Hit with bad spyware!

Christine

First of all, this is my 2nd attempt to type this. The spyware hit me when I tried to post it, ARGH!!!! :rolleyes: I have tried all different scans, Spy Bot, Ad-Aware, McAffee scans and so on. It's not getting rid of the problem. What happens is I'll go to click a link and instead of getting the next page I'll get an all white screen with a black bar across the top. It says, "please visit our sponsers..." and then re-directs to some ad. I have to quickly hit the back button or it gets stuck. It has froze and I had to reboot. My uncle, who's a computer engineer, can't check it out until some time tomorrow. If anyone has advice that I haven't tried I'm all for giving it try. It's really frustrating, it happens a lot and when I least expect it. Hopefully I'll be able to even post this, I had trouble the first time I tried. Ugh and sigh.....

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

What kind of spyware blocker do you have that runs continually?

Try the free scan at pandasoftware.com

You may want to leave McAfee for a comprehensive eTrust program.

WebRoot Spysweeper is also a good program that is CONSTANTLY on, blocking spyware. You may also have a trojan virus, not just spyware. Spysweeper will detect this, too. You can check it out, here: Spysweeper There is also a free online scan.

Best of luck to ya, darlin'. You've no manner of luck when it comes to computers! :rolleyes:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Thank ye, I'm trying the spy sweeper now and hope it helps. I have a pop-up blocker and run scans and check up-dates thru McAfee. I also have a firewall set up thru McAfee as well. Yup, I just never have luck with computers-lol! :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Pop-up blockers won't work for spyware or virus protection. Hell, half the time they don't even block pop-ups!

Try the WebRoot program and see what it finds. You have to pay for the program to erase what it finds, but it is one of the best, if not the best program of its kind out there.

Best of luck, dear. :rolleyes:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

I decided not to pay for anything yet. My uncle is coming this morning and I'll see what he can do for free. lol! It is getting less and less, but still will happen when I least expect it. I have to copy what I type before posting, just in case the next page goes to the stupid spyware ad. Ugh! Well, I'll found out what my uncle can do when he gets here soon.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I also like Zone alarm..its free and friendly and will stop lots of programs.

good luck, Christine!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

He couldn't find anything, ran scans and found nothing. For awhile it didn't show up right away. I was clicking different wesbites and such trying to see when it would pop up. After he left it hasn't shown up since. Watch, I jinxed it now and it'll happen again.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg