How many of you are full of yourself

Francois

My money is on all of us.

Ring in if you think your full of yourself as a Pyrate or in any other period of reenactment.

My family tells every one that I am so full of myself when it comes to my reenactment . Always talking about it. Always carrying photos around to show, well anyone. What could I say I have to agree.

So I'm willing to bet most of you guys are too and you know it. Or am I alone on this one.

François

PyrateAvitar.jpg

I am a Free Men of The Sea I don't pillage and plunder.
I covertly acquire!

François Viete Domont de la Palmier
I haven't been accused of Pyracy...............YET

...well, I'm working at a schipchandlers all day long, and there they are not so amused about pirates... :lol:

But at home, let me guess...before my door is a shipsbell, and inside there are about 15 rapiers and cutlasses, some flintlocks, a large block hanging in my room wearing a lantern and if I open up my wardrobe, well, how should I say, there are more costumes than every days clothes.

The dog is wearing a fabrik with printed skulls around the neck, ...to be continued.

One of my friends decorated his (quite large) livingroom like a caribbean cantina, and even my helmsman's mum bought herself a skull-shaped poison ring :lol:

Strange life, that... :)

says

Jack

Ah, tis a pirate's life, indeed....

Ol' Mags Pricklebottom an' meself be what we call "The Glastonbury Thistles"....two ol' pirate's lovin' the nautical an' celtic life.....

We have a crew o' ten on the Bloomin' Bloomer though all but one other be in the 'teen' category so we be preferin' t' keep our Pub life an' our ship life a bit seperate so's t' be able t' relax now an' again if ye be understandin' that. They be a good crew, though....hard worker's an' even harder learner's...and, proud I be o' them at festival time...make no mistake aboot that. Jus' sometimes....we feel th' need t' be....escapin' 'em fer a bit........

We be fans o' what ye might call "accidental learnin".....an' ply our trade aboot t' both children's educational theatre as well as adult piratical learnin's. (Aye...there be a market fer such a thin'...ye'd be surprised...I know WE were......) Parties an' such ye might call 'em as well as theatrical productions....street theatre....readin' o' the cards......an' what have ye.

(We also be....ahem....Faeries on our off days......but, don't let that be gettin' 'round the Pub......as las' time we were in a coffee shop in our faerie garb after a gig we were mistakin' fer ladies o' the evenin'.....or, afternoon, as the case were....but, that be another story fallin' under the "One time when I was in garb....." category.

'Tis a grande way t' be makin' a livin' an' I gives thanks t' the Goddess o' the Sea every day fer allowin' me the pleasure o' makin' me livin' in a piratical way an' t' be salin' the Bloomin Bloomer int' many a port.....an' many a heart.......

As fer bein' 'full o' it'....aye, that we be.

Yet, it gives me great secret pleasure t' be walkin' aboot in me everyday clothin' an' be gettin' a hearty "Arrrr....." from a landlubber.

There those that wants t' be....an' there's those that does......

'Course...there's also those that gets really, really upset aboot it....(frown)....but, I've yet t' be figurin' those out so I jus' steers clear o' them. I figure that the madder ye gets at me bein' a pirate.....the more ye really wants t' be a pirate yerself.......plus...it be funny t' be eggin' 'em on sayin' 'arrr' an' 'avast' an' such....... :lol:

'Tis a little form o' entertainment I use t' get meself through a day....

But, then I thinks aboot how sad it mus' be t' not be havin' the proper guts t' be claimin' yer piratical nature.....well...an' I jus' taunts 'em again..... :lol:

Jus' 'arrrr' little way o' keepin' piracy alive! :lol:

Long sail the Bloomin' Bloomer!

Fair Winds to all....an' a grog on me fer takin' time t' be readin' aboot our humble little lives......

~Foxmorton

Don't think of it as full of yerself... but rather Pirate Pride.

We have our own flag, we have our own parades, We dress outlandishly, and Conservatives cringe when they see us.

"We're Here, We're Buccaneers, Get Used to it!"

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I'd like t' admit t being too full o' meself, but I'm far too important to deal with small-time issues like that.... :unsure:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

Yargh..... I were full o meself as diego and I be learning to be full o meself as meself. It goes quite well indeed The numbers of people coming up and saying how lucky I am to be rid of me old ball and chain which were and I didn't see it fer I were blinded by me love as diego but hey if they gonna says it I gonna believes it. I be full o meself this past weekend I were given me life back. (Watch out Rumba) Yarrghhhh! (damn Kent full of himself? That's gonna hurt!)

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

Nice to see I dont stand alone. B) Although being full of meself and being meself could be company enough. I guess?

Francois

PyrateAvitar.jpg

I am a Free Men of The Sea I don't pillage and plunder.
I covertly acquire!

François Viete Domont de la Palmier
I haven't been accused of Pyracy...............YET

Speakin fer meself mind ye, I be full o' piss and vinegar, a right tartar when crossed. Me mates know this full weel, and gives me a wide berth when the mood is on me, in a manner of speakin.

Tis much the same with most piratical folk, no?

http://thebrigands.com

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Full of it? Ever since I was a little scrapper running aroung on a Florida beach with a treasure map and a spyglass. I had one eye on the Moon, and the other on the sea. Life and circumstance kept sweeping me inland. But my heart is always and forever out there, where the Sun kisses the horizon. :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

• 2 weeks later...

i've heard a few people say that im full o' pirate pride once or twice.

Mainly at archery recently, cause whenever its a 'fun shoot' i come in my basic pirate attire (not corsets or dresses, they're a hell of a pig to shoot in :lol: )

I have at least 4 boxes of costumes ranging from celtic to vicorian, although its mostly piratical

And the most memerable, on the last day of primary me and at least 6 of my friends went a' sailing in the playground. Yes, very good seeing as how our teacher had built us a wooden pirate boat just fer the occasion ;) And at talk like a pirate almost 24/7

now, all i gotta do now is the same in Secondary! ;)