Post a quote me hearty's!

It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one's dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent.

[W. Somerset Maugham]

AICCbloody1.jpg

"Not all men seek rest and peace, some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."Ivory Coast Cutthroats?P1.gif

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

[Arthur Schopenhauer]

AICCbloody1.jpg

"Not all men seek rest and peace, some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."Ivory Coast Cutthroats?P1.gif

Lying increases the creative faculties, expands the ego, and lessens the frictions of social contacts.

[Clare Booth Luce]

AICCbloody1.jpg

Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.

[Donald Trump]

AICCbloody1.jpg

"Foreigners cannot enjoy our food, I suppose, any more than we can enjoy theirs. It is not strange; for tastes are made, not born. I might glorify my bill of fare until I was tired; but after all, the Scotchman would shake his head, and say, 'Where's your haggis?' and the Fijan would sigh and say, 'Where's your missionary?'" ~ Mark Twain

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

^Twain is one of me favorites amongst many other yes.^

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

[J. R. R. Tolkien]

AICCbloody1.jpg

"I think," said the Major, taking his pipe from his mouth, "that desire is the most wonderful thing in life. Anybody who can really feel it, is a king, and I envy nobody else!"

The Jewess looked at him stupefied. "But Charles!" she cried. "Every common low man in Halifax feels nothing else!"

He again took the pipe from his mouth. "That's merely appetite," he said.

Excerpt, "The Virgin and the Gipsy~ D.H. Lawrence

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

They were all fine sailing days, but unfortunately they were only ideal for sailing in the wrong direction

Another smooth escape designed as a dramatic exit

And from the Horatio Hornblower show on A & E,

Never judge a ship by its guns, but by the skill of its crew

Who wants to volunteer for the nice little job of carrying the explosives?

Tis better to earn loyalty then to demand it

I feel the family quotes are the best to live by especially when it's someone that's already lived their life in full.

The farther behind I leave the past, the closer I am to forging my own character.

{Isabelle Eberhardt }

AICCbloody1.jpg

When you meet your antagonist, do everything in a mild and agreeable manner. Let your courage be as keen, but at the same time as polished, as your sword.

[Richard Brinsley Sheridan]

AICCbloody1.jpg