Blackbeard's Ship

Fell asleep during the last 1/2( a long day), though I was taping it.

It was interesting that the location map showed Beaufort inside the

Pamlico Sound...near Bath/Little Washington.  Heavens to Betsy...no wonder the QAR ran aground!

The area where BB sunk the QAR is out in the sound about a 30min ride from Beaufort by boat. Beaufort is on Taylors Creek and what is present day was not there during that time....but to get in and out of the sound was not as it is today. The inlet sholes shut with a good storm. Plus he ran her aground on purpose, not by chance. It was an OK program but would have liked to have seen them address more REAL history.

"If you would have fought like men you would not die like dogs!" Anne Bonney

Women who behave rarely make history! - unknown

"SAFETY MEETING!!!!" Capt. Mason

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of black powder!!!!!

I had stopped by the QAR repository/exhibit this July & had just missed the Deep Sea production crew by 30 minutes. David Moore of the museum was envious, and happy, of the of the good visibility that they had.

The new Teach's Hole museum/shop is now open, & they still want me to built a QAR for them. Tis in the works, but will be in dry dock for a while since I will be doing 3 ships-n-bottles demos per day at the Pepsi America Sail in Beaufort. Their life-sized Blackbeard figure is impressive. The head was made by a forensic artist in NYC with each hair individually placed. The coat was made in Charleston. They originally had a cutlass made, but it was too heavy for the arm. In fact, it fell out and hit one of the owners in the head. They are now using a lighter actor's cutlass.