^, <, V

Pew

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I have a two-reale silver coin minted in 1653. It was part of the treasure on the Santa Maria de la Consolacion, which was chased by pirates. The crew sank the boat rather than let the pirates get the treasure. The pirates killed the crew and tried to get at the treasure but one was killed by a shark so they gave up. Three hundred years later, the treasure was salvaged and one of the coins as made into a necklace and given to me at Christmas by Iron Jack.

< Have a musical gig tomorrow at the Prince of Wales Pub in San Mateo.

v Black powder pistol, boarding axe or cutlass?

RHJMap.jpg

^ cutlass, definitely

< watching the rain fall in between posts

\/ weekend plans?

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

^Going to the cottage, "sailing" my battered but refurbished paddle-boat to the pub for lunch on Saturday, driving up to Algonquin Park and picnicing on the East Beach of Lake of Two Rivers on Sunday. (Weather predictions are glorious.)

< Voted in a by-election, and had the dermatologist check my moles today. (I wore my pretty underwear for the event.)

v What are your plans for the weekend? ['S a darn good Q!]

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Friday I am attending a memorial service for a friend who died last year. Satuday I am helping my mate with her costume for the PARENF and then I'm going over to my best friend's house to give him a sound beating on Super Smash Brothers Melee and various other old video games. It's so fun to play video games with a gay man.

< Worrying about first Humanity United (like a GSA) meeting tomarrow.

V Thoughts on Machiavelli?

^ He seemed an interesting fellow, if you mean the condition/term then my psychology class didnt go into it much.

< Wishes he could get to Ojai faire

V Books or Movies? (same a book just in movie format.)(for me books because my imagination is far more creative then what ive seen in films. mostly.)

^ Both! They each fill a different need in my cultural life. Books for when my mind is alert but my senses are tired. Movies for when I want to be bombarded by sound and imagery and just turn the analytical knob on my brain down to "passive".

< Thinking I should cut down on the butter tarts, 'cause I have to shop for a new travel wardrobe in October and the lycra in these jeans is stretched to the creaking point (they just came out of the dryer).

v Would you rather be a houseguest with your in-laws or stay at a nearby hotel?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^would love to be a houseguest at my in-laws. they are just like my own family and i love spending time with them we spend our honeymoon (the week BEFORE) the wedding with them even

<still doesn't know what garb to wear tomorrow

\/sunrises or sunsets?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

^Cruise Director and Shanty Mistress

< Went on a 3 mile hike yesterday ... and discovered on the downhill portions that yes, my knees are over 40, even if the rest of me still thinks I'm 25.

v Fall's approaching this week. Do you have any plans to celebrate the equinox or usher in the new season in some way?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ my 25th birthday - went on a rollerskating date with three guys (yes they all knew about each other) and went to dingman's ferry on the delaware with one of them and a bottle of champagne! mmmmmm

< gearing up for pirate invcasion at parf saturday (attending a wedding on our landlocked pirate ship run agroud before the gates open for the day)

\/favorite movie (doesn't have to be piratical)

IWG #3057 - Local 9

^ Both, they have their times when I need/want to listen to both. (currently been on a sea shanty kick tho.)

< is reading Under The Black flag, about half way done. see the post in twill (sticky)

V If you could make a movie about pyracy in the Golden Age of Pyracy who would you focas on, or would you do a fictional period pyrate movie?

^I'd do a punk-rock musical movie version starring Stuart Townsend, but with ultra-authentic period garb, ships, etc.

FAB9.JPG

<Fighting off a migraine

v How many pirates does it take to change a lightbulb? (Make up your own punchline.)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^Oh, Goddess grace, I even have to answer my own Q! Okay -- FOUR! -- someone from the Captain Twill set to "tut-tut" over how out-of-period lightbulbs are; Pete Straw and Patrick Hand to have a long discussion over how similar in shape light bulbs are to female breasts; and Hester to sigh, get up on a chair, and change the damn thing herself.

<Wondering why no one else likes this thread. And deciding to throw in another gratuitous picture of Stuart Townsend just for the hell of it:

lestat-concrete-glass.jpg

v Do you prefer the sound of the harpsichord or the piano, and why?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ harpsichord, I prefer the sound

< Just dropped anchor in Portland, OR. I got to attend the Portland Pirate fest as well. Not bad for a first year turn-out.

V Ever had the chance to travle abroad? Where'd ya go?

^ Spent some time in Jamaica a few years back. Rented a tiny car and put 450 miles on it driving around the island. Liked Negril the best.

< Will be on the San Francisco Bay this weekend for Fleet Week - woo hoo!

V If you could be a member of any pirate crew, who would you choose?

RHJMap.jpg

^

I would rather be the Captain

< Need desperately to get to any Pirate function

V Could you live for months at sea?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^Yes, I think so. Provided there's plenty of rum & butter tarts on board.

< Really suffering from allergies this morning (that's why I'm up so early). I can't wait until the frost finally kills the ragweed. In the meantime, my nose is running like a tap, and I fear I might drown.

v If you had a time machine, where would you go, and in what period?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ I'd say either Ancient Greece or Rome, or the GAoP.

< I have extreme patience, but a low threshold for stupidity.

V Beer/ Wine/ Adult beverage of choice, etc... Import or Domestic?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ Rum (really), Courvossier, A good dry merlot, shiraz, Beefeater Gin, Grand Mariner, Remmy, Baileys, ooh and Louis Jadot Poully Fuisse..in that order (well, ye asked..)

< my feet are cold

V if ye were a pirate how would ye prefer to go?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...