Gas prices!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a lotta fun and a real head turner., :)

I am getting 20mph Highway which is not to good for a motorcycle.,and whats worse is only 14 in town., but its got an 8.5 gallon tank under the 260 MPH speedo. Its alot easier to ride than you may think.,itsa 2speed power glide with park.,reverse.,neutral.,Drive and low. The power is endless and more than I can believe even still.

Rich002.jpg

:lol::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh: :huh::huh:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Lady B I must say YES! YES! AND YES!!!!! To all you said in your post! I just forked out $2.89 on my way home from work for gas,(center of NC) I drive 65 miles a day to a job I LOVE and I am looking at having to quit due to the fact it is costing me more to drive than I make ,almost. Problem number two is that I live WAY OUT in the sticks and it is a 30 min drive to the nearest large town (pop 1,500) and there are no jobs there cus I live in textile and furniture land and all of our good jobs have been sent to China.(THANKS BUSH!!) 4,500 lay offs in ONE area near me in the past year. My biz I run at home has been affected due to shipping costs going up , when is it going to end?!? Like you, I have sent mail to every blackhearted buracRAT I can think of.......notthing. So as we are "hung out to dry" and "raped" by the oil company I sit back and think..........maby getting a horse again isn't a bad idea, I could get a work out, have someone to talk to, and it is at this point CHEEPER!!!! :angry: Harbor Master has the rite idea too...IRON HORSE! And as far as the events I do this summer...AHHHHHHHHH...sooooooo mad ....looks like the Pepsi Tall Ship Race, maby Hampton Roads, and that is it other than taking my son to the coast to fish in Aug. PIP is OUT of the question this year . (I dont fly well....we drive down from NC)

"If you would have fought like men you would not die like dogs!" Anne Bonney

Women who behave rarely make history! - unknown

"SAFETY MEETING!!!!" Capt. Mason

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of black powder!!!!!

"If pro is the opposite of con, then is Congress the opposite of progress?"... Russel Means - Oglala Souix

Russell Means for President!!! Wouldnt the government just LOVE that. And the sad thing is his words are very true.....If you want a good read...Where White Men Fear to Tread....the story of Russell Means, and why that statement you posted is more true than people think is in his book. (As I do a Jingle Dance around the room) I got to speek with him for about 15 min during the filming of Last of the Mohec. and it was one of the most amazing conversations I have had with any one!

:::nods:: I hear ya, PyrateWench. Having been sick is both a curse and a blessing. For if I stayed in college at the moment I'd have to worry about enough gas money to get me to college, work and a over to my sister's to assist with her twirps in the morning (since she starts classes mostly before I do).

PiP is pushing it for me this year. I'm attempting to figure out how to go to these events when it once cost me $40 roundtrip on gas to go to events that were 6 hours away. Now... it's costing me over $100 roundtrip! That's A LOT for someone who doesn't have lots of money.

:) :::hands a bottle of rum to PyrateWench::: I'm a Republican... but DAMN.. even I think this is beyond rediculous!

Maybe we should demonstrate in the streets like the Immigrants did with the Immigration Bill.

:angry:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Currently $2.65 here... however.. wouldn't be surprised if it goes up tomorrow. :blink:

:lol:

We stay on the East Side Of San Diego closer to La Mesa.Our truck is a v8 but she's great on gas and we make enough cash flow between the two of us working that we do well better than most.

AICCbloody1.jpg

"Not all men seek rest and peace, some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."Ivory Coast Cutthroats?P1.gif

:::nods:: I hear ya, PyrateWench. Having been sick is both a curse and a blessing. For if I stayed in college at the moment I'd have to worry about enough gas money to get me to college, work and a over to my sister's to assist with her twirps in the morning (since she starts classes mostly before I do).

PiP is pushing it for me this year. I'm attempting to figure out how to go to these events when it once cost me $40 roundtrip on gas to go to events that were 6 hours away. Now... it's costing me over $100 roundtrip! That's A LOT for someone who doesn't have lots of money.

:) :::hands a bottle of rum to PyrateWench::: I'm a Republican... but DAMN.. even I think this is beyond rediculous!

Maybe we should demonstrate in the streets like the Immigrants did with the Immigration Bill.

:rolleyes:

...Takes long draw off of rum.....Hands Lady B a FINE bottle of Meade for her to try.......

Well I am not a member of any party.....looking for one that can get the job done. But we are stuck with what we have! (sigh) and I just payed $2.98 a gallon this morning! Wanted to come back to the house load up the guns and cause black powder harm!!!!! THIS IS INSANE!!!!!!!!

.....Takes one more drink of LadyB's fine rum and hands it back. (THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD :lol::lol: )

Yes it is going to be a long summer with less festivals and beach time. I JUST WANT TO GO FISHING AND SAIL A BIT!!!

I drive a Dodge Durango. I also have horses. I also attend Ren Faires. I have a lot of crap to haul about, regardless of the event. It is convenient to have such a large vehicle to transport my crap from point A to point B, but it galls the bejeezus out of me to pay $50 a tankfull. If sweet crude oil were indeed over $100 per barrel, I could see the pump prices. But the current crude price does not warrant the pump prices we're burdened with!! We're being screwed, Mr. and Mrs. America. And we're not even being afforded a courtesy reach-around. :lol:

Your Kindly Libertarian American Indian Wild-Eyed Pyrate!!!!,

~ MJ

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I just read a news article about the Iranian pres. sayin that the crude prices are way below what the value is, and if the "west" doesn't back off the nuclear confrontation, the 2.5 million barrels a day they eport will become a playing card in this. Get ready for that $100 a barrel boys and girls. Then corporate America will be charging us $6.oo a gal.

Just let me know when you've all had enough and want to start over... patiently waiting for the next Lexington/Concord days. :)

Capt. Bo

With all that bilge the damned Iranian "president" has been spewing of late, his whole friggin' country should be a glowing glass factory, and not a moment too soon. Modern drills can pierce a quarter-mile thick crust of nuclear glass (very brittle), so what's the bloody problem?!

And please, don't dredge up the "fossill fuel" argument. It's specious at best, and completely unprovable. It is a renewable resource. The bloody dinosaurs had little or nothing to do with the process. :lol::o

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Ok.. Nice bike Harbormaster! Eye was thinkin ..vespa?? For my self. Tyme to park the jeep, but wait~ it's cold in the morning~Oderlesseye whines BBBUURRR! So he fills his jeep for $30.00 and totals at near $80.00-$90.00 monthly. At least I dont have to put milk in it. :o

The island thing- ok I did think to sell my house and Get the one for $200,000 but then I thought about storm surge and some sort of employment and God knows all the hoops to jump through.. Well I guess I jest pump more gas...Burp!

As to the immagrant thing, my opinion is that ifen they are so proud of thier country to fly a Mexican flag in the United States ~ Then go home!And how come I don't hear Legal immagrants complainin about those who would "take cuts" in front of those trying to get here legally?

There are alot of folks who are separated from the rest of their family waiting in line. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I hear you all...

BO! :::Raises hand::: I am SOOO there! Not really pissed horribly at the Government, just annoyed with them that they are dinkin' around... it's those damned fools of Corporate America (and elsewhere) that are doing the age old stupid trick!

Didn't the East Indian Trading Company do the same? Profit big time on bad things like piracy, lost ships, conquering foreign lands in the name of England? Sad, really.

But, Aye, Bo... I'm ready to put my foot down on all this. I'm not living the American Dream but would like to.

I hear ya all. Filling up my gas tank around $50 a week... YIKES! It adds up! Yes, all... I'm no fibbing. It's not cheap in rural America when you have to drive a long distance to various places. I feel sorry and can sympathize for those who do the same.

Even donating plasma to help add a wee bit more money to the rising gas.

It went up the other day to $2.74... and are expecting them to go up further this spring... though they lie and say it will go down. HA!

Unfortunately, I had to cancel 2 events already (though will barely be able to do Port Washington)... I don't know if I will be able to do a lot this year event wise.. and the way Gas is... so much for going to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest at least 20 times (like I did with Curse of the Black Pearl)! I can't afford that much! It's insane!

I don't want to be paying a lot for gas... cause,... well.. I CAN'T AFFORD IT!

why do I have a vehicle then? Only way (besides walking around 15 + miles a day) for me to get around. Cedar Rapids is NOT as small as Colonial Williamsburg. If cities were that small again... or if trains returned into use... other other means of transportation that will keep the American on our hectic schedules... aye, I wouldn't mind having to keep the Jeep for traveling.

Yup, Mad Jack... I hear ya. For those who haul horses around ...it is pricy. Shoot! We just may be using them again the rate we are going with the gas prices!

Reason being that there is a large stock of crap in warehouses is cause no one can afford to buy a lot any more due to gas prices! I constantly hear of businesses fighting not to raise prices.

We are in a crisis here, all! I'd say if the Government is not going to do anything... it's time that THE PEOPLE put our foot down and say ENOUGH!

But yeah... it's hard.

I was hoping to go on a trip for my Birthday... and now... I can't... (not just illness thing, but another trip to replace that)... I can't due to gas prices being so high. :o

I may be able to go to Port Washington and PiP this year.. and that may be it cause I just haven't the money to travel. These events were what kept me sane and happy.. they were my vacations. My weekend get aways. Nice and lovely that those greedy bastards ruin them!

True enough, Oderlesseye...

Most of our ancenstors came over here legally.

The Legal Immagrants came here with passports to work and all...working towards Citizenship. I praise those folks. Those who come here illegally... they need to work towards the same.

:lol:

Mad_Jack Wrote:

With all that bilge the damned Iranian "president" has been spewing of late, his whole friggin' country should be a glowing glass factory, and not a moment too soon.

I agree with that statement entirely.Any nation who tosses up garbage like that should be "A glowing glass factory."The problems with Iran dates back to the 70's and they are just as hateful now as ever before.

I mean how many times have we seen our flag burned in their streets?Minor to some but a big insult to this man and his family.The funny thing while we are at it is all these countries scream about how much they hate the USA but whenever any of them are in some kind of trouble who do they cry to for help?

oderlesseye Wrote:

True enough, Oderlesseye...

Most of our ancenstors came over here legally.

The Legal Immagrants came here with passports to work and all...working towards Citizenship. I praise those folks. Those who come here illegally... they need to work towards the same

I also agree with this statement entirely as well.I don't mind anyone coming over here as long as they do it like everyone else has.My family came over here in the 20's from Sicily.{Mothers father}My grandfather was a US Marine most of his life and fought in WW1&2.

My father was in the Navy and his side of the family hails from Scotland.

I don't see anything wrong with being proud of your heritage,but this is America first and foremost so be proud of both.After all that one of the things that makes this country great.I consider anyone sneaking into our country to be cutting corners.My wifes mexican/chinese,both her parents gained their right to live here the right and legal way and are happy and proud for doing so.

On a personal note:I try to stir clear from politcal threads because it can get real nasty sometimes.So that's my two cents worth.

AICCbloody1.jpg

"Not all men seek rest and peace, some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."Ivory Coast Cutthroats?P1.gif