Geo Caching

Barbados Sam

I recently got hooked on Geo Caching. What a great hobby for a pirate! Seeking treasure! Anyone else enjoy this hobby? If you don't know about it, check out the website at http://www.geocaching.com

My user name is, what else? Barbados Sam!! Seemed natural fer a pyrate to do, eh? I've got close to 70 finds already, and I hid my first cache a few weeks ago. Damn, this is fun stuff!!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I found a web page about letter boxing... kind of the same thing as Geo caching.... but without the GPS.....

Making the rubber stamps is the easy part.... but I never got around to hiding them.....

I made four stamps outta a carved eraser that when put together would make a Pyrate flag.... maybe I'll get around to hiding them this year.......

• 2 months later...

I'm visiting me brother in Lake Arrowhead, California, and he just turned me on to geocaching! I registered yesterday, and I've found 3 so far! Ye'll see me as pirategirl57 on the geocaching site! When I head back to Alabama I will be hiding me first caches there!

Read about this not terribly long ago in some outdoorsy magazine in a barber shop or some other waiting room. Sound like fun... or a headache... but I am afraid of purchasing a GPS, for fear that I will become obsessed.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I'm visiting me brother in Lake Arrowhead, California, and he just turned me on to geocaching! I registered yesterday, and I've found 3 so far! Ye'll see me as pirategirl57 on the geocaching site! When I head back to Alabama I will be hiding me first caches there!

You're going to love it!! Have fun!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Read about this not terribly long ago in some outdoorsy magazine in a barber shop or some other waiting room. Sound like fun... or a headache... but I am afraid of purchasing a GPS, for fear that I will become obsessed.

Aye....tis a real fear indeed.......I'm hopelessly hooked meself!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I celebrated Easter by going on a Geo-style egg hunt! Went for a nice drive in the mountains and grabbed 19 caches! (woulda' had an even 20, but one was muggled....)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg