;)

Damn, thats sharp!

I'm still a Keeper of Larnin' an' Knowledge in Cuyahoga Falls...means I'm a blinkin' librarian. At the moment, the aforesaid library is undergoing some serious renovation. North side (Fiction) is all walled off from public (and us) and has been torn up...whole floor plan is being redone. Co-worker went and got the Reference/Adult Services Department (where I work) a hardhat...but I had to put the "webbing" in and explain, "No, ye bombhead, ye *don't* put a helment on yer head wi'oot some sorta suspension to absorb the impacts!" Feh, civilians...

Damn, thats sharp!

I'm still a Keeper of Larnin' an' Knowledge in Cuyahoga Falls...means I'm a blinkin' librarian. At the moment, the aforesaid library is undergoing some serious renovation. North side (Fiction) is all walled off from public (and us) and has been torn up...whole floor plan is being redone. Co-worker went and got the Reference/Adult Services Department (where I work) a hardhat...but I had to put the "webbing" in and explain, "No, ye bombhead, ye *don't* put a helment on yer head wi'oot some sorta suspension to absorb the impacts!" Feh, civilians...

Capn Bob -

The rachet adjustment on MSA brand hard hats can be used to elicit information from captives. No pirate should be without one. wink.gif

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

After 25 years with the Navy, and 30 years with M-I-C-K-E-Y {O-U-S-O-B}, I am retired from full time employment.

When I'm not studying for a mail-order gynecology course, I sample rum, and sell used ice. Enjoy sailing, photography (underwater too, until I had to quit diving), world travel, and creating pirate type things.

Mail order gynecoloy? I gotta find out more. I could say i studdy the same thing on the internet. I'd say im rather an expert on observing that sort of thing, and I dont charge but a couple of drinks!!

As sails age the change shape and loose some of their efficiency. Regretfully, so do some sailors.

Well, I design and sell security systems to people like: The Gov't, Military, large corporations.

Ohh and i also do festival management.

Antonio Gumbatz, The Italian Pirate

Ships cook, Rum swizzler, Swordsman, Flirt.

www.babuccs.com

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a radio news anchor, nosy reporter, writer, voice talent, and general troublemaker :)

Ahhh... a fellow radio person! :)

Well, still at the radio station. And taking in some commissions to make 18th c attire.

Feeling like a full time and a half mom but the kids, etc are not mine! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I would have sworn that I answered this, or a thread just like it, back when I was actually still working!

Anyway... I'm now recently retired from a job in federal law enforcement. I spent over 20 years of my career in South Florida and part of that time I was driving boats along the coast from Miami down through the Keys and out to the Tortugas. For the last year and a half I was teaching law to new recruits at the academy out in New Mexico for the same agency. Prior to the law instructor detail I taught pursuit driving and emergency response driving for almost a year. I retired for good on January 31st and relocated a few hundred miles north to Palm Bay where I'm now (halfheartedly) looking for a new job. Anybody have any good job leads in Central Florida?? Child support takes a big chunk out of my monthly annuity! ;)

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

I am a tour guide in Pike PLace Market in Seattle. I am the only kilted tour guide in the Market!

Kilted Eric

the Skirted River Pirate

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea. - From the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I am an economist, I work in the field of international affairs, or, more specifical EU affairs - managing European Union funded projects.

It is interesting, and it gives me the possibility to work daily in English, so I got fluency...

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

"Day job"? Does ye mean where do I pillage to support ship 'n' crew? Then that be as a Network flunky, designing wiring for new buildings and renovations, long-haul data circuits but most of me time is spent designing and administering 'network based video' like video conference, web-cams, etc. No wonder I like to go low-tech when the day is done!

Captain of Enterprise out of Rheault Bay

OK how's this one, I am an NRC licensed Reactor Operator at nuclear power plant in NY. So your government trusts me with a 1775 MW nuclear reactor. Yes I have heard the Homer Simpson jokes, and yes they are all accurate. I also like going low tech when I get the chance.

OK how's this one, I am an NRC licensed Reactor Operator at nuclear power plant in NY. So your government trusts me with a 1775 MW nuclear reactor.

:rolleyes:

Run away! Run away!

Simpsons_Blinky.gif

:P;)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I am a radio news anchor, nosy reporter, writer, voice talent, and general troublemaker :)

Ahhh... a fellow radio person! :)

Well, still at the radio station. And taking in some commissions to make 18th c attire.

Feeling like a full time and a half mom but the kids, etc are not mine! ;) ;) :rolleyes::P

~Lady B

Yep, almost two decades in radio here.... getting to torment people with a microphone :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I am a tour guide in Pike PLace Market in Seattle. I am the only kilted tour guide in the Market!

Haven't seen you yet. What's your hours?

Day job for me?

The BC Renaissance Festival and The Jade Dragon Crew gigs.

Rehearsals, promos, fight practice.. Name it...

Hubby is a prop maker in the Stargate shop. The main reason we live here and not back in Toronto is that.

So... Eric.. Let me know and I'll try to time it to say hi next time I am through.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg