Fortunes Favor...new

Capt. Flint

The crew spent a full day looting the merchant ship of her cargo. To the Favor went extra sail, rigging, rope etc. They also took various tools instruments and any maps and charts. They also loaded pipes of wine, vast quantities of silks and ivories, gunpowder and tobaccoo. They loaded a fair amount of silver coin and plate. Not bad for one days work.

Along with her cargo; three of the merchantmans crew "volunterred" to join the favor. One was a carpenter named Johnothan krick another was a cooper and a regular mariner. All three signed the articles and became part of the Favor.

The now smaller crew of the merchant ship were set free. free to retuen to whatever port they chose to. The crew of the Favor knew that upon thier return, an alarm would be raised. But, so what? The sea is a large place to hide as well as to hunt. They were already hunted men with prices on thier heads. One did not choose this life willingly without knowing the risk.

So on they sailed. The ship and crew of the Fortunes Favor. In search of another sail and another chance for riches and plunder.

It was during a period of idleness. No ship in sight, nor had there been for nearly two weeks. The crew had managed to capture nothing, but, a feeling of restlessness that comes from no action.

Finally, on a calm night; while the crew was still fairly sober; the Capt. quartermaster, and mate summoned the entire crew to a very important meeting. Men, said Flint, I have a proposition for ye. We've been lying about in these waters for nearly two weeks now without a single ducat to show for it. I have a plan that could make us all rich men.

The men leaned forward to hear this grand idea. Suddenly the quartermaster spoke up. We set sail for Hispanola. We head for the isle. of Tortuge where the harbors are good and opportunity even better.

What so special about that , one of the crew shouts. Now it was Flints turn. He had thier attention, and he was going to keep it. I'm talking about riches and jewels. Gold and silver beyond your wildest immagination. I'm talking about us being rich. Richer than we ever dreamed. More wealth than ye could spend in a lifetime. Gold ducats. Pearls and rubies, silver plate and coin, pieces of eight and etc....

Now listens up. We're not enough to take on the tresure forts or handle an entire convoy. But, what I be suggesting is that we sail right up into the harbore there and act the part of an honest merchantman.

It was now that Flint told them of his plan. To single out one of the treasure ships. To get her separate from the fleet and take her. On through the night, the capt. and the quartermaster sat up and told of thier plan to make them all rich men. They told how they would take a ship at night with canoes. Use a large boarding party and sail the entire ship out from the fleet. On and on they went

As the bottle passed from man to man, so did the idea of the raid. As each man warmed his spirits with the rum, the more his courage warmed to the idea of attacking and taking a heavily armed treasure ship, in the middle of a convoy, with a regulation warship around them ............

so much for page two.. hope you like it so far.. page three soon......