Just curious

Rumba Rue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't remember exactly. It was sometime after my "Nearly lost at sea in a chenoe" episode. To occasion the "Shipwreck" Name was formed and lure of pyracy of the high seas became a more prominant fixture in my mind. There soon after a yahoo search for pirates and pirate stuff found me discovering this lovely pub.

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

Aye then...the life o' a piratess theatrical director be a mite lonely at times...what with a lack o' understandin' free booter's in me area....not t' mention the strange looks an', slack jawed replies o'..Pi-rate?' from th' landlubbers.....so I be Googlin' "pirate chat" an' next thing I knowed I be stumblin' all full o' cider through the back door o' this here fine Pub.....

then I be forcin' Maggie Pricklebottom t' join fer she be me Quarter Master on the Bloomin' Bloomer.....well.....an', the rest be...Her-story, as they say......

Arr! Arr! Arr!

An', tis glad I be t' have found ye.....

Fair Winds this day....

~Foxmorton

Google, to Bilge Monkey, to the Pub. Watched ya all for about a month, to gets the lay o the land, saw ya were scallywags to a man/woman, and figured it'd be a safe place to drop anchor. First and only site I've joined.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I went to Lee Island Pirate Days and was hooked. Did a search that took me to NQG, and thence to here.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

It all started when I was a wee lad . . .

. . . and after countless google searches with every combination of the word Pirate. this is where I frequently ended up.

(Slow learner here) it took me a few landings to actually figure out what this site was and how it worked.

Sir Beachem Quick,

Captain of the . . .

TheMW-1.png

. . . a small but dangerous

crew.

Was 'googlin' ''SEA SHANTYS'' an' the words 'PIRATE' an' 'Pub'...caught me eye....Bein' that I was already a pirate, wi' an unatural drawin' t' pubs....thought I'd missed some free beer......an' came t' investigate :lol:

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

Compass that doesn't point North, etc, etc . . .  ;)

Got me de same problem as you!! Got mine from Captain Jack Sparrow when I was youngling. It doesn't do much of anything now that I think of it though! ;)

I was also searching for an author. The link I followed led me to a post and I was instantly interested in de pub!

Boo

'There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.'~Elizabeth

'I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.'~Jack

neusignatur8bg.jpg

a lady friend told me of the "talk like a pyrate site" because i reminds her of a pyrate (wonder why i say). so, after circumnavigatin' this web thing.... the "aol" search engine kept coming up 'ere... i had no idea it was like this! i'm about to stop payin' rent and just move inta this safe-haven! a cursed/maybe blessed pyrate i am in the companies of you all!

...up close and personal means one of two things:

You are either waking up with me in the morn or I am the last face you will ever see...</span>

Tis hard for m' tae remember exactly how I found this hole in the wall ... seems I was searching the web and NQG so more than likely I came here via NQG as I knew of it before I knew of this here pub.

Cap'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Someone mentioned it either at a Pirate Brethren event or on the Pirate Brethren Yahoo group. I don't remember in what context or who mentioned it, but I came over to answer someone's question about clothing and then last summer, Stinky Tudor asked me to be a moderator and then I just had to stay! <_<

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

• 2 weeks later...

I t'inks it were thru No Quarter Given, an that was a link from the TLAPD website, and that was frum th column by Dave Barry. All I knows fer sure was that rum was involved.

Before then I thot there was summat wrong wit me---

Thanks ta findin' all o' ye, I've come out of th' closet and am now a proud Bucaneer-American! B)

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

I was searching the web for fighting styles. Namely information on the Florentine fighting style. I don't remember exactly which place I was in that led me here. I saw the front page of this site, it looked interesting, but I didn't have time to really look it over then so I added to my favorites so I could give it a look over later.

A day Later I came back to this site and started to check it out. It had the right mix of fun and information on a subject I have always had an interest in....Pirates.

So here I be.

`Blackie`

:rolleyes: