What's your day job

Silent

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they decided to clean up the old posts a few months back without telling us mods. The old thread about professions got deleted with a lot of other good stuff. If I'd have known, I'd have resurrected some of them - like that one - before the chop. Alas. So you may as well begin again.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Well here's my list: :o

1. Pub Moderator

2. Moderator at other sites

3. Crafter (lots of different things)

4. Celtic needlepoint artist (winner of many awards-including the San Diego fair)

5. Writer (poetry and stories)

6. Costumer (winner of many awards-including San Diego Fair)

7. Tarot reader

8. Guild Mistress for Pirates of Treasure Cove

9. Seller of crafts (pouches, jewelry, feather hat pins etc. at faires)

10. Star Wars fan (have license plate that reads STARWRS)

:o

1. Information Technology Solutions Architect.

2. Freelance graphic designer.

3. Maintainer of a cat toy euphemistically referred to as my house.

4. 2nd Assistant Lackey and Chamber Pot Emptier here at the Pub.

5. Professional Loose Cannon

And Phil; there's a difference between carpet munching and lawn mowing, my friend. Although you'd think lawn mowing would pay less. B)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

1.) Part Time Toys R Us Associate- FromWorking in the office with deposits to working the partis to being on the floor and cashiering, I do it all.

2.) Part Time writer for children though working on getting published. And possible working on my first romance as well.

3.) Full time mom and wife

4.) Started my own Forum

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

1.) Part Time Toys R Us Associate- FromWorking in the office with deposits to working the partis to being on the floor and cashiering, I do it all.

Can you get Action Figures on the cheap?

When I was in my teens and the Star Wars AF line was dying out, I met a woman who worked at TRU. I asked her if she could get me some for less than store price. She said she could, but she couldn't pick which ones she got me for some reason. So I took her up on it. She got me four figures for 10 or 20% less than retail. I already had them all (Ben Kenobi, Darth Vader, two random Ewoks), so I just tossed them in a box without opening them.

The only person who will probably appreciate this is Capt. Grey, but they were all Power of the Force figures with the coin on them. Years later, I realized I had some very collectible figs because they were still minty and on card.

Anyhow, I'm an engineer, part owner of a business that does design and troubleshooting work who moonlights as a self-help skills trainer. So is Mission.

Phil, don't you run a training business of a sort?

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I am a state forest ranger/wildlands firefighter. :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Can you get Action Figures on the cheap?

Actually I get a 10% discount, tis not much but tis some. Hopefully now that TRU is under new management we will get a deeper discount.

Sealegs I worked as an Admin Asst. to Lumatec Industries then was moved to their Advertising Dept. I miss that job..lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Well actually I start at PSA Financial as a File clerk and did that for ten years. THen the position for administrative assistant came along and have been doing that for the last 6 years. Yes sometimes I actually miss being a file clerk. Would I do it again if I had to yes. :)

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am