back yard pirate cove, piratical decor

oderlesseye

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P1010899.jpg

Now I have added the rope lashings around the footings and support posts. Eye was surprised ....It took nearly 200 ft. of 3/4" rope .

now to save for the mural... If any of ye would like to help ..I am looking for an image to use for that project... I am looking into doing it myself with an overhead projector and a tranparantcy or hiring a local artist. I couldn't retain Don Maitz. He too high end for my pocket book.

This is my wish list.

1) Saloon doors to hide the washer and drier DonE !

2) bow of wooden boat 8' tall to stand up.

3) 4ft. tall lighthouse from the light house man

4) ships in a bottle

5) hidden stereo for shanties

6) more foliage

7) A mural on the garage door

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Thanx Rumba.... we'll be there the second week-end ( Sat )

wit Stranglehold.

Funny the washing detergent is "Tide" :lol:

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Oderlesse..ifn you lived close to me I could of helped you to do the mural. What kind of scene you looking for? You are on the right track with a projector. If you cannot afford that there is always the old method of squares and then freehand the design in to each of the squares from a smaller pic, like we did back in the old school days...lol

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

P1010900.jpg

this is the infamous "white spot that needs some art IE Mural...

Noquarter2copy.jpg

This is a little bit of work but it is something you can do yourself using the art you find on line.......for my project I found large pirate book covers and movie posters on line ...downloaded them...might be piracy< I think...lol......I then printed them on my home printer, cut them out and applied them to posterboard with Modpodge.....I put on a coat of modpodge and while it was wet laid on the pictures and then applied an overall coat of modpodge...it drys within an hour and is ready to mount....I framed mine and put it on my dressor for now.

Just an Idea which might work for you in some way.

Best

King's Pyrate.

modpodge02b.jpg

KP that came out very nicely (applause heard in background :P ). I love decopaging myself. I have used Victorian stickers to do a collage on the sides of a narrow bookshelf and then varnished over.

Thank You...I recon the varnish would add to the texture and give it a weather proof finish.....I do the same thing of pirate chests...works fine for me

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really glad you did all this, I'm in love with it and it gives me lots of ideas for my pirate bar/cove I'd like to make. The only thing is I live in a apartment so I can't really do anything major to the walls and floor like paint but I'll think of something.

It is looking good Eye. Definitely a fun place for a gathering of the dressed to kill B) Its sure come a long way since the beginning of thrad. Congrats sir B)

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Silent, sigh it's tough being a renter isnt' it...I am too. But I thought about your comment and also I was thinking about seriously doing Decorative Painting when I either quit (ha ha ha :lol: ) or retire :huh: and was thinking what I could use as portfolio material and I was thinking about painting mural scenes on a big peice of plywood. You could apply this concept as well. Paint something on a large panel and move it against the wall you want...take it with you later, plus no damage to the walls...VOILA!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

wow... that is a pyratical cove u've created tharrrr

Cap'n John and I just bought a house.. we arr currently renovating...

the house is a pale yellow siding.. so we arr gonna have the roof shingled in charcoal grey with black eaves.. red front and back door and we have all sorts of pirate paraphernalia to add in as well... the porch will be painted up black and white.. etc... we have custom cut out of skull and crossbones that our house numbers go on etc...

should be a lovely pirate's inland abode when we arr done...

i'm sure it will give the neighbours something to aspire to as well... lol

:D:huh:

~QM Seika Hellbound~

We ain't no stinking Parrots!!!"

piratepenguins.gif

Oderlesseye tips his tricorn to Pirate Seika and wishes ye well in yar new endevor..we found an Artist to do the mural but at the moment he seems to be

having some other bussiness to deal with before he can get to us... car broke down... family and himself have the flu...

Oderlesseye taps his foot///. ////.Waiting..for the Artiste'

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Cap'n John and I just bought a house.. we arr currently renovating...

the house is a pale yellow siding.. so we arr gonna have the roof shingled in charcoal grey with black eaves.. red front and back door and we have all sorts of pirate paraphernalia to add in as well... the porch will be painted up black and white.. etc... we have custom cut out of skull and crossbones that our house numbers go on etc...

should be a lovely pirate's inland abode when we arr done...

i'm sure it will give the neighbours something to aspire to as well... lol

Pirate Seika/Cptn John, congratulations! I know that feeling of grand ideas of decorating. I am going through the exact same phase myself. My house is, unfortunately, pink vinyl siding a la John Mellencamp's song "Pink Houses, and I am on a mission from God to change it to an olve green grey. I was driving around Sarasota, Fl. and I found this lovely little house (which is almost identical to my house) which I am basing my color scheme on, it looks very tropical.

HOUSE-COLOR2.jpg

As for my back yard (this photo is my yard in NJ, not the sarasota house above), I am today dealing with the nor'easter deluge, which is creating flooding problems in the yard. I am deciding whether to remove the moat or not. TYhe yard needs a lot of work before I can "pyratize" or put up a tiki hut:

yard4A.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

Matusalem,

Just a thought here when I saw the water in the backyard. Dig out the backyard put in a giant pond with islands, reefs, ports, maybe even some sharks with laser beams attached to there heads (Oops wrong movie), and such, then add scaled down remote controlled sailing ships with small cannons and have sea battles. What say ye? B)

:ph34r:

NVBarbossa

P.S. okay how about some evil tempered seabass instead?

"AND the scantilly clad females....can't be forgettin them"

No, Patrick, no!!!!!

This is Northern New Jersey (Sopranos country)....you do not, under any circumstances, want Venus De Milo statues. I'd look like all my gangster neighbors if I did!However Live ones always welcome!!!!!!....and I happen to have 'no dress' :(:D

SHIP2-1.jpg

you do not, under any circumstances, want Venus De Milo statues.

Who said anything 'bout statues ? :(

O' course..... in Northern New Jersey, they might not be as scantily clad during Winter tho..... Poor things would freeze thier...... well youknowwhats off in Winter.......

Oderlesseye, did yer artist ever show, or is he lost at sea?

The Artiste' has shown up and we have him booked/contracted for the last week of May...

I will be tearing down everything to accommadate the painting.. both walls will be treated in different ways...The primary wall will be the mural and the other wall will look like stone and wood... So it will be coming to fuition soon.

It's all gonna look different than before.. Good bye BLue -green walls!

The cool thing is that ifen eye ever move i can takie the primary piece of art with me/ the part thats mounted on the roll=up door.

Noquarter2copy.jpg