Ships

CaptConal

• 3 weeks later...

It would depend on yer crew size and tactics, Capt. Do ye want a vessel that ye can sneak into coastal inlets? Or do ye have enough guns and fearsome blokes that ye fear naught the Royal Navy has to offer? On what size vessels will ye prey?

:ph34r:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

In addition to what is stated above, it would also depend on what was available. You mention it's a new captain, but how did he get to be captain? Was it a mutiny? In that case, whatever boat he was on would be his vessel, whether it's a fat merchantman, or a naval sloop. If a pirate be starting from a port, then he'd have a little more choice. However, he may have nothing but a fishing schooner and a tough crew with knives and swords. I've also heard of coastal pirates who had nothing but a row boat. They'd go onboard a vessel at anchor and steal cargo, then row back to shore and sell the booty on the black market. It really does depend on a lot of factors.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

One tactic pirates who had more than one ship and the sufficient crew to accomplish this, they would use a larger ship that would be not so heavily armed in favor of more booty they could carry and one smaller and swift ship for plundering other ships as well as defense against pirates trying to take their booty.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

One tactic pirates who had more than one ship and the sufficient crew to accomplish this, they would use a larger ship that would be not so heavily armed in favor of more booty they could carry and one smaller and swift ship for plundering other ships as well as defense against pirates trying to take their booty.

Ironically, the Columbia and Lady Washington did that same thing when they sailed from Boston to the west coast.... B) mmmmm....

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg