Port Royal, Jamica. JOINT THREAD

Capt. Sterling

Perhaps, we shall see... I think I will retire after PiP so maybe after that.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Thomas. I like this map above all the others... shows the forts and gives a wee bit more detail.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a gentle reminder to please make all OOC comments on this joint thread, not in the PR thread, so as not to interrupt the story.

This includes questions, personal updates, historical info, and character questions between players.

Thanks, all.... :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 months later...

Please, people, don't put dialog into a characters mouth that isn't yours. I don't mind setting up situations, happy to do so, but I beg you, do not speak for any character other than your own, unless it is a non-player character. Also, Prof. Trilby's servant is not a Blackamoor. He is a native Jamaican, and his dialog comes under Trilby's avatar. He is not a free agent character.

I stress this because only the person who created and is playing a certain character knows how that character would react in any given circumstance, and what they would or would not say, and how they would say it.

In role-playing, speaking for someone else is a big no-no, unless approved before the story commences, which in PR it has not.

I mean no disrespect, nor am I trying to be a ichy poo-sandwich, but this is a major sore spot with me, as it would be with any writer.

Respectfully submitted,

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

• 4 weeks later...

. . . nor am I trying to be a ichy poo-sandwich . . .

Wot does 'at taste like eh? Liam got hisself a bite last time we's in Port Royal, eh bruddah?

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

Just to let my fellow players know, I will be off-line from the 16th to the 21st. Off to play tourist in Monterey, Ca, and then to Ojai to play pyrate!

Don't kill anyone off while I'm gone. LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg