Pay Me My Money Down

Black Deacon

Anyone have the lyrics.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Several Groups sing it. Inlcuding the Corsairs.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Here's a version I found on Mudcat.

PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN

cho: Pay me, Oh pay me,

Pay me my money down,

Pay me or go to jail !

Pay me my money down.

I thought I heard the captain say,

Pay me my money down,

"Tomorrow is our sailing day."

Pay me my money aown.

The very next day we cleared the bar,

He knocked me down with the end of a spar,

I wish I was Mr. Howard's son,

Sit in the house and drink good rum.

I wish I was Mr. Steven's son,

Sit on the bank and watch the work done.

Hope this helps.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Thanks

--------------

sig1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I just returned from the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, which is about one-third pirate these days, and bought two CDs of music; the 2002 Finale in Song CD, and the 2003 Songs of Sea Farin' and Wenches (okay, that's not the real title, but I'll give ya the skinny when I fish it outta my ditty bag). On that second CD there is a spirited rendition of "Pay Me Money Down" but don't look for it on the playlist. It appears as a secret 15th track.

As of right now, the CDs aren't being sold on their website PARENFAIRE as yet, but the Faire just ended today (10/26), so that may change soon. Both CD's are excellent, IMPO (in my pyratical opinon), and worth repeated listenings.

:huh: