Dread Pirate Fans

Bilgemunky

I was just talking with a representative from Front Porch Classics, and he mentioned that this summer will see the release of two more pirate games - League of Pirates, and Dread Pirate: Buccaneer's Revenge! If these are anywhere near the quality of Dread Pirate, then these will be incredible games, I'll wager!

I should be getting photos and more info soon, and will share as soon as I do.

:D

I AM BILGEMUNKY

YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY MONTH!!! WE PLAY DREAD PYRATE AT FAIR AS A RAIN GAME!!!!!!Oh PLEASE let me know what you find out!!!!!!!! (Doing goofy dance around puter table)

"If you would have fought like men you would not die like dogs!" Anne Bonney

Women who behave rarely make history! - unknown

"SAFETY MEETING!!!!" Capt. Mason

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of black powder!!!!!

Anyone played Master & Commander by these folks?

http://www.frontporchclassics.com/_adventu.../masterbook.php

Looks sort of like a variant on Dread Pirate (at least in terms of the physical game bits) but with wind and damage rules instead of collecting treasure. They have a pdf of the rule book available at the above page.

• 3 weeks later...

As promised:

leagueofpirates_thumb.jpg

League of Pirates:

From the world of Dread Pirate - Front Porch Classics' highly successful and award wining Coffee Table Game - comes League of Pirates, a fast paced game of cut throat action. In this game players compete to place the best pirates onto their respective ships. Players can "recruit", "press gang" or even "raid" for the pirates they need. Game comes with over 40 unique and beautifully illustrated pirate coins suitable for collecting. A two player game for ages eight and up. Estimated retail price is $20.00 to $25.00.

dreadpirate_thumb.jpg

Discovery Edition Dread Pirate: Buccaneer's Revenge

In this rousing game of cut throat action we've taken the best elements of the highly successful Dread Pirate game and thrown in some new twists. Each player now partakes in specific missions which help them collect booty and navigate the treacherous seas. Action cards introduce a whole new series of pirate engagements and adventure. For 2 to 4 players. Estimated retail price is $20.00 to $25.00.

You can view larger images by clicking the thumbnails at Bilgemunky.com.

I AM BILGEMUNKY