Golden Age of Piracy Patterns

kass

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial order is in. Thank ye kindly!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hi Cass, I looked at your site and am a bit confused.. I'm looking for breeches (Privateer/pirate) early 1720's. I'm new to this, so lookin at some of the requirements like what material goes around button /fly . FLOSS ? aehhh? I know that ain't fer teeth so ifen I goes to a fabric shop and ask will I get embarrassed or laughed at? I hope not but I do think I would Like to attempt to sew my own ifen ya can help me.. Thanx

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

shoot! Hurricane beat me to being first!

I think he's going to be a great Captain Morgan though so i don't mind.

gof

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Oderless,

It's no wonder you're confused. The breeches for the Pirate Era aren't on the website yet. You're likely looking at the 1630s Breeches pattern. Way too early, mate!

"Floss" is a kind of thread, but if you're making a seaman's breeches, you'd be best off not using it.

Keep watching this space and I'll announce when the Pirate Breeches pattern is available.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

shoot! Hurricane beat me to being first!

I think he's going to be a great Captain Morgan though so i don't mind.

gof

Thanks gof! I've been waiting for a coat that would fit the manner of Morgan. Luckily, Kass came along with these great patterns...

As we get all of ours done I hope we show them off here as well...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Oh guys, I cannot WAIT to see them all!

Also when our new website is up (1st April) you can show off your clothes made with RH Patterns there too. I hope you'll share and show our customers what can be done with our patterns. :o

Keep watching this space and I'll announce when the Pirate Breeches pattern is available

EYEs Thanxs ya Kindly and patiently await. <_<

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you all know that the two men's patterns that were offered for preorder -- the 1680s Justacorps and the 1700s Frock Coat -- are printing now and will ship to those who preordered on Monday!

Also we have a third men's pattern printing and ready to ship on Monday. The 1670s-1710s Brandenburg or Great Coat. You can preorder it here: Page down to the bottom of this page.

The women's preordered patterns will print next week.

If you've ordered men's and women's patterns, they will ship together when the women's print.

Then we will have a whole new set of covers to tempt you with the rest of the GAoP lineup!

Good news, kids! The long-awaited Common Man's Jacket (aka "Sailor's Jacket") now has cover art. Which means we're drafting it as we speak and it is available for preorder.

Check it out (third pattern down):

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patte...s/preorder.html

The pattern will ship next week.

We had an unexpected delay shortly after I posted. :D

The pattern will be available at the end of March. I will post again when it's ready.

• 3 weeks later...

The Sailor's Jacket pattern will only include the jacket. The Breeches and Slops pattern is separate and also forthcoming.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to announce that the Bodiced Gown (RH707) and the 1670s-1720s Stays (RH711) are now in stock and ready to ship. If you preordered either of these patterns, you will receive them shortly. If you have been waiting for them to materialize before placing your order, now's your chance! :blink:

Kass

(delurks)

I've been following this thread (and your web site, Kass) with the greatest of interest. My first love is black powder shooting (the earlier the better), and I've loved Baroque music since I was small. It was probably only a matter of time until I got into the clothing of the period.

There is a d-mned annoying gap betwen the ECW and the F&I war, both with regards to firearms and to clothing. Your Age Of Piracy range fills this nicely. I was wondering, however, if and when you were planning on adding a Baroque-era waistcoat to go with the justacorps? (You know... the sort of thing a well-dressed buccaneer who had temporarily hit it rich might wear into town. I had it in mind to make two -- one fancy one, and one of the plainer sort to wear as a hunting vest.)

How long were they? Did they have pockets? What did they *look* like? What goes underneath a 1670's-80's justacorps? And more to the point, where can I get the pattern for one? From you, I hope...?

(slips back into the gloom)

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your compliments on my site. Keep checking back for some exciting new changes this summer that I know you're going to love. :)

About the waistcoats, yes we plan on producing a pattern for waistcoats from 1700 to 1725. Just haven't finished it yet. It will be announced on the website (and likely here too) when it is available.

But if you're looking for a waistcoat to wear under the 1680s Justcorps, the waistcoat is included in the pattern. It's really just the same pattern as the Justacorps but without cuffs on the sleeve ends. So if you're interested in the 1680s Justacorps pattern, you don't have to wait for the waistcoat pattern to come out to have both garments. And the historical notes cover both garments as well, so all your questions should be answered there.

Thanks again for your enquiry,

Kass