What's your day job

Silent

In the real world, I am Full time CRE.

Crafts and flea market vendor-fair to middlin

full time mom-no one can afford to pay this salary

volunteers at COPIN House

Fundraiser coordinator for CoDA-volunteer

Website moderator-volunteer

as an aside... please remember all our Veterans this coming weekend(and the rest of the year as well)

kttcsignature.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My day job is to sleep! :lol: I'm one of those crazy graveyard shifters. So by night, I'm a police/fire dispatcher at 911.

The rest of the time I'm either Daddy to my 8 year old Pirate Princess, or moderating the sites I run. One for the local Star Wars group here and one for the pirate group I'm trying to start. My other costuming interest is Star Wars, member of both the 501st and Rebel Legions.

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

that men of courage must starve."

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

Pushing tin? Aircraft maintenance? Plane psychotherapist?
Heh...a little of each...and then some..

well except the mechanic part....

What's your experience of that? What led you to it? (It seems like an interesting career choice to me.)

Hmm..well spent many years as an airport rat..hanging about in the tower, flying privately, lots of airline and airport friends...traveled to many places visited other towers..and just next to my pirate craving as an airplane jones..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Ah. Duchess enjoys flying too. Have you ever seen Flyboys? I suspect you would enjoy it. I also recommend the book Illusions: Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah. You can often pick it up for cheap in used bookstores.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Aye Mission my "wish List" on Amazon is filled with Pirates and airplanes.

By the way...I'm doing my job riiiight now ! <_<

eeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!!!

Edit: Home now..and exhausted..man that was a tough day back..but fun!

This is a very poor photo, and the boots wern't finished,.....

But this is the kinda thing that I make for a living......

Not exactly an Animal..... but I make Mascots.........

........PyrateMascot.jpg

Oh yah.... in the photo the mouth is open, but it's a puppet, so the mouth works......

• 4 months later...
Fuel Service Technician...in lame mans terms...I pump gas (gotta sound professional ;) ) . I actually live in Oregon which is the only state with true gas pumpers left. Besides that I hope to have my own used/new bookstore one day. Just need to get the doubloons to do it.

new jersey has pumpers to. you are not allowed to pump your own gas in nj.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

could have sworn i'd answered this thread before - i just checked through what be yuour day job.

i am a graphic artist/designer by degree. i plan on starting classes agin in the fall for another aas in coimmercial art - nee d to upate my computer graphic skills and add web desinh and photography.

right now i a rebar steelworker to keep a roof over my head - long story. i do do free-lance design and photography. and what i enjoy doing most (esides my art) is singing, ancing, axcting and improv. i act in renaissance faires and medieval festivals as improv street cast. oh, fellow steel rose player - pyrate phil - we are doing the midsummer faire in lehighton this year.

l;ove doing improv! and my youngest cabin boy has a knack for it too!

i do noticde that there are a lot of us graphic designers on this site! ;)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

NY has em....but you gotta pay more..

Fuel pirates... :lol:

been what's called an "inside electrician" for the past 19 years. "outside electricians" are the pole guys.

worked in all 4 ( now 3 ) car plants, power houses, office buildings, strip malls, indoor malls, chemical factories, you name it.

power houses are the worst. they schedule their down time during the winter when a boiler can be shut down and reworked. at times, i could be working next to an existing boiler, sweating my a@@ off, and then have to go outside in freezing weather. and this is all while i am getting covered in a layer of coal dust.

filthy, hot, and usually heavy work.

car plants are great !! usually i get to work on the computerized control systems for the assembly lines.. the niiiiice work :)

right now just working on a new grocery store.

ibew local 1 member, st. louis, mo.

I

right now i a rebar steelworker to keep a roof over my head - long story. i do do free-lance design and photography. and what i enjoy doing most (esides my art) is singing, ancing, axcting and improv. i act in renaissance faires and medieval festivals as improv street cast. oh, fellow steel rose player - pyrate phil - we are doing the midsummer faire in lehighton this year.

l;ove doing improv! and my youngest cabin boy has a knack for it too!

i do noticde that there are a lot of us graphic designers on this site! :o

I seldom read down here in the bilge, but..Atta girl, there Snow! My oldest daughter was a rodbuster for many years, actually made it to Asst. Supt. before she quit the trade. It's hard on both men and women, my advice is get five years in for a minimum pension, then bail out. I'm a retired third generation structural Ironworker, so I know from whence I speak. Thanks to my former trade, I'm now a Structural Ironworker on Disability! (not really funny, but, oh well)..I ply the seven seas with this ship now.....

<_<

Day job in the real world, eh?

Well, ye might say that I resolve technical problems that field techs and analysts can not, an' for problems I too can not resolve then I convert field jibber into technical lingo for the design engineers and then from the design engineers back into field jibber for the field monkeys to understand. I test and verify data before passing either from the field monkey to the engineers and from the engineers back to the field monkeys. I monitor quality control and repairs across from west coast to east coast and drop the hammer when I find the field monkeys goofin off. I write technical skits for 3rd party phone support to read so it sounds as if they might actually know what they are saying, and even understand English sometimes too. On occasion I will take calls from customers nation wide who are afraid to RTFM and explain to them how to do their job, and if it be over their head then I dispatch a technician or analyst to dispatch the customer forth with!

All that Xerox pays me too! :rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

LOL I love these...I really do!!...little would other people know ...heh

• 2 months later...

According to my esteemed associates, I'm a Professional Morale Officer.

Otherwise known as an HR Manager.

Captain Myfanwy T. "Bloodrose" Blodynrhos

The Midnight Rose

"Why is the rum always gone?" ::stagger:: "Oh. That's why."

Me day job?

It Be OVER!!! Four Bells 'n it be time t' Go HOME!!!

:rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 1 year later...

QJ brought up something in the Pirate vs Pirate thread about the pub collection of graphic art (which I truly have no idea what he was talking about - per usual) and it reminded me that there were a lot of graphic artists on this board. Since I learned that in this thread, I thought I'd drag it up again.

Although I have explained what I do previously, I thought a link to

might give you a better feel for my job. (Ok, I just threw that in there to pretend like I actually had something to say in here. :( )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I write IT technical documents for the pharmaceutical industry and manage IT projects.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Now retired ., still diving . Currently developing my long sought after dive resort. Buying LOTS of rock, earth , concrete and steel.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

QJ brought up something in the Pirate vs Pirate thread about the pub collection of graphic art (which I truly have no idea what he was talking about - per usual) and it reminded me that there were a lot of graphic artists on this board. Since I learned that in this thread, I thought I'd drag it up again.

Although I have explained what I do previously, I thought a link to

might give you a better feel for my job. (Ok, I just threw that in there to pretend like I actually had something to say in here. :( )

I'm a Database Administrator for a large computer reselling company. And some days my job feels just like that video

:(

I just pretend to be a graphic artist;)

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!