Well Known Modern Day Pirates?

Blackfoot

Just curious to know what you all think. EXCLUDING the cast of POTC and Keith Richards, which well known persons do you think would be a good modern day pirate? My first thought would be "Dog" the Bounty Hunter and Ozzy Osborne, and (for Captain Rummy) Alice Cooper.

signature4.jpg]

Privateering for the United States of America against any and all enemy's of the country with a letter of Marque guaranteeing me and my brethren a share in all we can take and a free hand to do it ? I think the best pirates would be Seal Team 1.,2.,3.,4., and 5 for amphibous assault., a few good marines., and some sea-bees for setting up our operation on an island you cant find (Unless you already know where it is) a boat load of Rangers and a Lockhead Martin Fast Cat with Helopad would indeed make fer a fine ship an crew in todays world. I do believe they would be the best pirates of all in todays world given a letter of Marque. Definitely the team I would like around me anyway.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I think this is a dream team of if there was a movie with pirates in it who would you cast sort of thing???? Well I would cast the captain of the ship and use mel gibson. for first mate I'd cast jim from taxi (personna and all) danny de vito would be galley technician and chris rock the master gunner. crew members of distinction how about david crosby, glenn frye, mandy patinkin and eugene levy as the lookout? While we are casting for a pirate crew why not throw in Val kilmer and Kurt Russel as the two in command on the royal navy's tallship?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

While we are casting for a pirate crew why not throw in Val kilmer and Kurt Russel as the two in command on the royal navy's tallship?

I agree with ye Diego about Val Kilmer. He definitely has a pirate attitude and look.

Other actors that I could imagine as pirates:

Jack Nicholson

Ian McKellan

Sean Connery

Actresses that have pirate energy:

Judi Dench

Shirley MacLaine

Vanessa Redgrave

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I think this is a dream team of if there was a movie with pirates in it who would you cast sort of thing???? Well I would cast the captain of the ship and use mel gibson.

Avast there! I be disinclined to agree with ya matey. That landlubber Gibson lost all credibility when he played Fletcher Christian. Remember mateys the deepest circle of hell be reserved for betrayers and mutineers.

THIS CABIN-LAD'S GROWN HAGGARD, SO IN THE POT HE GOES AND FROM HIS SKIN WE'LL MAKE A LITTLE DRUM TO BEAT AS WE FIRE HUMAN HEADS FROM CANNONS AT OUR FOES. AND SET THE SEAS ABLAZE WITH BURNING RUM.

Then I suppose ye be goin' ta hell when ye're cruise is up. Personally I be makin' it a point ta ne'er truck with mutineers. Discipline be an important quality. Mutiny, even if ye do be gaining a proper ship, is the devils lot. Hijakcing be fine though.

THIS CABIN-LAD'S GROWN HAGGARD, SO IN THE POT HE GOES AND FROM HIS SKIN WE'LL MAKE A LITTLE DRUM TO BEAT AS WE FIRE HUMAN HEADS FROM CANNONS AT OUR FOES. AND SET THE SEAS ABLAZE WITH BURNING RUM.

I want t' see Samuel L. Jackson as th' captain. I want a crew o' real guys, no fancy pants pretty boys. Ving Rhames, Harvey Keital, Delroy Lindo, Steve Buscemi (just because he's gotta be in any movie I'm casting), and Vincent D'Nofrio and Ralph Fiennes as the antagonists, definately.

Jason Isaacs was the s e x i e s t Hook ever in the 2003 Peter Pan. There was a scene with him in his cabin, no shirt, tattoos ablaze, and I'm thinking, Wendy, do you know what growing up actually involves? Dump the little boys and sign on to the Jolly Roger, hon.