loose it or you loose it all

Rummy3

I mean when you get a message like that from a seemingly nice guy that you used to date. What does it really mean? Is it to be taken as a threat of some type? If you received a message like that, what on earth would be the right response? I need insight! B)

Um...

I assume he meant to say 'lose' not 'loose'?

And if so, which translation corresponds to his request?

"drop it or lose it all" as in "stop speaking about a particular subject or you'll lose everything".

"Get rid of something in your possession or lose the rest."

It's hard to say wihtout understanding the context.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I would have to know the person in question and I would have to know the context. I would also have to understand the situtation from both fronts. Since I don't, and I doubt anyone here could honestly claim to themselves, apart from you and him, any advice you get from the pirates you barely know here might be poor advice indeed.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I can do nothing less than concur with William's statement. Though, I would go so far as to say, that if the person in question is of an unsteady nature, perhaps you should look into legal protection matters.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Well, I am thinking that i should just fall back on my favorite words to live by, and "Rise above it" I let him badger me and threaten me for so long that he must have felt that a message like that could make me give in to him again. Words are only words. After so long together, he obviously knows how to use them to hurt. The good news is that my husband-to-be would handle it "like a man" as he puts it, if i was ever harassed like this in person. B) Enough, I can't let him be a bother~

I let him badger me and threaten me for so long that he must have felt that a message like that could make me give in to him again.

What a sissy bastard he must be. What other kind of a person would threaten or badger a woman. I dont really know what else to say.

I too cannot give advice., other than stay away from people who would like to control you., If you need controlled., then they have a problem usually., its called insecurity., I.E. and emotional loser .,physcotic.,ect.,ect.

Its usually pretty easy to spot.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I'm being rather serious here... Stacy talking here rather than the wicked Lady Barbossa...

I'd say what has happened had some nasty effects upon the both of you. True enough, the both of you hurt, etc... but if you both dwell upon what happened it will only make you both incredibly bitter... not just at each other but towards everyone around you.

Forgive each other and yourself, tis the only way to drop it. As long as you hang onto the issue ... it will destroy you.

I've seen too many people hurt and destroyed that way. I've had the same thing happen before to myself.

::: hugs ::: And, as bold as I am, unfortunately, it's become noticable on the Pub here.

Take care, m'dears. Wouldn't want the both of ya thrown out nor vicious to the point of starved and abused dogs. I don't mean you both have to be friends once more, but at least tolerate to the point that neither one of ya will be effected by the hurt. It is possible.

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I still say threats to a woman are pathetic

gotcha_sucker.jpg

I am going with Mad Jack on this one. Many woman have been threatened and simply wrote it off., Then something went wrong.., why wait for that to happen?

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Not to worry, sometimes when dealing with someone erratic like this, we all tend to get lost. ;) His next PM said that I cannot play where he lives or plays and ta ta - so maybe he is implying that he is going to leave me alone now. :lol:

Okay, I don't see how:

I mean when you get a message like that from a seemingly nice guy that you used to date. What does it really mean? Is it to be taken as a threat of some type? If you received a message like that, what on earth would be the right response? I need insight!

and:

I let him badger me and threaten me for so long that he must have felt that a message like that could make me give in to him again. Words are only words. After so long together, he obviously knows how to use them to hurt.

Seem incongruous. Is he a nice guy or a threat? Did the PM/badgering/threatening happen on this forum? If so, I'd contact the moderators or admins directly. I don't see how discussing it in public will help the situation, might only make it worse. If the PM was on another forum, maybe their admins/moderators could help. :lol: