American Naval History 101...

the Royaliste

..Methinks I'll start puttin' up some naval history moments every so often. October 11 is about as an important a date if'n you are an American as the 4th of July..On October 11, 1776, a small flotilla of rapidly constructed ships led by Benedict Arnold decided that they'd just anchor in the middle of Lake Champlain and take on the larger and vastly superior forces of the Royal Navy in the Battle of Lake Champlain..Musta been outta rum, eh?.. 'Ere's a link.. http://www.historiclakes.org/Valcour/valco...cour_island.htm :lol:

It was shortly after this defeat that Arnold went turncoat fearing the Colonies were doomed to loose. The Limes actually errected a statue to the bugger as a hero.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Took me a minute to see that Arnold was not the guy with the hard to spell last name but then I finally realized who you were tlaking about.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.