Do you wear your hat??

Everytime I am Drinkin (At home on weekends) or out in someones field building them a drainfield for thier septic system., so I actually wear my doo-rag and tricorn quite a bit. I have worn it to Disney land., and the Gasparilla fest as well., and will be wearing it in April and part of May in the Philippines about town island to island as well as on the dive boats.

Personally I wish more people would wear them back into popularity again!

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

My wife thinks i'm crazy for wearing my tri-corn around the house almost daily. If i'm home I have it on most of the time. So I was woundering how often the rest of you wear your tri corns, scarfs, what have you. Am I really just crazy??? :ph34r:

I work in a leather shop and made both my tricorne and vest out of leather, so I get to wear em on a daily basis and man does it increase leather sales.

:ph34r:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

I have mine on when ever I get the chance....and yes drinking at the house/boat will cause it too....but the last party I had a few weeks ago everyone was wearing my hat but me......strange. :lol:

"If you would have fought like men you would not die like dogs!" Anne Bonney

Women who behave rarely make history! - unknown

"SAFETY MEETING!!!!" Capt. Mason

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of black powder!!!!!

Mission, it's a good manners thing. Wearing a hat indoors is simply bad manners - it gives your guests or hosts the impression you want to leave.

I too used to wear a fedora a lot (and don't it look sharp with a suit?!). Either that or a bush hat. People took the micky until it rained. These days it tends to me a straw panama in hot weather and a bush hat in bad.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Mission, it's a good manners thing. Wearing a hat indoors is simply bad manners - it gives your guests or hosts the impression you want to leave

That makes sense. I'm sure I read it somewhere when I started wearing hats regularly - probably the reason I did it.

I too used to wear a fedora a lot (and don't it look sharp with a suit?!).

It do, it do. For the longest time I wanted a navy fedora, but never found one. So I wore my black fedora with navy suits. It looked somewhat better than they grey and far better than the brown. Jeeves would have approved.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I don't know if it started in the military, but covers come off when you go inside.

Actually, if you're bearing arms (in an official military capacity), the hat stays on.

ISTR reading somewhere that the custom of doffing one's hat indoors and as a polite greeting originated during the late 17th or early 18th century, and had something to do with the wigs in fashion at the time.

--Cap'n Bob

Actually, still trying to find a hat I really like. I've got the cavalier-type, which has since become just a wide-brim (I lost the pin one day and the shape went away, but I'm beginning to prefer it as-is).

I do tend to wear my scarf or a bandanna quite a bit, but that's mostly to keep m'poor baldin' skull warm in winter and un-sunburned in summer...

sig2.jpg

OK, is it just me, or does any else hear Tom Jones singing "You Can Keep Your Hat On" whenever I see this thread?

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

OK, is it just me, or does any else hear Tom Jones singing "You Can Keep Your Hat On" whenever I see this thread?

Hawkyns

Hat be damned, but keep those boots on .... Grrrrrrrrr! :ph34r:

Actually, aside from wearing it when I'm at home on my computer in the coldest room of the house, by myself, I imagined I'd wear it to all my activities, not at them.