POTC2

I would if it would be the original. But so far I think they'll show the german version than. I'm not into that. It's not Jack in German. Sounds odd to me.

But I will go as fast as I can when I find a theater which shows the original. :)

Nope, I'll see it as soon as I can when I reach port. I'm due to be underway when it opens.

Coastie ;)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

A large group of us PRP (aroud 40 so far) are going, in garb, to the El Capatain on Saturady July 8. Dinner at Hamburger Hamlet beforhand and maybe ice cream at Cold Stone afterwards. Looking forward to it I am! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

A large group of us PRP (aroud 40 so far) are going, in garb, to the El Capatain on Saturady July 8. Dinner at Hamburger Hamlet beforhand and maybe ice cream at Cold Stone afterwards. Looking forward to it I am! :)

I was going to try and go on either July 8th or 9th for that, I saw it listed in my annual passport magazine. It sold out so fast tho, oh, well. I love Hamburger Hamlet, great restaurant! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Not the midnight show, but an evening show on the 7th. If there are any other Vancouver pirates on here, there's a group of about 20 of us (mostly costumed) going to a mid-evening show at whichever downtown theatre will be playing it (Paramount? Granville 7?). You'd be welcome to join us, if you see us!

Dang.... didn't think about that..... gotta get tickets eairly......

When PotC first showed, our group did a Pre-screening, (and got in to see it befor it opened).....

When it finaly opened, I dressed up and went to go see it localy (in Sonora at the time)....

Walking home, I got stopped by the police.... they wanted to know why I was dressed as a Pyrate...... made it into the paper..... dang... if I was dressed as a cowboy, no one whould have noticed anything......

"News of Report

An officer questioned a man on South Stewart street dressed as a Pirate"

The most interesting part of the whole thing is everyone knew who it was......

So If you wanna see any Pyrate movie.... stay away from Sonora California.... those inbread (PG-13 mode on) can't understand anything different......

The 17thC historical fencing group I'm with is going to be putting on demos thoughtout the opening night of the movie at the local theater.

We'll have a 20'x30' area set up infront of the building with a pub scene set up. Not everyone in the group is a fighter, so there will be gambling and such too.

We have developed both scripted (stage combat) and unscripted combat (in armour). Ought to wow the patrons.

The best part is a couple of us get to introduce each showing of the movie :(

With significant crowed control, two of us chase in, sword fight and stop when we notice people in the theater :ph34r:

Play up the intro then as we leave, continue the chase.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

Just learned today that I have a hearing scheduled for July 7! :ph34r: Well, maybe it'll settle before then...

Capt. William

During jury selection, tell the solicitor (attourney ?sp) that you can spot a guilty person *SNAP!* just like that! No doubt in your mind whatsoever.

You should be home in time for tea. :(

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I still need to find me a sash and bandana. Does anyone know where to get some that look like Captain Jack Sparrow's?

Try asking at Yahoo groups: potccostuming. Those that play there no all the places to find that treasure.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Midnight showing! B) I don't think so...To be sure, I'll be seein' it, but probably a matinee a week or two after it opens. I'm selfish, I don't like crowds! B)

I heard a rumor that there are wire-combat/wuxia? in PotC2..ala Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Anyone know if this is true? Seems kinda goofy...pirates flying around on wires cuttin' people to shreds, while Davy Jones stands there with tentacles coming out of his mouth?

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

Blackbeard's Crew has two "gigs" on opening weekend,

Friday night - Cinema Cafe in Hampton, VA

Saturday - the historic Commodore Theatre in Portsmouth, VA

Free tickets included!!! whoo hoo! B)

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain

I'm seeing if my guyfriend can get invited to the premiere this coming Saturday at Disneyland. Since he does voices for Flik at the Ugly Ball Show in California Adventure and also for the Block Party parade, plus does radio spots for Disney maybe he'll be able to attend. He attended the special 50th party on May 4th last year. That was only for celebs and industry peeps. Eh, we'll see what happens. I'll definitely be getting out of work if he can go. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

The crewmembers of my pirate group, The Crewe of the Black Pearl, are going to get into the movie fer free! We've made a deal with a theater manager in Pensacola, Florida and our members are going to come to the theater dressed in pirate garb and give out gold coins to the kids and do rapier demonstrations, and in return, we get to attend as many showings of the movie as we want on July 7, 8, and 9th free of charge!

No midnight showing, unfortunately.