Dreams & Nightmares

Rummy3

What statement resembles your dream patterns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What statement resembles your dream patterns?

• I pass out - no dreams involved
    • I think I dream but never remember them
    • My dreams are silly
    • I only have nightmares
    • I dream all the time, some actually affect my day
    • My dreams are more like daydreams or wishes
    • My sleep is so choppy - I never get to the dream stage
    • I talk in my sleep during my dreams

My brain never seems to relax. This morning I woke up after a busy night of dreaming and the last one left my heart beating and I kind of feel anguish. In the dream, I couldn't believe what was happening and I want to resolve it still, even though I know it was a dream.

:huh:

Does anyone out there dream?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dreams are mostly an absolute blast. Roller coaster trips through the past, present, future, fantasy. Some are like full length movies, others take me to mysterioius places that I visit time and time again. I have very few nightmares. And I speak in tongues a lot of times - Russian, German and Chinese mostly. My girlfriend has finally gotten tired of the tongue talking. Keeps her up listening. Oh, and I can also do semi-conscious regressions at time to another place and time. Overall, a lot of fun.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I would say that 99.9% of my dreams now are pleasant, fun, adventurous. At one time, though, I had a recurring nightmare, two or three times a week. It seems silly, but when I was a teenager, I dreamed that I could not find a clean white shirt. I would hunt all night (in my dream) panicked that I would not be judged as worthy (by whom I never knew) because I could not find a clean white shirt. I would wake repeatedly through the night, sweating, panicked, and be exausted the next day. I even went to a psychiatrist to solve this probelm, it was that bad. Nothing that the shrink did helped.

Then one day I went out and bought a very expensive white shirt. Put it on a shelf in my closet, still in the wrappings. I still have that shirt today, on my closet shelf, almost 3o years later.

I have never had the dream again.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Most of my dreams are surrealistic... (okay... I suppose that's true for a lot of people) but for the most part pretty much fluff... I can tell what's usually stressing me out or a major priority based on what I can remember of my dreams. Lots and lots of theatre related dreams lately, due to being deep in rehearsals for a show.

On occasion I have scarry dreams, but not really what you would call nightmares... more like "acton-adventure-suspense" type stuff. Once in a while I will dream that I'm in a house that is surrounded by these "things" that have no defined shape and a decidedly malicious intent... and if they get in the house everyone will wind up dead. Thankfully those are few and far between.

Just last night I dreamt of feeding a bear. When I woke up this morning my only thought was "sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you." Just so happens today was the first day of spring classes. Hrrrrm....

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Mine are a mixed bag. Some are prophetic, some are wonderful "adventure" dreams that I don't want to end, some are scary (like Sir Eric's things that want to break into the house), some are so surreal that I don't know what they were about, some are anxious and some are so irritating that I wake up extremely pissed off. Probably just like most folks. One area where I seem to be unique is I've never had that dream where it's test time and I'm not ready.

One dream that I used to have more often but not so much now was trying to find a bathroom or someplace to change (i.e. somewhere where I could have some privacy) but every place was either not suitable, occupied or when I'd find a place, someone would rudely barge in.

Do any of you still have the "flying" dreams?

RHJMap.jpg

Dreams; now you know where science fictin writers get their material....

My dreams are all over the place. I don't believe anything of them, most are just a sleep back and go for the ride. Yup, just like watching Kermit the frog playing his banjo on a log...I swear that happened one time while in a meditation group...

My Dad is really big into Stephen King and growing up i would tell my dad of my dreams and he taught me a trick..To program yourself before you go to bed into remebering your dreams. This does not always work but for the most part it does. And to write them down as it is rumored Stephen King does. I dream of death. i do not have happy dreams but dreams of people dying.

The last dream I had my husband had trouble waking me from and it involved a woman walking to her car and never reaching it..She was beat to death by a baseball bat. Three nights after that dream on the news a woman was killed by her Ex- with a baseball bat? Coincidence? I don't know..Hubby thinks Im weird and thinks I should not talk about them. So i have learned to not talk about them and I quit watching the news.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

My dreams are mostly an absolute blast. Roller coaster trips through the past, present, future, fantasy. Some are like full length movies, others take me to mysterioius places that I visit time and time again. I have very few nightmares. And I speak in tongues a lot of times - Russian, German and Chinese mostly. My girlfriend has finally gotten tired of the tongue talking. Keeps her up listening. Oh, and I can also do semi-conscious regressions at time to another place and time. Overall, a lot of fun.

-- Hurricane

Sounds like most of mine except the talkin in a foreign languge part. Do you write alot as well Captain? I have to say that mine has become more on the romantic side of late, has anyone ever had a dream that seemed so real, you could touch and feel everything going on around you?

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Do any of you still have the "flying" dreams?

I have a floating dream that has recurred all my life. I get startled when i realize i am floating and try to wake up - and i honestly used to think that i fell back down to my bed when i would wake because i felt the bed shaking.

The last dream I had my husband had trouble waking me from and it involved a woman walking to her car and never reaching it..She was beat to death by a baseball bat. Three nights after that dream on the news a woman was killed by her Ex- with a baseball bat? Coincidence? I don't know..Hubby thinks Im weird and thinks I should not talk about them. So i have learned to not talk about them and I quit watching the news.

That's a heck of a burden to face alone, Siren! If your husband won't listen to you, then post 'em here. Get them out of your system. I have prophetic dreams, but other than the Apollo One disaster, they weren't about really bad things. Not like yours.

RHJMap.jpg

I have a floating dream that has recurred all my life. I get startled when i realize i am floating and try to wake up - and i honestly used to think that i fell back down to my bed when i would wake because i felt the bed shaking.

Wow - I wonder if you were really floating, then???

When I was a kid, I would dream about soaring through the air. As I got older, those dreams happened less and less - either I couldn't get off the ground, could get off the ground only with serious effort, or there had to be a huge reason why I had to be off the ground. I'm told that's fairly common. Yours definitely sounds unusual, though.

RHJMap.jpg

Captain Siren of the Poesidon Reminds me of that TV show that was on for a season... eahh ... ya True Calling .. I think it was, She had lucious lips !

I remember alot of my dreams. THe most important one was climbing over a wall to lush lands wit trees and lakes and sunshine. I overcame my deppresion problem from that point and remember wakin up the the song that says " I can see clearly now, The rain is Gone..."

Now Adays it's 30% overcoming something, 15% senual lust fest of some sort And 5% useing drugs/drinkin dreams. THe rest Eye forget.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 3 weeks later...

I had such an incredible dream Sunday morning, just awesome!

I remember seeing a florist shop getting ready to shut down for the night and one of the ladies was having trouble putting up this pink paper around their shop area. I remember there were cute trinkets around like little porceline bunnies and frogs and other stuff like that.

Anyways I changed into kind of a white sort of light with bits of rainbow colors and twinkling lights and flew up in secret and helped the poor lady tack up the top of the pink paper that kept falling down. I didn't let her see me. When I was finished I flew to the side of their booth or whatever it was and as I was changing back into a human form a kid across the street saw me and ran over and stole some of my light about the size of a ping pong ball. He shoved it into a plastic baggie and ran away. I ran after him and had to chase him around quite a bit, and finally managed to get the baggie away from him when he became distracted by his friends.

I ran back to where the florist shop was and opend the baggie and took out the little ball of energy and I again transformed myself into my 'secret' and flew up into the night sky. As I went higher and higher into the heavens the little ball became bigger and bigger until it was the size of a basketball. I remember opening my hands and sending the ball out into the universe of space, and then it exploded in a beautiful array of rainbow colors and then be came an incredible nebula with small twinkling lights of what I can only assume was energy. I remember it made me feel really good, and then I woke up.

I know I've had some doosey of some dreams but over the last few months I've been having some that have just left a really good feeling in me.

This was such an interesting dream I just had to tell you all.

I dream all the time, in glorious technocolor. Most are fun, or weird, but not scary.

When I was young, for years I dreamed a truely frightening dream of running through an abandoned neighborhood, trying to avoid a Godzilla-like creature. I'd be slinking between houses, see the creature far on the horizon, then turn a corner and it would be in my face. More frightening than the creature was the "booming" sound it made when it walked. Years later, when I was in colledge, me and a few friends were standing out in my front yard, and somewhere far off came this booming sound, and my heart started racing and it gave me gooseflesh. So, apparently the dream's aftershocks stayed with me for a long time. :lol:

I also had flying dreams, but I wasn't flying, I was riding a winged horse. I had four of them, each a different color, that I could call from the air whenever I wanted. My favorite one was coal black. Which might explain why I alway ride the black horses on carousels. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I dream a lot, very vividly. Sometimes (often) I can direct my dreams, cast the roles, re-do scenes I didn't like the first time, change lines. It's like I'm dreaming, watching my dream and thinking, "hmm, we can do better than that, have him come in through the window, not the door, and lose the jeans, have him wearing something looser ....." or whatever.

Dreamt about a finding a baby on the beach the other night. I KNOW that's gotta mean something.

Thanks Jill. I do have one dream that keeps reoccurring. It involves a horse and he is always the same in every dream..Black left white rear pastern is white and a white snip on his nose. And his name is Tempest.

As for the lips thing..I had a customer one time tell me i had fat lips and another customer tell me I looked like Fran Drescher and now at work they call me fat-lip Fran.

My lips are not fat they are just full..*grins*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

My dreams are always in dark settings. I never see bright light in my dreams. If I am out in the day during a dream it's gloomy out. And lately they're pretty bizarre! I almost always am woken up from them, thinking something is in the room with me. It's embarrassing, especially when I'm at a friend's house, the guyfriend, etc. I'll just sit up, all startled and sometimes shout out. I know just the other night at my guyfriend's I sleep-walked. I was dreaming of being in a hospital and I was walking up and down dark hallways. I was trying to hide from something and went in the broom closet. I know I must have went in to his closet. I remember crawling back into bed and hearing him asking what I was doing and if I was okay. I remember mumbling something that didn't make much sense and then going back to sleep. I didn't ask him about it the next day and he didn't say anything either. I'm hoping he forgot about it, ugh! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

In terms of talking in one's sleep, I have a funny story that happened when I was a little kid. My brother and I were still young enough to share a room and one morning, he started thrashing around and said very distinctly, "Get off of me, you stupid plants!" and woke up. I asked him what the dream had been about, but he couldn't remember.

RHJMap.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say that I don't understand it but I think that if you dream about a nightmare so many times it becomes a memory and it then haunts your abilities or even your inabilities to change it, it eventually comes to fruition. Finds a way to actually come to life and strike you down. Adding I can unequivocally say that I am living my all time worse nightmare, ever.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.