Figurehead

Redd Oktober

The figurehead I mentioned is from the chourus of "The Good Ship Venus" one of the great all time bawdy songs.

The sea diety could be Mannan or Mari or ...

The dragon devouring a lion is found in Islamic astromical texts of the middle ages representing an eclipse. If I had a pirate ship I'd call it The Eclipse.

Why?!

There's disaster coming I yea be seeing an eclipse!

Why are you eying me so strangely?!! :lol:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Are you a vampyre, Capt. Weaver?

:ph34r:

Capt. William

I identify as a vampire.

:)

I like the night.

I enjoy dark and decadent pleasures.

I drink blood from those who are monogomously dedicated to me.

I always dress in black.

I have fangs.

I know the different between my vampire fantasy and the fictitious world of vampires.

I am not immortal.and I do not think of myself as a supernatural being.

I am only a vampire fan who has taken this lifestyle and blended it with my pirtate lifestyle to create a lovely fantasy.

:) :) :)

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

You would love my area, Capt. Weaver. Lestat lives just up the street from me, did you know that? 'Tis true!

And ride the streetcar about 20 blocks and you'll be in an area where you could scarcely fire a sea service pistol without hitting something that's appeared in one of Anne Rice's tales.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Believe I started it, Pirata.

I used to be an avid Anne Rice reader, but have gotten sidetracked in recent years with other matters. I also used to be a staffer on the Anne Rice Vampire Lestat Fan Club (now defunct). I attended all of her Halloween parties from the big Memnoch Ball at St. Elizabeth's in 1995, until the last one, in 2001. Used to live just a few blocks away from her house on First Street (remember the house from the Mayfair Witches' stories? That's where Anne lives!)

Have met the great lady, and her husband Stan (the model for Lestat, Anne said), who passed away last December from a brain tumor.

Capt. William

Yes, but there she was talking about who should play Lestat in the movie version of INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE (and I agree that he would ahve been a far better choice than Tom Cruise). But as to who inspired her to CREATE the character Lestat in the first place: that was Stan Rice, her husband. And she was speaking about his character and personality, not his appearance.

Capt. William

You would love my area, Capt. Weaver. Lestat lives just up the street from me, did you know that? 'Tis true!

And ride the streetcar about 20 blocks and you'll be in an area where you could scarcely fire a sea service pistol without hitting something that's appeared in one of Anne Rice's tales.

Capt. William

yes William,

I am very aware of the many Anne Rice delights to be found in yer city.

I believe I know New Orleans by story,place and streets better than I know my own city.

the cemetaries are the best.there are very few crypts out here.there is something about a crypt which brings all of the mysteries of life and death out in the open to ponder.

another one of my hobbies is collecting pictures of crypts,old gravestones and cemetary statuary.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

rutger hauer's face does not have the beautiful lines of the perfect boy I envisioned Lestat to be as I read the books.

I liked tom cruise-at least he didn't mumble around his vamp teeth like brad pit-hehe

I thought the guy who did queen of the damned had the perfect face and graceful movements.

Orlando Bloom would be perfect!

what was this topic about??? I think we went way off topic

Capt Weaver

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Yes but when she wrote the book Rutger Hauer was a hell of a lot younger. The other disappointment was Armand, Antonio Bandaras is a great actor but he did not portray the 17 year old body of Armand.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

We DID go way off topic; it was about FIGUREHEADS on ships. Capt. Weaver, do you want Orlando Bloom, with fangs, on yours?

:lol:

Capt. William

yum yum

would rather have oded feher...with a full beard.

:lol::lol::P

Capt Weaver

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Yes but when she wrote the book Rutger Hauer was a hell of a lot younger. The other disappointment was Armand, Antonio Bandaras is a great actor but he did not portray the 17 year old body of Armand.

yes,armand was supposed to be this angelic faced pretty boy.antonio was good looking but mot true to the books.

the guy they has in queen of the damned was aweful-too cherubic-chubby little pampered boy face.

maybe chris o'donnell?

Capt Weaver

Dr. Samuel Johnson

yes,armand was supposed to be this angelic faced pretty boy.antonio was good looking but mot true to the books.

Although, in fairness, Armand is not described as a teenager in "Interview." She "youthened" him in "Vampire Lestat" and that became the consistent vision of him (and rightly so). But I remember being vastly surprised when I picked up the second book on its release, way back when, and read the description of Armand as a boy.

Still, all that being said, Banderas was not a match for an older Armand, either, physically! And that's stated with much affection for dear Antonio, who could stand in a corner of the screen, shift his weight every so often, and read from the phone book, and I'd still be a mighty happy girl...