The Pyrates Way

• 2 weeks later...

It might NOT be pyratical, but we plan to have a 95th memorial anniversary of the loss of the Titanic in the Spring 2007 issue of The Pyrates Way. If you have information, interest or any history with the ship, the passengers, the crew, or the shipyard, please let us know. . .thanx!

The Pyrates Way is more than pyrates. . .it's the Caribbean. . . it's things nautical. . . it's treasure hunting. . . it's wenches in leather!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just for the record Bilgemunky and others, since she didn't really want to be known, Booty IS our new Administrator. Bloody Buckets needed help and handed this site over to her.

So the cat's out of the bag now Booty- I did warn you to introduce yourself... :)

...um...

...the sense of security I have right about now is registering in the low single-digits... :o

...with all due respect, Booty, since I'm not acquainted with you at all (I'm merely a peon here) I can't say how to run things...I'm sure you have good reasons for being the Invisible Admin...

...but your comment about "not doing politics", although it gladdens my heart, leaves me a bit confused. A nonpolitical administrator? How do you accomplish your work? - you can't possibly run this board all by yourself; you need at least a few people to help and you need to contact folk such as hosting companies, advertisers, etc. Therein lies politics.

Please don't take these comments as an attack - your seamless presence has so far been fine and dandy with ME - just wondered at the lurking style, is all. :o

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

why do I see this as being nothing more than a pirate themed "Maxim" magazine?...

LOL!

Actually, if they're targeting the same audience (college aged, middle- to upper-income background, male), then they have a large field in which to play. Personal opinion - I just don't see the numbers, although I have not done the research for that...

...but if they're as successful as Maxim, Neptune bless 'em.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

• 2 weeks later...

AHA . . .therein lies the quandry. . . the Pyrate marketplace. . .but who's also got interest in such things besides the basic Pyrate Enthusiast?

Boaters

Fans of Jimmy Buffett

RenFest folks

Anyone enjoying the Maritime, Nautical, or Naval/Coast Guard worlds

Scuba Divers/Ship Divers

Rummies

Weapon Collectors

Tattooed People

Fans of Tall Ships

Fans of Johnny Depp

People fond of wearing leather (not just pyrates)

etc. . .

The list of readers goes on and on. . . . and the magazine will cater to all these folks and more. All of these subjects overlap just a tad and the crossover of enthusiasts has allowed us to get advertisers in all kinds of product lines, from yacht sales to iron hook artesians.