• No
    • Sometimes
    • I have but not anymore
    • I know people who do but I don't

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I USE TO SMOKE DOPE BACK IN THE DAY...BUT NOW I'VE FOUND THAT HANG OVERS ARE SO MUCH MORE.....CHALLENGING! :wub:

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the

morning,that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

- Frank Sinatra

:wub: Ah ! Ol' Blue Eye's and his words of wisdom! :wub:

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did it once with me sister when I literally had "the Devil" as a boss, but haven't since.

For those of you who have it in your house or property, be careful who knows. One day you might just piss them off enough to make a call.

Hint-hint

You'd be suprised how much it costs to look this cheap.

Do not do what you would undo if caught.

Well I'm afraid I'm at the 'yes' end of it. smiley_aaxs.gif

Let's face it, if you had the medical pain that I have you'd probably consider doing it too. Though I'm the first to admit, it doesn't take the pain away, but it lessens it to a degree that I don't feel it as bad. I've tried it when I've been nauseated, but have found that it doesn't do anything to make it go away.

I just mellow out very nicely.

Every person is different on how it acts. I've known people in my life who should never smoke it (again). They tend to have reactions that are uncommon and can make them into a person that isn't in control of their facilities. It's not for everyone that' for sure.

Rumba I will come out with you and say Yes....yes....yes..GUILTY. BUT....I took a kick to the head by a horse in 2000. I was in the hospt fir 2 weeks unable to see or speek well. Fractured my skull in 4 places and did dammage to the whole upper right side of my body. Now for those of you who have never had a migrane that made you so sick you couldnt move AND made you go blind, then you cant relate. My spine in my neck no longer has a bend in it and I get at least 3 or more bad headaches a week, and if I do not get a migrane in a week it has been a damn good week. But as Rumba said helps with the pain and the sickness. Plus I cant afford the meds it would take to "cure" me. So what do you do? Suffer or find something that helps. Plus have you ever tryed to do your "normal" day on pain killers? With my job I would get eaten up or killed (day job) or sew my fingers together (home job) I do not do it around any one else that does not approve and never around my son. There is a responsible way to do things...its when you are not, and do not , that gets one into trouble. We need a health care system that is not a joke!

"If you would have fought like men you would not die like dogs!" Anne Bonney

Women who behave rarely make history! - unknown

"SAFETY MEETING!!!!" Capt. Mason

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of black powder!!!!!

I tryed it once for 24 years :huh:

like rummy said earlier, ya just hafta outgrow it...it's been 7years now quit. i have notyced a lot of anti pot commercials lately, portrying potheads as lazy couch potatoes and such, not true, when i used to smoke, i would......i mean i used to.....

omg the govt got this one right :huh:

when ya see old ladies on the news smokin' i dunno, i guess iffen you're dyin anyway..might as well do what ya need to do

Sometimes.

I have never purchased it, never rolled a joint, never lit a joint, don't own a bowl, would never carry the stuff or have it in my home. I don't object to those who use it. I have no "need" to have it.

My only disagreement with what has been said here is... I know for a fact that one can get a contact high. I was working as a volunteer for security at an outdoor folk concert. Our crew was keeping the fire lanes open. For over an hour we walked the same path around a portion of the crowd. We could smell the stuff ...we weren't paid cops and we couldn't find the culprit in the dark even if we tried, or wanted to. We just did our job keeping the fire lanes clear, dancing and laughing as we went along and had a great time doing it. The shift ended and we disbursed to our varying places in the audience. About 20 min later I was HUNGRY. I went to the security volunteer area, they always have snacks for us, and EVERYONE from my crew wash up there with the munches!

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I've never done it and I never will. I don't have a problem with it though and it smells good.

I've never smoked anything. I made a bet with my uncle when I was 13 that I would never try smoking anything (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, weed, etc...). He said I would. I stayed true to my word, and my uncle passed away five years ago.

Even if I didn't feel honor bound I still wouldn't do it, I'm just not interested.

• 2 weeks later...

When you deal with the Police Dept and Fire Dept .,getting high is not a good idea.

When you work with hospitals nursing homes restaurants schools and realitors getting high is not a good idea.

When you lead scuba diving events and are a rescue diver getting high is not a good idea.

When you you operate power tools and equipment getting high is not a good idea.

When you captain a ship getting high is not a good idea.

When you fire cannons mortars and flintlocks mixing blackpowder with dope is not a good idea.

If you ever want to do any of these things and do them well., getting high isnt a good idea.

Getting high isnt on my list of things to do to better myself or make others feel safe while they are around these activities I so enjoy.

If you do get high thats your business., but please dont be a stoned scuba diver and please dont attempt to pilot the vessle out of the marina around other expensive vessles., and please keep your distance from me while your using blackpowder .

I hate the idea of becoming a statistic because some doper somewhere wasnt thinking clearly.

Yes I have been responsible for having idiots removed from events in the past and will gladly be a part of doing it again for the safety of others ., as well as keeping the event clean and in good standing so that the powers that be will let us continue the fun we so richly deserve.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I think HarborMaster has the right take on this - of course, that's my opinion because I feel the same way :rolleyes: . What you do on your own time is your own business. But the second it interferes or can potentially interfere with another person's safety or well-being it ceases to be your own business and you should act accordingly.

Want to get drunk? High? Fine. Just don't do anything that could have any impact on another's life. Responsibility for one's own actions is the best policy. There's not a lot of that lately, unfortunately... :rolleyes:

RHJMap.jpg

I'd support the legalization of marijuana, but our society's near complete abdication of personal responsibility makes me reluctant to advocate legalization. :lol:

Moderation is a fine theory. Seldom is it ever practiced. Otherwise, there'd not be so many 12-step programs.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

So by the same tokin'...um, I mean, token...

...we should get rid of legalized gambling...legalized driving...legalized drinking...legalized cigarette smoking...(which, of course, they ARE trying their damndest to pull off)...legalized grade school, high school, college, and pro sports...legalized sex between consenting adults...

So, where does it all end? Legalizing marijuana would be a spit in the ocean of humankind's desire to destroy themselves and others. We're hardwired to be idiots - just accept the situation and guard your flanks.

As for moderation being only a theory...so is Relativity. :lol::lol:

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Moderation, naught but a theory? You make an interesting treatise, dear sir! I'd argue that me habitual drinking is due to but one cause... habitual thirst.

OK, so I drink to settle my nerves, though my wife would argue that no one's nerves are that noisy! :) <_<

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Moderation, naught but a theory? You make an interesting treatise, dear sir!

But...but...you brought it up first!

Did not!

Did too!

I double dog-dare you!

...I used to drink to forget the nerve of my wife...

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

I was going to post something....but I forgot what I was going to say......HEY!! Do I smell pizza???

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

...I used to drink to forget the nerve of my wife...

I drink to forget........

Forget what you may ask.....

I don't remember....

See it works.........

(and I don't smoke that rope........ but if it's baked inter brownies.... weeeeeellllllll different effects......) :rolleyes: