Pirates of Treasure Cove

Good day and well met gentiles. This location is blessed by it's origination is here in the pub where Ray serves the ale and friends can be where they are comfortable. We are the Pirates of Treasure Cove an idea sparked by a common need to have fun and do something possitive at the same time while interacting with patrons at local Renaissance faires and Pirate gatherings (festivals). There is nothing better than being with friends, sharing an idea, and watching as it all comes together. Our ideal of which is most common is promoting the importance of reading and sharing booklists to children about the sea, its peoples and pirates. We can too be found in our yahoo group where the gate listing and event signups will take place.

It is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pyrates_of_Treasure_Cove

Now who is there here thats with me?

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

• 5 weeks later...

So! If you hadn't all heard the Pirates of Treasure Cove are being sought after and thow the wee ones aren't being ignored because we cannot go to additional faires and festivals this year we have been asked to add three more faires and four more weekends! Huzzah! in addition to that if you nare at all planning on coming out to the Kornebergh European Festival we will be there set up til faires closing on June 10th weekend. Plus the next two weekends the faire is open till 9:00 pm on each Saturday! stop by and say hey!

I find it very sad that those who eagerly said here at the Pub they wanted to be involved with the group---only to truly show they are not interested.

Yes there is a membership fee - not by our choosing, but by the governing group Miroplex. It's $25.00 per adult and you must be at least 18 years of age.

However, the fee is waived if you are out of state and clearly cannot come to an event/can only come one time during the whole year.

Ok I truly understand some of you not liking Kent, however, he truly has gotten a much better attitude since his new love Cyneful, has changed him. I know some of you pulled out because of difference of opinions with Kent, but he's not the only one in the group.

We have a terrific, but small group of people who work hard to make the group work.

We would love to have more Pub patrons join us at the events we have been doing.

We teach about reading- i.e. learning about pirates, sailors, sailing ships and anything else that deals with that type of learning.

We set out books for the public (not to buy) to look through, we hand out scrolls (age defined) with lists of books that are recommened for reading and learning more.

We do crafts, like decorate paper hats for the kids, or do readings from some of the books if we can get enough kids around.

So please, we'd like to see more of the happy faces here at the Pub be with us, do consider it.

Rumba Rue :lol:

I'm changed I am, I swear it be true! I have my flintlock un loaded and have dulled purposefully me very own cutlass! So I hears ye don't like me being a part o this here endeavor then pm me tell me which event you all want to work and I'll drop off the guild yard stuff on Friday at the event you all want to come to and you can set it all up and take it all down and I'll pick it up on monday and you wont even have to see me.

argh Kent, ye know I be with ye in spirit if not always in person. Due to work and family obligations I be long on available weekend days...but lets chat and see what can be arranged!

Happy sailing te all on board the Pirates of Treasure Cove!

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

Maybe I shouldn't post this, so forgive me if I offend.

Aye mates, I want to plays with you, but as well as RumbaRue knows Corona be nothing short of hell. Tom doesn't treat participants well. The dates of the event are horrible considering the weather during that time. I did 2 of Tom's events and both times I was amazed at his ill treatment of volunteer participants. My money and time are too valuable to feel cheated at one of Tom's event. In short, I won't be participating at any of Tom's events.

Already living in a hot as hell place, don't want to work it.

~BHP

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

good sir, if you can wrangle my pass ahead of time for me, then I will see you on the first saturday of pirate faire in the evening after my commitments to work. I would love to be there with on sunday as well. Mayhap I can guarente a hansome tall pirate in a kilt to be part of the clan if he can be gatelisted as well???eh?

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

• 4 weeks later...