Golden Age of Piracy Patterns

kass

The short jacket pales in comparison to a justaucorps for button holes (which you well know), so I need to get to the top of my button hole game before I take the plunge.

Greg

Yeah I hear you! Try a sleeved waistcoat first... kind of like a bridge between the two...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only individual I know of on this forum who does "painstaking" research is Foxe (IMHO).

Just found this thread while browsing in a bored kind of a way. I've gotta say thanks Mike! It's nice to know that people appreciate the amount of effort I put into my research.

I spend more time than is good for my health in dusty manuscript rooms looking for even fragments of documents dealing with clothing, and I hoard every bit of information I find, however insignificant, ready to trundle out if I think it'll help someone else's research.

I have hundreds of MBs of period clothing pictures stored on my computer and loads more that I haven't got round to scanning yet.

I also spend a lot of time making and remaking garments until I can get them so they look just like the pictures, or until they fit the written description. I spend a stupid amount of time and money sourcing the right materials, buttons, lacing etc.

I DO do a hell of a lot of in depth research and practical archaeology!

But when I get stuck I ask Kass. :)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

• 9 months later...

The imbedded link in the first post was for "preorders" and doesn't seem to work. Click on Kass' signature for a link to her web site.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Kass i just tried to order a bunch of patterns and I got:

REGISTRATION DENIED. THERE IS CURRENTLY A USER VERY SIMILAR TO YOURS IN THE SYSTEM. PLEASE ATTEMPT THE FORGOT PASSWORD FEATURE ON THE LOGIN PAGE TO HAVE YOUR PASSWORD SENT TO YOU. IF YOU FEEL THIS IS IN ERROR PLEASE CONTACT US FOR HELP.

Is someone impersonating me???? There's only one Rusty Nell!! LOL

I know I've never registered with you before so it couldn't be me...anyway .....let me know what to do.

I'll call the order in sometime next week if we can't figure this out.

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Hey Nell,

I don't speak for Kass in any official sense... But I haven't noticed her on this forum in quite some time. I strongly recommend emailing her direct (via the link from her web site), or calling her during her business hours. There has been some unpleasantness in the past with people leaving Kass messages here during spells where she isn't checking on this forum... I'd hate for any misunderstandings to arise from a failed attempt to contact her through a forum she rarely checks into.

Cheers

Michael_banner.jpg

Hey Nell,

I don't speak for Kass in any official sense... But I haven't noticed her on this forum in quite some time. I strongly recommend emailing her direct (via the link from her web site), or calling her during her business hours. There has been some unpleasantness in the past with people leaving Kass messages here during spells where she isn't checking on this forum... I'd hate for any misunderstandings to arise from a failed attempt to contact her through a forum she rarely checks into.

Cheers

Thanks for the info, everyone, much appreciated!

nell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

• 2 years later...

Long dead thread... though still stickey'd

Looks like they are getting bigger and better all the time at RH...

You should check them out

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!