Where exactly be pirates?

sixtyseven

Since I live here in San Diego, where the most momentous pirate battle of recent history took place in late January, I started wondering just where pirates were, are, and will be in the future. Didn't Bluebeard bury treasure on the North Carolina Outer Banks? And what's the story with the Barbary Coast in San Fransisco? Did pirates sail around tierra del fuego? Also, how much of the Caribbean was frequented by pirates? And when did that stop (if it in fact ever did)?

Where can we find real pirates today? Thailand? Do ATF pirates operate between Florida and Cuba?

sixtyseven.. I have posted two books that can answer a lot of these questions. One is from the world illustrated history.. it is simply called "pirates". The other is " under the Black Flag.... by David Cordingly Both of these are excellent sources of information and can answer every question you have just asked.... The Capt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sixty-seven, pirates always have been, and always will be! They are everywhere and always have been, ever since man first set to sea.

But, ye dinna want to meet the real ones! :huh:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 2 weeks later...

sixty seven said;

Where can we find real pirates today? Thailand?

I myself like to play a nice, fun,rough and happy fantasy pirate-but the real ones are something pretty scary you don't ever want to come across unless you be packing some pretty heavy firepower,preferably fully auto

:)

if your looking to find some of the real ones,a good place to look is in the waters about north africa and the red sea-those places are notorious for taking any nice little unarmed/lightly armed vessel that they happen upon.

you can encounter real pirates anywhere the water is and the ruling powers tread lightly.

capt Weaver

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

• 2 weeks later...

Yer absolutely correct, Capt. Waever.

'Tis fun to play the fantasy game with our pyrate brethren who are long gone for Davy Jones' locker, but let us never lose sight of the fact that real world pirates were (and are today) often some of the most contemptible bastards around.

I wouldn't want to get within a nautical mile of them, and if I did, I'd fain swap a chest o' rubies and emeralds for a .50 caliber heavy machine gun mounted on me gunwales!

Capt, William

<_<

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"