A Good Tricorn

I like the ones from Jas Townsend and Son (www.jastown.com). Good quality stuff. The price is a little steep, but will not break you.I have one of their hand finished tricorns. It looks nice and it stands up to a lot of abuse.

Rumrunner.. I have found a good hat with a lot of versatillity for a reasonable price at.. chivalry sports ( ren store. com ) they have a felt hat that you can shape, pin or leave as is for almost any style. It runs somewhere around 25 or 30 dollars plus shipping. I bought one around 4 years ago and it has held up great. Plus the added bonus that it is a light weight hat helps keep the heat level down. Also they are one size fits most. ..... Let me know what you think..... The Capt.

If money's no object (LOL) definitely check out Center Stage Costumes on the Internet. I bought one of their hats (style name: Pirate King) and am very happy with it.

(No, that's not it in my avatar pic. That's a photo from my early buccaneering days; I'm wearing a cavalier style hat there, one I got at a Ren faire.)

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich