Want to see something spooky?

Blackfoot

Okay, here is the scenario. A guy is screwing around with a video recorder at a graveyard in the early morning hours. He hears some moaning or crying. He starts to track the crying noise. when he finally reaches it, he can see a girl sitting on a grave from a distance. He turns on the recorder and starts to film. As you watch it, you can hear the moaning noises continue coming from the girl. The film is grainy, but you can see the image of the girl if you look carefully. Fake? Who knows. It is spooky though.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/ghostgirl.html

signature4.jpg]

Night vision lighting reacts strongly with the retina of eye. Makes a nice glowing effect. Given that the girl was in darkness, then looked immediately into the light, her pupils would have been dilated, enhancing the "demon eyes" effect.

Now, if she'd levitated and spouted gutteral epithets in Aramaic, then I'd say they'd gotten something.

I admit to watching "Most Haunted", but I do get tired of "investigators" soiling themselves every time someone scuffs their feet. :huh::ph34r:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

My mom loves the Most Haunted show... or as she calls them, the Scaredy Cat Brits. Now, I believe in ghosts, so the one episode got me. I forget where they were, but the lady was asking the spirit to give them a sign it was there, and they heard a banging sound. She asked it to make the sound again, to make sure it was a ghost. Another bang, louder. She asked it again (which I think was just pushing it) and it started dropping things on their heads.

I also liked the one where the tv went on by itself and all the guys started jumping behind one another and screaming.

Well. if to only offer me own experience... A group of me mates were touring St. Augustine Fort some 25 years ago. We entered the Chapel area, and decided to hop the stantions and travel the long (150 metre) hallway to the old cloisters. About midway through, we were passed by a monk, clad in brown broadcloth or wool, an as we turned to watch him pass, he vanished. Dissapated, as it were, into the thin air. There was not other available exit, and we all had our eyes on him to see if he'd alert the docents. He just "melted" into the sunbeams. We turn about and ran from the place, all 6 of us exclaiming how utterly cold we were. The date was June 16th, 1981. I've no evidence beyond me own words. But that's the truth of it, and I'll stake me own life on it's veracity.

I WILL RAISE THE SAFETY BARRRR! :lol:

The "ghost girl" video is fake. Fake fake fake. As someone who does paranormal investigations for people, I can tell you that those of us that take it seriously do not scream like little kids when activity occurs. His buddies were trying to get him, and they sure did! It's actually really funny.

Mad Jack, that's an amazing story about the monk - I don't doubt it for a minute.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Hmm...

I think this thread will take an interesting turn....

How many folks here do Paranornal Investigations? *Raises hand*

Aye Joshua, I see yer hand... Who else?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

It's not something I actively do, but was involved in one way back in college - taking a class called something like "Subjects in the Paranormal" and someone had called the instructor claiming her house was haunted.

Turned out most of her "spirits" came out of a bottle: some liquor bottles, some pill bottles...

sig2.jpg

I always found it to be an interesting subject, but never dabbled further than that. I watch the T.A.P.S. people on Ghost Hunters, which is cool! And I admit to have done a few ghost chasing of my own with friends. Going to places that are said to be haunted and seeing what happens. But who hasn't done that ever in their lifetime.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

OK, not something I care to discuss just anywhere... but I had something very strange happen in the Smoky Mountains on my way back to Charleston S.C. I was in the Navy and had been on leave, was returning to base and was driving my old truck in the mountains very late/early in the wee hours. I spotted a man in the most remote area I could imagine, no houses for the pat several miles, and i didn't come across any driveways or mailboxes for several miles after this "incident"

Here goes the way it happened: I spotted this guy walking down the highway in the opposite lane going the same direction as me, and being armed, I decided to ask if he needed any help. I pulled off on the shoulder and called to him because he had'nt aknowledged my presence. He did respond when I asked if he was allright, and did he need help?

He turned and looked at me and was obviously shook-up and disoriented, started to speak very low and shakily and said; "I..I..think I crashed my plane... I'm lost!"

I didn't have any "bad vibes" and offered him a ride. He thanked me and I told him to climb in. He was standing about six feet away from the truck, and started to go round behind, I assumed to get in. I had my foot on the brake, so the light should have illuminated him when walking behind the truck... but I never saw him again! After several seconds went by and I didn't see him in the mirror or hear him, and he didn't make the passenger side door, I grabbed my pistol and shut off my truck and went looking to see if he'd passed out or fell down.

I had a good flashlight and couldn't see anything or anyone, and the terrain was such that he couldn't have gotten out of sight that fast. I called out several times and got no response. NOW I got a really tingly feeling and decided to just go. as soon as I got to the next little town, I found the police station and told the two officers on duty my story, they grinned at each other and then at me and one of them said;" youre the fifth person this month to meet the pilot", and told me that he's been wandering around up there since 1937.

They offered me some coffe and sent me on my way with a brief history of "the pilot", and later found this story in a ghost book on South Carolina ghost stories. Believe it or not, I stake my honor that it happened just that way.

Capt. Bo

Many years ago at a house I was sharing with roomates, a lot of stuff was happening. Too much to tell all, but one of the more interesting things that happened was we knew there was a ghost of a German shepard around and that had supposedly been buried under part of the addition on the house. Anyways I was in the backyard back in that part of the yard when all of the sudden this white German shepard nuzzels me all happy. Shock is the only word I can say. I touched the dog, it was as real as real could be. I petted it, so it had to be real! It was also the whitest shepard I've ever seen. So I led it back around to where the gate was closed and opened it so the dog could go out and it's merry way. I watched it trot out to the driveway and then disappear!

I could go on about other stories that happened in that house, but there's so much, it would take a huge novel to write!

THE HAirs on the back of me neck are raised readin yas stories...

I watched the first five or six episodes of Ghost Hunters on SciFi
I dig that show and there be new eposodes out in two weeks on Weds nite At 9:00 Pac. :)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I would have more use for the Ghost Hunters show if they had at least one skeptic "on the payroll."

From the earlier episodes that I saw, it seemed that in the vast majority of cases they went in already having decided that a particular place was haunted, found very little - or absolutely no - evidence that is was, and still went away saying it was haunted, even though they couldn't prove it.

That may have changed since I stopped watching it, but it did manage to turn me off pretty quickly.

Plus, a personal bias, they rely way too much on the whole "electronic voice phenomenon" concept when they can't find anything else - and they've found some pretty unimpressive EVP's, in my opinion.

Personally, I don't believe in ghosts - but am willing to change my mind when presented with proof.

Off my soap-box now... B)

sig2.jpg

It's absolutely true Zephanaih, until each person confronts what they don't believe, they remain the same.

It takes courage to face the unknown and some of it is downright laughable. But it happens when you least expect it and the reason that I can think of, is it's about time!

So some day, somewhere out there when you think you've seen it all, your life suddenly gets a jolt and you wonder if you've seen some slight of hand game or there was really something there. No scientific theory can explain it...that's when your life becomes open to other ideas beyond what we the living are doing. :lol:

Yikes! This has all really hit close to home on an old fascination of mine. The paranormal has always been very interesting to me, and every time something I feel is genuine has happened, my reaction has been "OK, now this is strange, but fascinating!" Rarely has it been "Oh, {long string of expletives deleted}!" like you se on TV. If anything has wanted me out, I'm out. No point aggravating something I can't see nor want to see. :)

In 1992, which I refer to as "The Year From Hell" I had lost 4 loved ones. One of these people I had been dating. He was an family friend, it was early in the romance when he killed himself. About a week after his funeral I woke up in my bed at my new home feeling like someone was spooning with me. I was groggy and the feeling was pleasant so I just accepted it and fell back asleep. About a month later I woke to feel the same presence. Feeling a bit alarmed this time I tried to roll over to see something, the more I tried the more I felt trapped. The fear became a panic ...the force that held me to the bed was suddenly gone I rolled over with ease, there was nothing in the room, not even my dog. I never felt it again. I'm convinced it was Brian.