Dreams & Nightmares

Rummy3

What statement resembles your dream patterns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What statement resembles your dream patterns?

• I pass out - no dreams involved
    • I think I dream but never remember them
    • My dreams are silly
    • I only have nightmares
    • I dream all the time, some actually affect my day
    • My dreams are more like daydreams or wishes
    • My sleep is so choppy - I never get to the dream stage
    • I talk in my sleep during my dreams

Does anyone ever (for lack of a better word) channel someone else's dreams? That happens to me once in awhile. I'll be having one of my own dreams and it will be interrupted by someone else's dream and then I'm back to mine. Like changing a channel and then changing it back - as in it doesn't go back to the same place in my dream; it goes back to the point that it would if my dream had just continued to run its course during the time of the interruption.

Last night, I was in the middle of my own dream when suddenly I was yanked into another person's dream. It felt as though I was in the back of her head, if that makes any sense. Apparently, the dreamer was a Chinese woman in her late 50's who does a lot of work for her church. The dream was about some sort of collection her church had done and they collected beyond the amount they needed, so the minister suggested that he and his assistant and she use the extra money for vacations. The woman felt guilty about taking that money for such a purpose, but was tempted because her husband was such a tightwad and this was the only way she was ever going to have a nice vacation. Then, she and her husband attended a church-sponsored gathering and she was trying to figure out what to tell her husband (a tall, extremely thin man; or maybe this woman was very short and he just seemed tall.) Then, the channel changed and I was back in my own dream. It was very odd.

RHJMap.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband dream hops. I too dream in color and what is really funny is that when I dream of death concerning a family member *Mom, Dad, Brother* My Mom and Grandmother would also have it the same night..I have even seen myself die..not a pretty sight...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Many years ago, a friend of mine and I rented a house together. At one point, he decided to take a class in active dreaming or something like that (not lucid dreaming.) After a few weeks, I'd be in the middle of a dream and my friend would suddenly show up as an observer, but sometimes facing the wrong way. The first night after one of these, he mentioned that he had tried out an exercise that he had learned in his class about traveling to other people's dreams, which is what he did with me. Later on, I had a couple of the types of dream I mentioned in my last post and my friend mentioned afterwards that this was something he was working on as well. I told him to stop or I'd beat him soundly about the head and shoulders.

At any rate, the paranormal and I are well-acquainted, so I wasn't too surprised at the Chinese woman dream. I knew that it wasn't my dream; besides seeming as though I was in someone else's head, it was so far outside of my experience that it couldn't have been mine. I'm not affiliated with any church and that dream had details that now seem to make sense, but I had no idea about them before.

RHJMap.jpg

I'll be having one of my own dreams and it will be interrupted by someone else's dream and then I'm back to mine. Like changing a channel and then changing it back -
I've not heard of that, tho, it sounds like some sort of out of body experience.

I have tendency to belive that some poeple posess the power to astrial project thier dreams to the same freQuency/place that I am at-at the given time/space/dimensional location I am at in my dream. Sometimes I actually "feel" aware that at the end of a dream I return to my own body. While other times I "feel" Iam being "visited". Strange to say the least.

Some other experiences I've had sugest projection of intentional dirrecting of some of my dreams piticularly anything having to do wit snakes so I can over come danger and obsticals. THe meaning I found on one web site link for dream interpetation was this Snake 1. the wisdom of all things (294-136). 2. temptations (294-136). 3. that which threatens harm (294-159). 4. those who would harm in an under- handed manner (900-81). 5. monstrous and hissing - self's own condemnation of self (900-217). Other possibilities: 1. kundalini, pure creative energy. 2. self-transcendence (i.e., sheds its own skin). 3. paradox (e.g., good evil, wisdom temptation).

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

"I have a floating dream that has recurred all my life. I get startled when i realize i am floating and try to wake up - and i honestly used to think that i fell back down to my bed when i would wake because i felt the bed shaking."

Umm, :lol: believe it or not....that has been traditionally a sign of Astral Projection...the bed shaking and/or you jerking suddenly awake is the spirit is dropping and merging back into the physical body. No need to fear it. Once you learn to control it is very interesting.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Here is a rather creepy, but interesting story about astral projection. The guyfriend told me about it, he heard it from the Coast to Coast show on AM 600. They talk about a lot of paranormal stuff. Anyway, this woman kept having this dream quite often of going to this victorian cottage in England. She'd get up to the door and open it and see this other woman staring at her, who'd be startled to see her. This went on for some time, off and on dreaming it. Well, the one day the woman was traveling in England with her family. She saw the same victorian cottage from her dream and freaked. She had to check it out. She went up to the house and knocked at the door. The woman who answered it was startled to see her, she gasped and said, "it's you, I've seen you before!" It became apparent that the woman had astral projected herself to this house and appeared to this lady, startling her. It was quite a creepy realization for both women. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yeah that can happen, many times people think they are seeing a ghost when in reality it is someone that has projected themselves to another place. I know when my "dream" has certain quality and feel about it that it is actually a projection.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

It's a form of dream walking then huh? A type of out of body experience as well. I know I've done this, but never am sure of how tho. It just happens when I least expect it. That feeling of falling back into my body is quite bizarre. I literally feel as tho I fall hard into it. There have been times I have fallen off the bed. I've also experienced sleep paralyiss (sp?), now that is damn creepy! I've fallen in a dream, tried to sit up, but couldn't. I felt as tho I was being pinned down and these voices around me told me to just give up. I could not wake up or sit up in reality. My sister saw me struggling in my sleep and helped wake me up. It creeped me out pretty badly!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

yeah, it can be a little unnerving at first. But you are correct the merge touch down can feel like skidding into the body... :lol: A lot of the flying dreams are projection dreams too. But know you can learn to control it. Just takes time and practice. One way is forewarn a friend ....make that an understanding and adventuous friend.. :) .. with your friend's agreement, let it be know that during the night you would like to try and visit them. Have them put something on a nightstand or such that you haven't seen in RL out in the room that same evening. Have pencil and paper within very easy reach of your bed. Then that night have their address or just their image in your mind making a mental note that what you observe you will remember. When you awake with start write down what you thought you saw. Then compare notes with your friend. Some projectors can accomplish the first time, others have to keep practicing till they connect. But, it is possible. Just takes time.

In regard to the other, again you can learn to control and overcome the situation. If it happens again, take control of the situation...it is your dream experience and it is your right to do so and calm your emotions and ask what it is they are trying to tell you. If you don't like it...demand it to be over...knowing you control the situation and all is well. Again, sometimes it takes practice to learn to control it but, rest assured it can be done.

Hope that helps.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Oh, remember as the RL body is so is the Projected body. Make sure you are clothed as you would want your friend to see you in RL :lol::P:P:P

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

"I have a floating dream that has recurred all my life. I get startled when i realize i am floating and try to wake up - and i honestly used to think that i fell back down to my bed when i would wake because i felt the bed shaking."

Umm, :lol: believe it or not....that has been traditionally a sign of Astral Projection...the bed shaking and/or you jerking suddenly awake is the spirit is dropping and merging back into the physical body. No need to fear it. Once you learn to control it is very interesting.

Thanks for your insight - that dream occurs frequently still. On another note, I talk in my sleep also - Sometimes it is very clearly stated, but when I have been told about it afterwards, I have no recollection. Some of it is nonsensical - and other times more like a prediction that later comes to fruition. Do any of you other pirates talk in your sleep?

yes I am told I sing in my sleep mostly beatles songs but the doors and oldies roll around in there like the turtles or lovin spoonful or mamas and papas oldies. I really dont know if im singing myself to sleep or just trying not to sleep and singing to try and stay awake. I don't have any dreams but the night does scare me i dont sleep much any more awake often so I read. When my eyes get sore they close and I start singing again but seem to sleep through the commercials. I remember having woken up in three part harmony singing black water by the doobies. Funny how dreams are. How they seem to just go away like a terrible storm moves on leaving you all wet and cold.

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

Now I have had a dream just this last night past. It was more of a preminition, I tells ya. It was in the darkest hour of the night when this handsome pyrate rode his fierce steed into our very own tavern. It was Ray that raised a tankard in his honor *Rummy leans forward and speaks ever so softly to her sisters* 'Twas Madd Jack himself - sisters, and I feel he will be among us within days end next. Mark my words, lassies - best be gettin' yerselves all dolled up - 'twill be time to party indeed! B)

My dreams are of an odd sort. I've had a few that predicted birthdays of newish friends, one that involved a nasty car crash (a few days later, I actually was hit, thankfully not bad). I enjoy the ones where favorite places are blended together (picture Walt Disney Renaissance Faire, or the Caribbean at night with vampires), or when friends and such make guest appearances. :lol:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I've also experienced sleep paralyiss (sp?), now that is damn creepy! I've fallen in a dream, tried to sit up, but couldn't. I felt as tho I was being pinned down and these voices around me told me to just give up. I could not wake up or sit up in reality. My sister saw me struggling in my sleep and helped wake me up. It creeped me out pretty badly!

I have had a simular experience and woke up praying the "Our Father"prayer. Very spooky. I tend to lend creadence to the other side we don't see often having some influence to that happennin to me.

However - there is a Scientific Cleansing when ya find out that there is a name for it- having to do wit -sleep paralisis something or another- :ph34r:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I think the scariest dream I have ever had was about four years ago. It involved my Grandfather's house at night. We were leaving and it was nightime but the moon was huge and white. It was really low and i kept trying to get my relatives to see how low it was. Then it started filling up with blood till it overran and dripped from the heavens. Beneath the Moon were the seven seals and the last seal had just broke. I still hate talking about that dream.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I've had some terrible dreams in my life. Fortunately, they've been exaggerations of what might acutally happen. Some have been prescient, and I honour those for helping me gird myself for unpleasent events. But it really is a matter of determing what is salient versus what is fanciful.

I know my words obfuscate as much as they enlighten. That's the nature of things, and limit of what I'm allowed to express. Take it for what it is. :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

• 3 weeks later...

What does it mean when you dream vividly of someone you care about....but it's their funeral you dream about? Now, a long time ago I dreamed about my grandmother dying, but in reality some time later it was step-grandfather who died instead. What does it mean when you dream of a loved one dying?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Tis not a dream that I'm incredibly curious about. My dreams be odd, that's for sure. I'll talk about the one where I become a young Pope-ess.

But... what I am curious about, an' it's nagging on me at times... is something that happened in reality.

I have this white linen hand kerchief. I've had it since August of 2005.

How I got it.. is this...

I was at Camden, SC for a 225th anniversary of the Battle of Camden. Sunday morning's battle was a special one that was specific for us re-enactors and special guests... to have a re-creation of the Battle on the actual battlefield site! A grand treat it was, too! Oh, the images I have of those (courtesy of my parents who tagged along with me) are fantastic!

At the end of the re-creation, I being the lone Green Dragoon from the British Legion there watching the Continental troops lining up, as we prepared for a bayonet charge for the film crews that were there that morning, too... In all the excitement, a lone white piece of cloth laid on the ground. It was pure white, not a spec of dirt on it. Laying in the very spot where I had "felt" ol' Baron de Kalb 3 years previous when I first when to Camden. I picked it... can't describe the feelings as I really didn't allow to feel them, I wasn't really myself anyway... but I was asking all the gents there if they lost a white handkerchief... apparently not one of them lost one. So, I was bewildered where the white hand kerchief came from. The gents immediately all told me it was mine now.

So... aye, now it's mine. I keep it with me, within view at all times.

But.. as silly as it sounds... I do feel a heaviness or something from it. My mind's eye shows me the Baron every time.

I've been told I have a "connection" with the Baron. What it is, I don't know yet. Partially afraid to know, cause it may be the wrong answer compared to the answer I keep hoping it will be & what I've been told by a few others. Haven't had a regression done yet. $$$ being the major issue on why I haven't had one done yet.

But.. anyone out there aware of what the symbol is of the pure white linen hand kerchief in the middle of battlefield, left on the very spot where a famous Rev War hero fell from his wounds.

What that symbol is? What does it mean? Why?

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

What does it mean when you dream of a loved one dying?

It isn't necessarily about a *death* as we think of it meaning the end of life.

True, some people will dream ofia person's impending death and it may come to pass however in my experience it's most likely the *death* of an issue, a relationship, a job, more along those lines.

Could be a subconscience nuge to get moving and make a change.

B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I dream, constantly, about things that happened in the desert. Someone told me this is because I am afraid of forgetting things that happened, and that I should write them down, and the dreams will eventually occur less and less frequently... I'm not a journaling type guy, though... it might help me get a full nights sleep, though! :lol:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Some of my dreams are solutions - Saturday night I had a dream of someone that had been very close to me but more recently became estranged. This friend and I came face to face and I could see the kindness in my friend's face and knew that my friend wasn't hating me as much as I have been told by his words~ It was peaceful and now I feel relieved.